Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Prices

Options
  • 18-01-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how much it cost to hire someone for a once off cleaning?
    I recently moved out of my rented house, where I had 3 rooms. I cleaned the house and left it in what I thought was the same condition I found it in. The landlord has said that the floors need hoovering and mopping and the bathroom has to be cleaned although I must say I disagree.
    Could anyone give me a rough idea of how much this would cost as I am afraid she will take more of my deposit than is required

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

cleaning is not a reasonable reason to deduct from a deposit. If the landlord is saying this tel him you will be raising a dispute with the PRTB.

for any deduction from your deposit you would be entitled to an original vat reciept from the landlord for the costs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lornaber

I will be asking for a receipt anyway but wanted to know she is was using a service which was more expensive than the usual. as far as i know she can deduct for cleaning if she hires someone to do it and doesn't do it herself.

lornaber wrote: »
    I will be asking for a receipt anyway but wanted to know she is was using a service which was more expensive than the usual. as far as i know she can deduct for cleaning if she hires someone to do it and doesn't do it herself.

not unless you signed a lease that agreed to that. Otherwise it is not considered a reasonable use of the deposit as has been ruled in the tennants favour in literally hundreds of PRTB cases

Do you know where I could find this in any PRTB literature so I can quote it?

lornaber wrote: »
    Do you know where I could find this in any PRTB literature so I can quote it?

its 2am on a Friday night I will have a look tomorrow. If you search the PRTB cases on their website you will find loads of em though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Totally off topic...people please take photos of a apt or house when you move in and email them to landlord and CC yourself. This can solve a lot of problems down the line.

I took pictures of the house on the night I moved out in the condition I left it as I expect my landlord to do something like this.

Advertisement