Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruel horse abattoir slaughter of former pets, racehorses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I feel sick.. That is disgusting
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭mojesius

It's such a shame that we can't be more humane in our treatment of animals. I hope the plant gets shut down. Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was shocked and sickened when I saw this on Sky news a few minutes ago. Its the 21st century and still animals are being treated in a medieval way in slaughter houses. As usual the company calls it an isolated incident and denies a problem. At least they've lost their license now, little consolation to the animals that have suffered so horribly though. It makes me glad I'm a veggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

And I read yesterday that the price of a mare and foal for slaughter is £400.

So many people who bought a nice place they could afford and got a pony for the children, now in negative equity, struggling to pay the gas bill, feed the pets, insure the house, hang on to the job, if they even still have a job.

Advertisement