Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to study law?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm really interested in studying law but I'm not sure where is the best place to do it. Trinity looks great but NUIG looks pretty good too. I live in Galway, is it worth moving to Dublin for Trinity?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

UCD or Trinity, pick which one you prefer. They both dominate in terms of prestige and employment prospects for Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KillMona

I think NUIG has the better course. One of my good friends did law in Carlow and the all lectures she had said the law course in NUIG was better than Trinity, especially in terms of the quality of the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

I hope you know how hard it is to get a job in law these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

If you want any info on NUIG, pm me. I'm in first year. NUIG is amazing and the lectures and lecturers are amazing too! And you'll be in college for 3/4 years, so the job market can actually change in that time. And the law firms give talks at the start of the year. They are actually hiring and they hire so many from NUIG. If you want to do law, do it because you have a genuine interest, job prospects or not. Best advice i could give

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm doing the BCL in NUIG. It's an amazing course, they set you up for life with it. It's not like the law courses in a lot of other colleges, you can add a language to your degree in first year, rather than having to apply to a college for law with a language.

I moved from Dublin to Galway for this course. I know girls doing it in Trinity and UCD, and both of those courses seem to have a large drop out rate (at least from my friends' perspective)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

My freinds Sister is in Trinity currently doing Law (4th year) and she is ooking for work placement in both Britan and ireland (more Britan than here). Shes finding it extremly diffcult to find any work placment and says that only people at the very top of the course are getting some type of placment. She says though that irish law gradutes that travelt to the USA for work have a much greater chance but she dosent want to go that far away

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

Read into it what you want, but out of the current nine members of the Supreme Court, 7 are from UCD, 1 from Trinity and 1 from UCC.

Of course that says nothing of the courses or what you want to do with your degree, but it is a food for thought figure.

Advertisement