Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommed a baby video monitor?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Our regular basic type of baby monitor has just died so thinking i would like to replace it with a video monitor.
    Can anyone recommend a certain model?
    Don't really want to spend any more than 100 euros on it...
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JTormey

Thanks for the reply.
    With the wireless camera, is it possible to get sound as well? Or do you then need to have a separate basic audio monitor as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Hey, not sure on the wireless camera with sound- i got email this morning from groupon advertising it. Didn't look into it too much but will. I would imagine they can be got with sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We have this:

http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/330/Motorola-MBP20-Digital-Video-Monitor.html

MBP_20_-_Facing_Right__87002_std.jpg

MP20

I love it. Now and then it gets reduced to €55 in Argos. I missed it a few times and then grabbed it when I had a €10 off voucher.

I have just put 2 babies int he same room and I need to see whats going on, sound only is no good to me.

Even with the room blacked out I can see what I need to.

I can also talk to them and it has music that helps the small baby go to sleep. I really love it, I just wish I had bought it when number one was smaller. I'll only get a year out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

This one is outside of your specified budget at €200 but we're delighted with it so I thought I'd mention it.

http://tonykealys.com/health-safety/baby-monitors/luvion-grand-elite-3-5-digital-video-baby-monitor.html

The monitor has a huge screen, you can connect multiple cameras (up to 4 I think) which can be bought separately. It has really good infa-red capability so that there is no issue keeping an eye on little ones at night. It has the usual talk-back and music functions and, if you want to record something, the monitor has a micro-SD slot. It also has a room temperature display but this is known to be a little inaccurate.

I also can't say enough good things about Tony Kealy's (where we got it). Our last one was a couple of months out of warranty when it failed and it was exchanged without quibble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    We have this:

http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/330/Motorola-MBP20-Digital-Video-Monitor.html

MBP_20_-_Facing_Right__87002_std.jpg

MP20

I love it. Now and then it gets reduced to €55 in Argos. I missed it a few times and then grabbed it when I had a €10 off voucher.

I have just put 2 babies int he same room and I need to see whats going on, sound only is no good to me.

Even with the room blacked out I can see what I need to.

I can also talk to them and it has music that helps the small baby go to sleep. I really love it, I just wish I had bought it when number one was smaller. I'll only get a year out of it now.

we have the same one and wouldnt miss it for the world! Very handy, especially the night vision. The only (minor) thing that bugs me is that you can't switch off the key tone on the 'handset' part (dunno why, but it annoys me), and a zoom in/out function would be nice now that our babba moves around in his cot a good bit, but they're minor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JTormey

thanks all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

We have this one - it had the best reviews on Amazon when we were looking for one. It does everything. Can even move the camera around remotely.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Touch-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004EHZ58W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358719672&sr=8-1

We bought an extra camera too when our 2nd baby arrived; you can add up to 4 cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

liamo wrote: »
    This one is outside of your specified budget at €200 but we're delighted with it so I thought I'd mention it.

http://tonykealys.com/health-safety/baby-monitors/luvion-grand-elite-3-5-digital-video-baby-monitor.html

The monitor has a huge screen, you can connect multiple cameras (up to 4 I think) which can be bought separately. It has really good infa-red capability so that there is no issue keeping an eye on little ones at night. It has the usual talk-back and music functions and, if you want to record something, the monitor has a micro-SD slot. It also has a room temperature display but this is known to be a little inaccurate.

I also can't say enough good things about Tony Kealy's (where we got it). Our last one was a couple of months out of warranty when it failed and it was exchanged without quibble.
    I have the same one. It's great, a mate had one and we were impressed, so got one.
    Only feature I'd like is to be able to turn the screen off so you have sound only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Cienciano wrote: »
    Only feature I'd like is to be able to turn the screen off so you have sound only.

The one I posted does this, and it's cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement