Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50GB free storage on Mega (Mod Note: First post)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've been able to upload stuff to it no problems, at my max upload speed as well (which isn't very fast to be honest). When I go to download a file that I have uploaded though, I get an error that the file isn't available. I'm sure it'll take a fair while until it'll be fully up to speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭iMyself

Not sure I get the fuss to be honest. 50gb of free space but with a company which has previously been closed down, servers seized and everyones data lost....erm no thanks. I can share files with friends and family via many other legitimate services. If its all about piracy, I still don't get it. Are we going to see pirate bay listing links and keys? You'll have the FBI on your door within hours of posting a link to something hot such as a box office screener. Really not getting the fuss... :confused: And as for protecting themselves, if there are links floating around all over the internet showing illegal material hosted by mega, how can they claim ignorance? All sounds a bit stupid to me. I'm sure he has some way of making a quick few million out of this before he gets shut down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Khannie wrote: »
    I tried again today and still have not been able to upload a file (tried two computers, yesterday and today). Is anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, ultra-slow for me. I'm giving up. Perhaps half the planet is trying to upload stuff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I’m not quite certain about this, but I would assume that considering what has happened before Kim Dotcom has made pretty dam sure his servers will not be taken this time and that the users data is safe.
    Regards piracy I assume forums will be set up like <snip> and the others that were popular for Rapidshare etc – with links and passwords there for the files to be downloaded. Mega won’t be able to see what’s on the servers so they can get away with it.

Please correct me if I’m wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭iMyself

Zascar wrote: »
    I’m not quite certain about this, but I would assume that considering what has happened before Kim Dotcom has made pretty dam sure his servers will not be taken this time and that the users data is safe.
    Regards piracy I assume forums will be set up like <snip>. and the others that were popular for Rapidshare etc – with links and passwords there for the files to be downloaded. Mega won’t be able to see what’s on the servers so they can get away with it.

Please correct me if I’m wrong!
    That is what he is claiming but he is wrong. Everyone can see what is on the servers if there are thousands\millions of links posted around the internet accessible to everyone including kim dotcom and the authorities. "Hey Kim, here are 10 million links to illegal material hosted on your servers". How can you claim ignorance? It's all a load of BS to me. He's found a way to get back up and running alright, but its the same old same and maybe slightly trickier to build a case against him but not that tricky really. The MPAA etc will have tracker software up and running within a week of the first forum\link site popping up.

I think some people percieve him to be some sort of genius. He's not really though, he's just a criminal and a pretty bad one at that. A good criminal is secretive, they certainly don't have launch parties and do interviews announcing their latest escapades!

• Advertisement

A well known hacker took a look at the sites crypto today, apparently its terrible. I wouldnt go putting anything confidential in there.

Qo7MHZ8.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod Note: Hi folks, Please do not mention any warez sites/forums by name please unless they are part of a respected news article source. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

http://mega-search.me/

^^for all your linux download needs.

Respected News Article Source.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

You get 50 GB here http://www.adrive.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

cisk wrote: »
    A well known hacker took a look at the sites crypto today, apparently its terrible. I wouldnt go putting anything confidential in there.

Qo7MHZ8.png

So, considering this then which then would readers recommendations be for the single best free storage site for personal use all things considered. One answer only please...

• Advertisement
Advertisement