Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV & Home Sharing problem

• 18-01-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just bought Apple TV in the past week and have it set up and linked it to itunes on my laptop (running itunes 11.0.1). I have home sharing turned on on both apple tv and on itunes, however the link between the two keeps dropping. Have been searching the forums but can't seem to find any tips on how to solve this.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

What model atv is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Is 11.0.1 the latest version of itunes?

I have the same set-up and it has worked perfectly for 2/3 years. However the connection has dropped in recent weeks. The only change was the upgrade of itunes.

Interested to see what others have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Have you tried resetting your router? I find I need to do that ever now and then when home sharing drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

I only bought it last week so presume it's the most recent version of apple tv? I've tried restoring it to factory settings and resetting my router but it still keeps dropping the connection. I'm guessing I need to have itunes open and logged in on my laptop for it to pick up my music library on apple tv? It usually works for a few minutes then the connection drops and I have to go in and turn home sharing off and on again in itunes, before dropping again a few minutes later. Very frustrating. Might it be something to do with the latest version of itunes I wonder?

Advertisement