Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do???

• 19-01-2013 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

So seeing as recent COD titles have been below par. I thought an interesting topic for discussion would be "what you would do". You’re in charge at a large development company and you have the COD series in your sights.

So what would you do? Remember it's not COD. Its a direct competitor. You can take ideas from COD but you need to innovate as well.

No connection talk. Assume it’s like MW/MW2

Topics.

1) Weapons...attachments/secondary’s/ Snipers/shotguns. Keep the balance talk to a minimum.
    2) Perk system...keep it/something new/pick 15???
    3) Equipment. Sentry guns, claymore's and the like?
    4) Maps. Innovate or old style cod maps.
    5) Kill streaks...yes or no. and what kind (remember its not cod)
    6) Anything else? What would you like to see in a new title (anything goes)

Rob......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

COD4 with updated graphics pl0x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Kells... wrote: »
    COD4 with updated graphics pl0x.

and maps, minus 3*grenades. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Dinosaurs! defo needs Dinosaurs.Big fukking ones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They fixed most of what needed fixing for BO2, just take out the target finder and improve hit detection, I doubt there's much they can do about lag comp though as that's been a problem since COD4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

COD4 with customisable killstreaks, 10 point load out system like BOII and the sniping from BOI.

Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CoD4.. but remove 3 frags, remove martyrdom and reduce blast radius.

Rarely if ever used juggernaut except occasionally for a shotgun class on certain maps, but I had no real issue with it tbh.

If I'm really picky, maybe instead of 3-5-7 I'd alternate it slightly to say 4-8-12 or something like that. Maybe throw in counter UAV, B52 and something else as a secondary option. AC130 and chopper gunner I have no time for as I like to be on the move and actually kill people with my gun, unlike most it feels like these days!

Advertisement