Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hairdresser for men in Dublin City centre, Any recommendation ?

Options
  • 19-01-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey, I am 19 year old guy and I am New to Dublin.
    I would like any recommendation on a hairdresser for me here in the city centre.
    I have medium hair at the moment and Ive been growing it out for 5 or 6 months nearly now, so I definitely need a haircut.
    Ive heard some nightmare stories at the university that some barbers and hairdressers here are hair murders. Probably why I have put of a cut for so long,, but now the hair is crazy.
    My hair is like a bush, it is wavy/curly and quite thick. It has now a bit of length maybe 2.5-3 inches around. I want someone that knows how to deal with this hair, I dont want to look like i paid 50cent to get my hair prepared for the army.
    Back in Paris i pay between 30-50 depending on what I want to do, so not sure of the prices here to expect but I have heard its cheaper ?

Any recomendations ? Thank you.
    I wrote this yesterday but it seems it was moved and dissapeared or something, so I think its in the right place..Sorry, but new to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

warldorf barbers, westmoreland street

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Hey

I'm a girl with shortish hair and I use the Natural Cut on Wicklow Street, have done for about the last 8 years now and am almost afraid to go anywhere else in case they make a balls of it. Have never even got a mediocre cut off them - always get compliments after I've been in to them :)

Natural Cut have had great reviews for cutting curly hair. Maybe give them a shout www.thenaturalcut.ie

Hope this is helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if im home and need my hair cut i go to the barbers downstairs in the hair dressers in the gpo arcade. i cant remember the name of it now but the barber there is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I think the place in GPO arcade is called The Hair Shop.

My man gets his cut in Davey Davey on Drury St which is not cheap but he has curlyish hair and always gets a lovely cut in there.

I would second FensterDJs recommendation of The Waldorf Barbers on Westmoreland St, really classic style and great cuts in there. It's also very cool inside! Not too expensive either, I think it's 30something for a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Merchant barbers in temple bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tfak85 wrote: »

My man gets his cut in Davey Davey on Drury St which is not cheap but he has curlyish hair and always gets a lovely cut in there.

I would second FensterDJs recommendation of The Waldorf Barbers on Westmoreland St, really classic style and great cuts in there. It's also very cool inside! Not too expensive either, I think it's 30something for a cut.

ultimate hair and beauty. i made it my business to check the name today:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Grafton Barber gets my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

"Cut and Sew" in temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Toni and Guy, cost usually between €30- €50

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlanGa

wow guys, so many recommendations, Thanks so much, looks like im spoilt for choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Merchant Barbers in Temple Bar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Just Cuts on teh quays beside Ha'penny bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

tfak85 wrote: »

Second that, it's probably one of the more expensive haircuts but i've gotten, but defiantly the best, i've got medium length curly a hell hair and it took me forever to find a place that did a good job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 funkyskunk

I've tried a few of the above but have found Bedford Stuy at Central Bank Sq. to be the best. I always leave satisfied with the cut. Good prices and they offer a student discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

funkyskunk wrote: »
    I've tried a few of the above but have found Bedford Stuy at Central Bank Sq. to be the best. I always leave satisfied with the cut. Good prices and they offer a student discount.

Are they from Brooklyn? Strange but interesting name for a Dublin barbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

funkyskunk wrote: »

Have you tried the Merchant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

frankosw wrote: »
    Just Cuts on the quays beside Ha'penny bridge.

Completely disagree with the above. I went to them before, rude, unpleasant and didn't do what I'd ask them to do with my hair.

Try Boston belle in the Jervis, friendly , all qualified and low prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Completely disagree with the above. I went to them before, rude, unpleasant and didn't do what I'd ask them to do with my hair.

Try Boston belle in the Jervis, friendly , all qualified and low prices

Is Boston Belle not a female salon? I know they have BostonBarbers as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

MarkMc wrote: »
    Is Boston Belle not a female salon? I know they have BostonBarbers as well

No the one in the Jervis do both male and females

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlanGa

ok, well I have booked davey davey for tomorrow, I hope they do a good job, my hair is wild at the moment :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

FensterDJ wrote: »
    warldorf barbers, westmoreland street

Their good but very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 oneoneeight

I used to go to Trinity Barber, just off Dame St. It's pretty expensive though, for great prices I highly recommend U Posh Hair Studio in Dublin 8. Very handy parking too.

Advertisement