Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy flavour extraction from tobaco leafs

• 18-01-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

hi guys im a new vapour so im experimenting all the vaping possibilities! it ocurred to me i have a good amount of quality non comercially handled cured tobaco leafs stored in the back of a drawer! i was planning to grind it to smoke while a smoker to avoid the nasties added to common tobaco and never got around to do it! i was wondering if anyone did before a simple extraction of flavour to use as anice diy tobaco extract! just something simple, i wouldnt think of extracting nic since is a dangerous substance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If it's not organic there are pesticides, not sure about vaping those.

If it is organic, go for it - eBaron reckons 1-2mg of nicotine leeches into the juice, which is negligible, but what you're describing is what eBaron does, soooo...

10g of leaves tightly packed with 30-40ml of juice for a week will give enough of the flavour for you to try a few drops of. If it's too weak, steep longer.

I've had leaves in a Virginia Prime steep for over 2 months. It only got better.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

ummhm thanks for your reply i wonder if its organic! i got it from a farmer who grows them to sell them to the place "factory"?? where then the tobacco is handled to make cigarettes do you reckon it would have pesticides? also how did your extract flavour worked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rui1000 wrote: »
    ummhm thanks for your reply i wonder if its organic! i got it from a farmer who grows them to sell them to the place "factory"?? where then the tobacco is handled to make cigarettes do you reckon it would have pesticides? also how did your extract flavour worked out?

Ask the farmer if he used pesticides. Usually use of pesticides when farming anything is about not wasting yield. That's why organic costs more, there's a naturally occurring waste of yield or lack of growth.

I'm just erring toward the overstated caution that tends to run around all ecig forums out of a kind of learned politeness. It seems once we give up the cigs the majority start giving out about the most minor details as if it's catastrophic.

I dunno. Is vaping a pesticide-showered-then-washed tobacco as bad as smoking? Doubt it.

The Virginia Prime, the way it used to be sold (with leaves and separate nic-juice) is still delivering flavour (with my own nic-juice at this stage). On my fourth batch from my first bottle at the moment and it's still unbelievably tasty (better, actually, with a 22mg hit).

Could be possible that certain tobaccos are more suitable taste-wise as well, but if I had dry leaves myself I'd be using it.

The way I see it, it's not likely to be the only juice you vape, or even the majority of what you vape. Does that seem feckless? I don't know.
    E-cig people over-think things a lot (including me).
    I'd try it though.*

*not a recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

i kind of have the same thinking ill give it a go! also the amount of the extract used would be minimal! thank you for your time replying, if you would like some just pm me your adress and ill post it for you to give it a go :-)

Advertisement