Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp in new house

Options
  • 19-01-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, bought a house 6 years ago. There were huge draughts around windows and doors. So we filled in the gaps around the window sills and put rubber draught excluder around the windows. Now the problem is condensation and damp. Other than getting new windows put in what can we do?? The house is still covered by the builders indemnity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Get an engineer to look at it, he/ she'll fill out a report and advise you what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flah2006

any idea of price? and what type of engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

flah2006 wrote: »
    any idea of price? and what type of engineer

Sorry, no idea of price, i'm sure they are all quite competitive atm, should have no problem getting quotes.
    Structural / civil engineer.
    There are also a number of accessors who could look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

galwayrush wrote: »

Sorry, no idea of price, i'm sure they are all quite competitive atm, should have no problem getting quotes.
    Structural / civil engineer.
    There are also a number of accessors who could look into it.
    It's generally only around 200 euro to get a structural engineer out to do a snag list/report on a house before you but so I'd imagine it won't be any more than that and probably less

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Galway County >> Construction and Planning

• Advertisement
Advertisement