Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 digit sort code?!

Options
  • 19-01-2013 1:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to transfer money here to an ulster bank account but the sort code I was given is only 4 numbers long, 6 are required on the system, how do I pay? Did they give me a wrong sort code?

Comments

Do you have the IBAN? that should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Trying to transfer money here to an ulster bank account but the sort code I was given is only 4 numbers long, 6 are required on the system, how do I pay? Did they give me a wrong sort code?

Yes... Maybe they gave u the.last four digits because the first 2 are generally automatically filled in on inbranch lodgement slips. Did the one u were given started with 9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

As far a I know all Ulster Bank sort codes start with 98- so 98- and 4 digits you where given.

http://www.swiftcodesinfo.com/sort-code/results.php?searchstring=Ulster%20Bank

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got 9850 and nothing else. Don't have IBAN. I see several banks on google have that in it

9850 seems to be the first four numbers. You need two more.
    Google the branch address and you should find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yeah it appears you've just got the first 4. You'll need the final two before making the transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Find your sort code here http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/advice-tools/branches.ashx Just click your branch.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey thanks guys, I had to go find out what the rest of the code was. Just a mistake on their behalf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes it's six digits starts with 98 I think

• Advertisement

anyone taking bets on where it is

-10 College Green
    -20 Baggot St
    -30 Camden St
    -40 O'Connell St
    -50 Ranelagh

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Geri Male wrote: »
    anyone taking bets on where it is

-10 College Green
    -20 Baggot St
    -30 Camden St
    -40 O'Connell St
    -50 Ranelagh

etc

I'll have a fiver each-way on Camden St., are you paying 1/4 the odds for a place?

1/4 odds for 2nd or 3rd

LATEST ODDS

College Green 1/3
    O'Connell St Evens
    Baggot St 2/1
    Camden St 4/1
    Ranelagh 33/1

Haha, think I'll have a wager

Advertisement