Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get my ms account going !

Options
  • 19-01-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi - (long story longer)- but I got rrod and got the box reflowed all good on startup except cannot sign into my Microsoft account - tried my usual password and a few others that I had years ago to no avail - now I'm locked out of my ms account for entering too many times !

I just got a new desktop which is win8 which is also telling me that yes I do have a Microsoft account but the password is incorrect - I've been around the world on this -it's driving me mental

Is my easier quicker option to register a new email address altogether buy a new subscription to Xbox live, get a new gamer tag and move on or am I missing something ? I'm going to try to ring Xbox on Monday to see if I can recoup some of the subscription or transfer it --- ANY help would be great - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 revealingsean

Go to www.account.live.com and select the cant sign in/cant access my account and follow the steps.
    If you can't remember your Security questions then click on "cant use these options" or something like that and fill out the questionnaire as best you can. You should receive an email reset link (your going to need another email address to receive the email) in a little while.
    If you don't give enough info then I am afraid you are pretty goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Go to www.account.live.com and select the cant sign in/cant access my account and follow the steps.
    If you can't remember your Security questions then click on "cant use these options" or something like that and fill out the questionnaire as best you can. You should receive an email reset link (your going to need another email address to receive the email) in a little while.
    If you don't give enough info then I am afraid you are pretty goosed.
    I managed to get Xbox on the phone and they took over my MS account for a couple of hours and got it sorted - thanks man

Advertisement