Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Band in Galway OR Clare

• 19-01-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a 25 yo bassist with good ability to write looking to form an original band. I'm looking to write slightly alternative, modern sounding rock (bands like The Butterfly Effect and Karnivool are good examples of tones etc that I like :). I would like the writing process to be clever rather than throwing out tunes quickly, instead, putting time in to the writing and all band members having influence over the outcome of each track. Idealistic I know :)

I'm based in Galway but from Clare so I don't mind where this is based between these two. If the people involved are willing to put in the work and have the talent I'm looking for then I don't mind going further afield.

Firstly, I'm looking for a singer. I don't mind if they can play an instrument. I'd want the frontman to be just frontman anyway. Also the frontman should be adept at writing lyrics, preferably not about past relationships too :P

I'm looking for two guitarists who like a modern guitar tone. I'm not really looking for rhythm players, but two guitarists who can work two lead lines off each other by using effects and creating melody and atmosphere and let the bass carry the rhythm :)

Drummers, I would hope, would particularly like working with poly-rhythms :D

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 HELP!puleaze

flameboy87 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a 25 yo bassist with good ability to write looking to form an original band. I'm looking to write slightly alternative, modern sounding rock (bands like The Butterfly Effect and Karnivool are good examples of tones etc that I like :). I would like the writing process to be clever rather than throwing out tunes quickly, instead, putting time in to the writing and all band members having influence over the outcome of each track. Idealistic I know :)

I'm based in Galway but from Clare so I don't mind where this is based between these two. If the people involved are willing to put in the work and have the talent I'm looking for then I don't mind going further afield.

Firstly, I'm looking for a singer. I don't mind if they can play an instrument. I'd want the frontman to be just frontman anyway. Also the frontman should be adept at writing lyrics, preferably not about past relationships too :P

I'm looking for two guitarists who like a modern guitar tone. I'm not really looking for rhythm players, but two guitarists who can work two lead lines off each other by using effects and creating melody and atmosphere and let the bass carry the rhythm :)

Drummers, I would hope, would particularly like working with poly-rhythms :D

Thanks for reading

Hullo,

Im interested as frontman ...

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

Bump

Bump :)

Bump :D

Up!! :)