Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbis and Next XBox - Eurogamer's insight on hard facts

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really not impressed by those specs in one way and in another I think it's the right way to go. Really the jump in graphical power to the next generation isn't all that much since PC gaming tech progress has slowed down. I like the move to more power efficient hardware which will keep the electricity bill down and stop a reoccurrance of RROD or YLOD. Also hopefully the price will be reasonable as well. Seems to be plenty of RAM on on these machines as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If true

Dedicated OS memory, that's brilliant and combined System and graphics memory as with the 360.

AMD are suing over some nvidia nex gen console "theft" after some of AMD employees changed sides, so we'll learn a lot in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Varik wrote: »
    AMD are suing over some nvidia nex gen console "theft" after some of AMD employees changed sides, so we'll learn a lot in the coming months.

i thought that it was the guy that secured the AMD exclusivity deals with the 3 consoles got caught selling information nothing to do directly with the NGC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

NTMK wrote: »
    i thought that it was the guy that secured the AMD exclusivity deals with the 3 consoles got caught selling information nothing to do directly with the NGC

AMD listed next gen consoles in the court documents, no other details but whatever's happening it's at least involves them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Varik wrote: »
    AMD listed next gen consoles in the court documents, no other details but whatever's happening it's at least involves them.

I imagine those documents relate to tech used in their low heat mobile graphics that effect their laptop graphics and maybe desktop too AMD have the consoles sewn up next gen anyway :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement