Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have seem 5 or 6 teams who have TRIPLED up on the West Ham defense (Jussi, Demel, O'Brien) and some also have Arsenal defenders. One team, and I sh!t you not, has (in addition to Walcott) Sagna, Vermaelaen, Demel, Jussi and OBrien.

Would gladly take 1-1 tomorrow night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger has confirmed that Podolski is fit and available for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hooray!

Wait; if he doesn't play, Clyne comes in with 6. Boo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

2 welcome bonus for Fellaini.

up to 66th worldwide.

a better week than i thought - sitting on 66 points with captain Walcott and Sagna to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So long as he outscores Fellaini,I'll be happy.But knowing my luck he'll play 59 minutes,do nothing & get booked.

Made a rookie mistake of not checking my subs before the deadline & left Clyne as 3rd sub-Luiz didn't play & my 2nd sub got a big fat zero.I was convinced that I changed Clyne to 2nd sub:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Podolski usually gets subbed, it's a strange one by Wenger.

Anyway, I think Arsenal can get a CS against West Ham who have looked dreadful for a while. Lacking goals, quality.

I'd say low-scoring 1 or 2-0 to Arsenal. With goals obviously from....FEO FEO FEO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

On 80 for this GW with Theo captain, Gibbs and Demel to go. Only wrong decision I made in hindsight was Begovic over Federici but I would do that most of the time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Santi101 wrote: »
    Podolski usually gets subbed, it's a strange one by Wenger.

Anyway, I think Arsenal can get a CS against West Ham who have looked dreadful for a while. Lacking goals, quality.

I'd say low-scoring 1 or 2-0 to Arsenal. With goals obviously from....FEO FEO FEO!

It'll be 4-1, Arsenal can't be as bad as they were in the first half vs Chelsea.
    That'd do,a couple of goals from Theo & something from Podolski & Gibbs with Cazorla doing nothing as I've sold him last week & some of my rivals still have him.Nolan with a consolation goal assisted by Demel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i on 64 with Walcott (c),Cazorla,Gibbs,J.Cole,Demel & Jaaskelainen all to play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    2 welcome bonus for Fellaini.

up to 66th worldwide.

a better week than i though - sitting on 66 points with captain Walcott and Sagna to play.
    Thats some going fair play. Feeling a bit of pressure now after offering you advice yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

zerks wrote: »
    It'll be 4-1, Arsenal can't be as bad as they were in the first half vs Chelsea.
    That'd do,a couple of goals from Theo & something from Podolski & Gibbs with Cazorla doing nothing as I've sold him last week & some of my rivals still have him.Nolan with a consolation goal assisted by Demel.

Also expect Arsenal to go for few goals. They need it after what happened at Chelsea (can only blame themselves for their 1st half).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thats some going fair play. Feeling a bit of pressure now after offering you advice yesterday.

:D

ah it's all good.

if i manage to stay at the top of Boards it'll be a bonus in all honesty.

i don't expect to, especially since i'll be away for 3 weeks on honeymoon in February.

my aim is always top 10,000, which i've realised should really be possible most years for a good player. depending on how this year finishes, i'll aim higher next year.

a lot of everything else is down to a combination of luck, certain decisions going for you, some good forward planning, and a good start.

a good start, and being happy with most of your team after GW1 and 2, is severely underrated IMO. that homework really can stand you in good stead.

no matter who was top in here, i'd still offer advice tbh, even if number 1 in the world was asking. it's all a bit of fun after all.

also, even with where I am, i still have fúcking Federici, Marveaux and Clyne on my bench this week. and i had Michu on the bench in his Arsenal away week, which is the only really bad mistake i think i've made...well, the only one i've paid for anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

46 points, with Captain Walcott, and Mertesacker to play, and 14 points on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »

ah it's all good.

if i manage to stay at the top of Boards it'll be a bonus in all honesty.

i don't expect to, especially since i'll be away for 3 weeks on honeymoon in February.

my aim is always top 10,000, which i've realised should really be possible most years for a good player. depending on how this year finishes, i'll aim higher next year.

a lot of everything else is down to a combination of luck, certain decisions going for you, some good forward planning, and a good start.

a good start, and being happy with most of your team after GW1 and 2, is severely underrated IMO. that homework really can stand you in good stead.

no matter who was top in here, i'd still offer advice tbh, even if number 1 in the world was asking. it's all a bit of fun after all.

also, even with where I am, i still have fúcking Federici, Marveaux and Clyne on my bench this week. and i had Michu on the bench in his Arsenal away week, which is the only really bad mistake i think i've made...well, the only one i've paid for anyway :p
    Id imagine if your top of the boards league at the end of the year you will comfortably be in the top 200. Enjoy the honeymoon my marriage is nearly getting to the stage of " its me or that bloody fantasy football". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

irish-stew wrote: »
    46 points, with Captain Walcott, and Mertesacker to play, and 14 points on the bench.

54 points with Captain Walcott, Gibb and Demel to play, and 14 points on the bench.

i+feel+your+pain+_090e60b768d10714c36e7accabbeafbc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Level on points with my cup Rival for the 2nd week in a row going into the last game, he's got Reid starting and Mcartney on the bench, he also has 1 point coming off the bench to replace Yaya.

I've Demel and Theo playing tonight, neither captain.

roryc wrote: »
    54 points with Captain Walcott, Gibb and Demel to play, and 14 points on the bench.

i+feel+your+pain+_090e60b768d10714c36e7accabbeafbc.jpg

Lads, points on the bench is a common occurence! Can't understand why people dwell on these things.

Going by your last comparison Rory, and highlighting anytime someone on bench gets more than 3 points...

Me:
    GW16: 5, 0, 0, 9
    GW17: 1, 0, 0, 0
    GW18: 3, 10, 6, 2
    GW19: 9, 0, 0, 0
    GW20: 3, 0, 0, 0
    GW21: 3, 5, 0, 7
    GW22: 1, 12, 6, 1
    GW23: 6, 2, 6, 3

You:
    GW16: 1, 0, 9, 0
    GW17: 7, 0, 0, 0
    GW18: 10, 1, -2, 0
    GW19: 0, 0, 0, 0
    GW20: 2, 0, 1, 0
    GW21: 2, 8, 7, 1
    GW22: 1, 3, 1, 0
    GW23: 6, 6, 2, 1

...you have absolutely nothing to complain about compared to me(!!!), but I see all these points on the bench as a good thing. I continue to pick what I feel is my best eleven each week, and if players score well on the bench then c'est la vie. I know that if someone is injured in my first team, I have a good chance of good points off the bench.

I'd much rather this than seeing 2, 0, 2, 1 every week because my bench is sh!te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Futureguy, you talk far too much sense, most of us would prefer to believe that we leave points on the bench due to some tinkers curse or similar, we prefer it that way.

Futureguy, you talk far too much sense, most of us would prefer to believe that we leave points on the bench due to some tinkers curse or similar, we prefer it that way.

You've just won my post of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

yeah if you got points on the bench it means you're doing it right. i got bale ashley cole and clyne on my bench lol.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, points on the bench is a common occurence! Can't understand why people dwell on these things.

Because its rare that I have so many coming off it.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Because its rare that I have so many coming off it.

Yep, this is my point! Would love if I had some points coming off the bench for a change!

Also, 100% agree with tinkers curse.

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, this is my point! Would love if I had some points coming off the bench for a change!

Also, 100% agree with tinkers curse.

But in your case you have an extra 10 points on me, and one more to play.

:p

2-0 tonight please.

Demel goes off injured in 65th minute, taking his clean sheet 6 points to the dressing room.
    Walcott then opens the scoring in the 70th minute after a beautiful through ball from Gibbs.
    Gibbs makes it 2-0 after a cross deflects in off Joey O'Brien.

Too much to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd prefer Jussi & Demel to have a clash of heads on 61 minutes with both needing to be taken off as precautionary measure then have Walcott & Nolan score hattricks in a classic 3-3 game!

Im definately not asking for alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Game definitely going ahead tonight then? Any danger of cancellation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

KevIRL wrote: »
    Game definitely going ahead tonight then? Any danger of cancellation?

I'm in work 9 miles away from the ground, the snow is still hanging around on grassy patches but it's fairly much gone from footpaths, completely gone from all but the lest used roads. Right now, it's actually quite nice and mild out. It'll be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd prefer Jussi & Demel to have a clash of heads on 61 minutes with both needing to be taken off as precautionary measure then have Walcott & Nolan score hattricks in a classic 3-3 game!

Im definately not asking for alot!

A boring 0-0 would do the job for me

theteal wrote: »
    I'm in work 9 miles away from the ground, the snow is still hanging around on grassy patches but it's fairly much gone from footpaths, completely gone from all but the lest used roads. Right now, it's actually quite nice and mild out. It'll be on.

I have a gypsy curse on the game (thanks for the advice Swiper). Even if it does go ahead, it'll be a 1-1 draw with a Walcott goal and a Gibbs og.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

ARSENAL: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud.

WEST HAM: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Reid, Tomkins, Noble, Taylor, Nolan, Collison, Vaz Te, C.Cole

Advertisement