Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus strange one !!

Options
  • 18-01-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there before.

I booked 2 flights to Milan in April in the Aer lingus January sale.

Today I received an email informing me of change of flight times.( had this before, normally an hour or two )
    However this was saying my flight had been moved exactly 24 hours till the same time the following day!!
    As we were only going for a couple of days and have an event on the 1st day this was a big problem.

But here's the thing, when I went on website it still gave me an option to book on my original flight, but obviously no longer at the sale price :0)

So I call helpline and the girl tells me everyone on my original flight had been moved to the next day flight!!??
    BUT she could book me back on my original flight if I would like!!!???!!!????
    Obviously my answer was yes.

I am really baffled as to what's goin on and my only cynical conclusion is that for some reason Aer Lingus reckon they can sell a load of full price seats on my original flight so have bumped all the cheap fares to make way !!

What ya reckon ?? Any alternative theories??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Nope, I would agree with your theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Miaireland wrote: »
    Nope, I would agree with your theory!

Pretty poor show if that is the case!!
    Really lost any small bit of respect I may have had left for them if so :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

BUT she could book me back on my original flight if I would like!!!???!!!????
    Obviously my answer was yes.

Without paying extra?

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

dohouch wrote: »

Without paying extra?

Yes without paying extra - but my thinking is that even if 50 % of original flight accept
    The change and don't bother going through bells and whistles of getting to talk to a human on the phone / then they still have managed to resell half an aeroplane at a much more lucrative price!!
    Maybe I am totally wrong on this but can't understand why else this wild happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Same thing happened to me with Emirates on a flight booked about 10 months in advance.

Told my flight was no longer available but I would be given a free rebooking, this link gave me 2 options but if I went onto the normal booking site my original option was still there as a paid for option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

If you book a flight more than six months or so in advance you may find that your itinerary will be changed because the timetable for that season hasn't been finalised. However, in this case it sounds more likely that there is an event on in Milan (or Dublin) on the date that you are traveling which is pushing up demand so I would guess that this is the more probable reason Aer Lingus are doing this.

AngryLips wrote: »
    If you book a flight more than six months or so in advance you may find that your itinerary will be changed because the timetable for that season hasn't been finalised. However, in this case it sounds more likely that there is an event on in Milan (or Dublin) on the date that you are traveling which is pushing up demand so I would guess that this is the more probable reason Aer Lingus are doing this.

Yeah only booked 3 months in advance,
    And yes agree there must be some event which has caused them to reshuffle -
    But as their email stated how sorry they were and how they had tried oh so hard to accommodate everyones inteneraries with the least possible disruption - it stink of BS to me , when people had already picked the flight that suited them best and that same flight is still flying !!!! Greedy B******s

Advertisement