Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party food

Options
  • 18-01-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

I'm having a party in a couple of weeks with maybe 30 to 40 people. Usually for this kind of thing I have a bbq going for the evening and cook away to order, with various salads etc laid out. It's unlikely a bbq will be a viable weather-wise so I'm thinking about other options - i'll probably go with a few different pasta/couscous salads etc. as sides.

I'm thinking about doing a slow cooker pulled pork recipe I saw here as one dish - anyone got any suggestions for others?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

okedoke wrote: »

I'm thinking about doing a slow cooker pulled pork recipe I saw here as one dish - anyone got any suggestions for others?

YOu could do a taco or fajita bar? just make up the meat mix ( maybe even a shredded whole chicken with spices) and have bowls of toppings like cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream jalapenos, peppers (this list could go on for ages so i will stop now!) and some wraps.

Handy for fussy people as they can make their own

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Thanks - fajita bar sounds like a good idea, I was already thinking of some kind of lamb tagine with pita bread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

A massive pot of Thai curry might be nice as well. I find it to be a good crowd pleaser as it's suitable for most tastes. I've also done a couple of big lasagnes for a bio crowd which always goes down well and can be easily prepped before and frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Sausage Rolls

• Advertisement
Advertisement