Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working abroad for the summer

Options
  • 19-01-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I'm interested in working abroad for the Summer i.e May-August. My friend and I have our eyes set upon Ios or Zante. We plan to go somewhere that's not your usual dive like Magaluf etc etc. As most people will know we plan on getting bar/PR jobs, restaurant, all the usuals what ever we can get I suppose. Both of us will be 20 years old if that's any use also.

Just looking for some advice on where is good to go,what's the best way bout getting set up over along as regards accomodation, jobs etc. I've looked into going as part of working packages with Playaway Abroad, SunKiss Holidays and the likes which some may be familiar with but they seem a bit pricey.

Anyway all information and experiances shared are appreciated,thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

You'd probably have more luck in the travel forum to be honest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

McGeezerr wrote: »
    I'm interested in working abroad for the Summer i.e May-August. My friend and I have our eyes set upon Ios or Zante. We plan to go somewhere that's not your usual dive like Magaluf etc etc. As most people will know we plan on getting bar/PR jobs, restaurant, all the usuals what ever we can get I suppose. Both of us will be 20 years old if that's any use also.

Just looking for some advice on where is good to go,what's the best way bout getting set up over along as regards accomodation, jobs etc. I've looked into going as part of working packages with Playaway Abroad, SunKiss Holidays and the likes which some may be familiar with but they seem a bit pricey.

Anyway all information and experiances shared are appreciated,thanks in advance :D

You do realise that their unemployment rate is nearing 27% and many tourists are avoiding the country because of unrest there.... How do you plan to finance yourself while looking for a job? It might be worthing finding a country with better prospects...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Jim2007 wrote: »
    You do realise that their unemployment rate is nearing 27% and many tourists are avoiding the country because of unrest there.... How do you plan to finance yourself while looking for a job? It might be worthing finding a country with better prospects...

My friends worked in Ios last year and had multiple jobs over the course of their stay. Also finance is no hassle due to savings.

Advertisement