Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

CSF wrote: »
    With Chamberlain and Podolski probably due to return, I'm kind of hoping we might see Walcott rested?
    al_bundy_gtfo_gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

With Chamberlain and Podolski probably due to return, I'm kind of hoping we might see Walcott rested? Wouldn't bet on it, but he has played pretty much every game over the Christmas period including the cup games.

What about Sagna getting rested? Woeful today and Jenkinson played solidly while he was out at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8-10 wrote: »
    What about Sagna getting rested? Woeful today and Jenkinson played solidly while he was out at the start of the season.
    Hope not, but there will probably be surprises in the team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have him. But he was AWFUL today. Looked disinterested first half. Offered little going forward. Will be sold next week !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Coquelin and Giroud will get hooked with Podolski and Oxlade Soup will be recalled as long as they're not still sitting on the jacks come wednesday....! :rolleyes:

Sagna is due an assist or jammy goal so fingers and toes crossed it happens against the hammers and then o Brien can score and wipe out Vermaelans clean sheet....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Only 47(-4), but it still feels like a middle of the week for me. Fellaini and Lambert, and after that Walcott(C), Gibbs, Wilshere and Demel left to play.
    Wouldn't mind multiple goals at Southampton-Everton game. And if Arsenal play with Westham as they played second half at Stamford Bridge, i should get decent score. 43 is not decent at all at this moment, the average will be very high again this week i suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

on 49 with only baines left to play, though im expecting both sides to score in the arsenal-west ham game and hoping podolski doesnt get anything either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

54 with Gibbs, Demel and Walcott (c) still to play. Yet again left a load of points on my bench with Federici and Marveaux both getting 6. Ba's cameo was a bit of a killer. Luiz didn't play but Marveuax can't come in for a defender so it'll jump to Harte (2). Can't complain too much though as I finally have a green arrow back, even if only for a day... I expect it to change after tonight's game unless it's a boring 1-1 draw with random scorers, highly unlikely.

Annoying to see Davies get 10 though, he was in every one of my wildcard teams except the final one. I went with Luiz, Cameron and Marveaux over Clyne, Davies and Puncheon. That's worked out well. Even worse though is looking at my pre-wildcard team, that's some painful viewing... Silva (16), Fletcher (13), Cazorla and Sterling all subbed out.

Looking at my defence it's getting absolutely destroyed the last month. 2 clean sheets and 1 assist from 20.

Gameweek 19: 3, 1, 1, 0
    Gameweek 20: 6, 4, 2, 1
    Gameweek 21: 2, 2, 1, 0
    Gameweek 22: 6, 1, 1, 1
    Gameweek 23: 2, 2, 1, 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

44 pts with 5 to play including walcott capt red arrows for the first time in weeks and also highly likely to be going out of the FSA cup .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    54 with Gibbs, Demel and Walcott (c) still to play. Yet again left a load of points on my bench with Federici and Marveaux both getting 6. Ba's cameo was a bit of a killer. Luiz didn't play but Marveuax can't come in for a defender so it'll jump to Harte (2). Can't complain too much though as I finally have a green arrow back, even if only for a day... I expect it to change after tonight's game unless it's a boring 1-1 draw with random scorers, highly unlikely.

Annoying to see Davies get 10 though, he was in every one of my wildcard teams except the final one. I went with Luiz, Cameron and Marveaux over Clyne, Davies and Puncheon. That's worked out well. Even worse though is looking at my pre-wildcard team, that's some painful viewing... Silva (16), Fletcher (13), Cazorla and Sterling all subbed out.

Looking at my defence it's getting absolutely destroyed the last month. 2 clean sheets and 1 assist from 20.

Gameweek 19: 3, 1, 1, 0
    Gameweek 20: 6, 4, 2, 1
    Gameweek 21: 2, 2, 1, 0
    Gameweek 22: 6, 1, 1, 1
    Gameweek 23: 2, 2, 1, 1

Were you playing 4 at the back each week? That's tough going Rory, but I doubt it will continue.

Gameweek 19: 7, 2, 2, 1, 11
    Gameweek 20: 8, 1, -2, 6, 1
    Gameweek 21: 3, 2, 1, 15
    Gameweek 22: 7, 6, 11, 1
    Gameweek 23: 2, 6, 2 (with one game remaining), 10

4 weeks out of 5 with a defender scoring double figures and 6 cleanies. First figure each week is goalkeeper. I'm thinking of taking a few points hits over the next few weeks to get in some solid defenders. Made an error with Harte and want rid asap!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Were you playing 4 at the back each week? That's tough going Rory, but I doubt it will continue.

Gameweek 19: 7, 2, 2, 1, 11
    Gameweek 20: 8, 1, -2, 6, 1
    Gameweek 21: 3, 2, 1, 15
    Gameweek 22: 7, 6, 11, 1
    Gameweek 23: 2, 6, 2 (with one game remaining), 10

4 weeks out of 5 with a defender scoring double figures and 6 cleanies. First figure each week is goalkeeper. I'm thinking of taking a few points hits over the next few weeks to get in some solid defenders. Made an error with Harte and want rid asap!

Nope, 3 at the back + keeper! Your scores across the board continue to amaze me, I will not use the L word but f**k me I would love to be in your shoes the last month! Almost every time a somewhat 'random' player like Davies has a smashing week you have him! Very frustrating that I went with Cameron and Marveaux over Puncheon and Davies, was a last minute decision but has really cost me. Same with Luiz over Azpil, seems like it was the correct decision at the time based on info that Terry was back training, yet he's still playing and banging in assists. Gibbs has gone to sh*t too, need a CS from him against WH.

FYI Harte is not an error unless you have cash to upgrade. He's perfect for £3.8m. I'll be holding on to him.

Nope, 3 at the back + keeper! Your scores across the board continue to amaze me, I will not use the L word but f**k me I would love to be in your shoes the last month! Almost every time a somewhat 'random' player like Davies has a smashing week you have him! Very frustrating that I went with Cameron and Marveaux over Puncheon and Davies, was a last minute decision but has really cost me. Same with Luiz over Azpil, seems like it was the correct decision at the time based on info that Terry was back training, yet he's still playing and banging in assists. Gibbs has gone to sh*t too, need a CS from him against WH.

FYI Harte is not an error unless you have cash to upgrade. He's perfect for £3.8m. I'll be holding on to him.

The only defender that surprised me in all my scores above was Davies. He is definately not a goalscorer but I'll take that. Clyne and Zabaleta both have attacking threat in every game I see them and they are boind to return attacking scores now and again, but they just so happen to do it in the same period. Davies is there becuase of Swanseas excellent upcoming fixtures and the likes of Clyne and Zabaleta are there because I felt about 5 weeks ago that Stokes defense would go to ****e and got rid of Huth. I'll be honest though, I thought they would begin to shore things up in the last week or so but there seems to be no sign of that happening. Was going to bring in Cameron but reassessing that decision now. They look like conceding in every single game and people stand to lose a fortune on the likes of Begovic and Shawcross if they sell up.

I was burned by Azpilicueta too, 3 assists in 3 games after I get rid because of concerns with Terry's return. :rolleyes: Have to take the bad with the good I guess.

The only defender that surprised me in all my scores above was Davies. He is definately not a goalscorer but I'll take that. Clyne and Zabaleta both have attacking threat in every game I see them and they are boind to return attacking scores now and again, but they just so happen to do it in the same period. Davies is there becuase of Swanseas excellent upcoming fixtures and the likes of Clyne and Zabaleta are there because I felt about 5 weeks ago that Stokes defense would go to ****e and got rid of Huth. I'll be honest though, I thought they would begin to shore things up in the last week or so but there seems to be no sign of that happening. Was going to bring in Cameron but reassessing that decision now. They look like conceding in every single game and people stand to lose a fortune on the likes of Begovic and Shawcross if they sell up.

I was burned by Azpilicueta too, 3 assists in 3 games after I get rid because of concerns with Terry's return. :rolleyes: Have to take the bad with the good I guess.

I must have said on at least 5 occasions in the run up to the Wildcard that Stoke's defence would turn to sh*t. Cameron wasn't remaining in my team in any of my plans until right at the end - looking back on it now I think I picked the worst option of the 3 or 4 I was considering. No Clyne, Puncheon, Fellaini, Zabaleta or Davies, and all have scored well.

Can't get too annoyed about the likes of Fletcher or Silva as I was always planning on getting rid of them, but it seems like all the minor decisions seem to be the wrong ones. Could really do with one of those weeks where everything goes right... can I borrow one? :P

Might gamble and double up on Stoke GK + DF next week, they have to turn it around soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Surprised to hear that you have been dissapointed with Harte, he's 3.8m and as long as he plays he's at least an assist threat from set pieces, he'll surely burst the net with a free kick in the next few weeks also, they also have good enough fixtures once Chelsea are out of the way next week.

Surprised to hear that you have been dissapointed with Harte, he's 3.8m and as long as he plays he's at least an assist threat from set pieces, he'll surely burst the net with a free kick in the next few weeks also, they also have good enough fixtures once Chelsea are out of the way next week.

I'm concerned that he will lose his place soon. 3.8m for a player that is not playing is a waste and my decision to bring him in is atypical of my usual long-term transfer dealings! I also have Federici who more than covers the Reading defense.

He will do for now, but I think I have space for a second pricey defender and Harte will likely make way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I'm concerned that he will lose his place soon. 3.8m for a player that is not playing is a waste and my decision to bring him in is atypical of my usual long-term transfer dealings! I also have Federici who more than covers the Reading defense.

He will do for now, but I think I have space for a second pricey defender and Harte will likely make way.

Not if he is planned as your 5th choice defender just to make up the numbers. Given the lack of clean sheets this season I can't imagine anyone having to field all 5 defenders in any gameweek.

Having Harte to save funds for better use elsewhere is a good plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I just checked and Harte has 15 goals from 81 apps with Reading, maybe a few were penalty's but it's quite impressive nonetheless, there aren't many guys in the league that I'd rather see standing over a 25 yard free kick. He seems fairly settled in the team for the moment, who knows what will happen in the future but every player can be dropped, he'll put away a free kick in the next few weeks but will probably be sitting on my bench, we'll all be cursing ourselves, I'm happy to keep him as long as he's playing but it'll be no big deal Shorey comes back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Unfortunately, any penalty Reading have got this year once Le Fondre is on the pitch he takes them. Harte has been taking a lot of Free Kicks & Corners since he has got back into the team. He is a regular at the moment coz Reading have been getting results.

I am quite happy to have him in my team for 3.8mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

TOFFEES: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Naismith, Pienaar, Neville, Osman, Fellaini, Jelavic

SAINTS: Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw, Puncheon, Schneiderlin, Cork, Guly, Ramírez, Lambert (c).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Come on Fellaini ya beast of a man!

Would love a final push from Fellaini and Theo/Gibbs on Wed to make this GW even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ben Davies remains in my bench so. Come on Pienaar . Hat trick please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bitta Fellaini magic please.

Fellaini 3rd minute yellow card, 4th minute OG, 5th minute injury please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I left Puncheon on my bench and started Marveaux so lets hope it remains a somewhat inspired decision. A few goals from the Fellaini wouldn't go amiss either. The saints need to be punished for sacking Adkins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Good feeling bout a Fellaini goal. He's been threatening since he's returned against Swansea and Newcastle, goal is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

being greedy here but cud do with a fellani brace to give me a chance of making the next round of the fsa cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Fellaini 3rd minute yellow card, 4th minute OG, 5th minute injury please.

I'd prefer if he missed a penalty also. And got sent off, not injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

C'mon Puncheon, a leftover pick from last wks dgw....prove u are worth sticking with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Could do with a brace from Fellani and a CS to haul me back into the FSA Cup!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

A Puncheon goal tonight would put me top of my private league, I'm not expecting much, but it would be a nice parting gift before I ship him out for Silva with the wildcard.

Advertisement