Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Simple question. What would be the best nightclub to head to for a lively atmosphere tonight in Kilkenny? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Set Theatre on John Street. Great tunes, great dancing, big beer garden.

If you want to sit and chat indoors though, you may forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Morrisons on Ormonde Street, dowstairs especially! Great spot! ;)

I joke, stay clear of Morrisons, awful cattle mart down the basement.

Set is good as said above, probably Langtons itself then would be the alternative option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

The worlds end on a Saturday night is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Langtons is good spot, it do be mad busy but its always a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lanigans and then onto Langtons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Thanks for that. Went to Langtons. Great craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Threadhead wrote: »
    If you want to sit and chat indoors though, you may forget about it.
    It is violently loud in there, and not only that, but the sound quality is appalling. I have no idea why they feel the need to drive the absolute nuts out of the soundsystem.

I really like everything about Set- nice people, nice eclectic selection of tunes, decor and jacks are grand etc, but the audio is actually offensive and probably well beyond health and safety limits in terms of volume. And it is most definitely not only me that thinks this, I have heard it said so many times. It's a wonder the staff are not all deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. It's just way too small for it to be that loud. I hate the fact that you need to go out into the beer garden if you want to have any semblance of conversation whatsoever. The bar service in there isn't too hot either. But it's still the best in terms of music, great for dancing and looks good.

I guess they put Bridie's there so you had an option if you wanted to talk!

Advertisement