Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Fault

Options
  • 19-01-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I bought the Samsung S3 on contract last October. Over the last few weeks my phone charges when it wants and now not at all. There is nothing wrong with the battery or charger (I have changed these) and charged in different locations.

I have since found out that there is a problem with the port connected to the phone which is used for charging and connecting to laptop, so not my fault. I haven't dropped the phone either.

I'm going into the shop tomorrow, but wondering if I am entitled to a new phone on the spot or will I have to send it away. I have been told that if its still under 6 months then there is some EU law stating that I am entitled to a new one, but don't know. I can't afford to go without a phone either as I use it everyday for work.

An help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It's well over 28 days since purchase so they'll offer a repair. You may be able to get a loan phone but chances are it won't be great and they'll look for a deposit for it.

You can reject the repair but you may need to go to the SCC to try get your preferred outcome and that's only if a judge agrees that a repair is unreasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If they send it for repair make sure you've backed everything up as it will be totally wiped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Why would an EU law override Irish Law? There is an EU directive that Ireland complied with by creating a law in Ireland called a statutory instrument and it does not say you are entitled to a new phone. It also doesn't say you have a two year warranty.

Advertisement