Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African Nations Tv

• 19-01-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

ITV4 and Eurosport seem to be showing every game.

ITV on Sky boxes

18:00(4pm) South Africa ? - ? Cape Verde
    21:00 (7pm) Angola ? - ? Morocco

free money = over 3.5 goals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ITV4 and Eurosport seem to be showing every game.

ITV on Sky boxes

18:00(4pm) South Africa ? - ? Cape Verde
    21:00 (7pm) Angola ? - ? Morocco

Ah the vuvuzelas are back. Good that SA are getting to use their stadiums again.

Verde are looking the better side in the first half hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cape Verde just nick all of Portugals players anyway, they're pretty decent.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well portugal nick their players too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

What a great result for Cape Verde.

• Advertisement

ollie1 wrote: »
    What a great result for Cape Verde.
    How ****te were SA though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dreamers75 wrote: »

^^ this is why im a billionaire living off my betting account.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

T'was a dire game tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It was ways going to go arseways after op guaranteed over 3.5 as free money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

adamski8 wrote: »
    Good that SA are getting to use their stadiums again.

The stadium yesterday was Kaizer Chiefs home stadium. It was simply called a different name during the world cup.

• Advertisement

The stadium yesterday was Kaizer Chiefs home stadium. It was simply called a different name during the world cup.
    I wasnt trying to imply that they were never used. I was actually saying its great their nice stadiums are getting a good use on an international stage. I doubt the chiefs are packing it to the rafters every week anyway!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

IvySlayer wrote: »

Ha! What an ignorant comment. So they play Portugese players of Cape Verdan descent. What fúcking cheaters they are. Nani was born in Cape Verde. Are Portugal nicking him for their team.

So Ireland nick British players like Ciaran Clark, Kieran Westwoord, etc.

I had a look at the Cape Verdean squad and five of their players were born overseas, four in Portugal and one in the Netherlands.

The Irish 2012 squad had eight players born overseas and that would have been nine had James McCarthy been available.

Who's doing the nicking now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cape Verde players have some awesome names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Such dire shooting, this is awful!

Ares wrote: »
    Ha! What an ignorant comment. So they play Portugese players of Cape Verdan descent. What fúcking cheaters they are. Nani was born in Cape Verde. Are Portugal nicking him for their team.

I had a look at the Cape Verdean squad and five of their players were born overseas, four in Portugal and one in the Netherlands.

The Irish 2012 squad had eight players born overseas and that would have been nine had James McCarthy been available.

France are the same playing players from the Carribbean and the Pacific who really should be playing for their home nations and if you look at Surinams footballers who dont play fo Surinam its shocking

http://www.thebesteleven.com/2008/06/suriname-born-players-who-dont-play-for.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thats awful from Gyan. Dear god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Absolutely shocking.

Great goal for Ghana!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Very good performance from the Congolese to claw their way back from 2 down.

FT looks like it will be 2-2

4KRAa.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Niger keeper is very dodgy in the air..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Just watching the Zambia vs. Ethiopia match and the pitch is absolutely terrible. The ball is bobbling all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Zambia match was comedy gold. In the first half, the Ethiopia 'keeper took down a Zambia player outside the box but stayed on the ground "injured" for a good 5 minutes. Zambia knowing that he was going to get sent off, tried to sub the player off before the ref could produce a red card. Ref produced the red as the 'keeper was then stretchered off. After play being stopped for 5 minutes, the fourth official put a board up with 3 minutes injury time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Burkino Faso scored an equalising goal in the last seconds of the game against Nigeria...great result for them

Another suspicious draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So Derry is overseas now is it? You should just stop, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its been very disappointing so far IMO, the pitches are terrible which isn't helping.

Hopefully we'll see a few goals in the Ivory Coast game.

So Derry is overseas now is it? You should just stop, seriously.

Technically it is yes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

France are the same playing players from the Carribbean and the Pacific who really should be playing for their home nations [/URL]
    Can you name a single player from either region who has recently played for France rather another FIFA member country?

Kolo Toure & Adeboyer both carring their domestic form into this competition, both rubbish.

Adeboyer really should of put Togo ahead there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Yaya Toure makes it 1-0 to ivory coast....Togo should be winning,Adebayor should have scored.

also has Zorkora got Maestro as his name on his shirt?

African teams don't believe in counter attacking at pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

1-1 now togo just scored. Standard in this is terrible.

Gervinho with a great finish there, looks like the Ivory Coast have it won now

No one has anything to say for the first 90 minutes of the Tunisia/Algeria match. A nil all draw surprise surprise. I want those 90 minutes back.

EDIT: Commentator's curse! What a goal! lol!

Can you name a single player from either region who has recently played for France rather another FIFA member country?

Off the top of my head Thuram is from Ghana (yes i know its not from either region but he isnt French). There have been a good few players from Guadeloupe who play for France but not for their home nation like Thuram. Guadeloupe is wierd in the sense that it is a member of the North and Central American Confederation but he chooses not to turn out in their tournaments.
    I suppose Karemembeu (Sp) is another?
    And that was the point of the poster first world nations take and third world nations lose and its the same in Football.

We even see it here in the LOI.

• Advertisement

Desailly, Vieira, Thuram, Mandanda, Evra, Yanga-Mbiwa, Rio Mavuba all off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Technically it is yes.
    Technically, what sea do you have to cross over to go to Derry ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Desailly, Vieira, Thuram, Mandanda, Evra, Yanga-Mbiwa, Rio Mavuba all off the top of my head.

These guys are mostly African in origin, which wasn't the question.

G.K. wrote: »
    These guys are mostly African in origin, which wasn't the question.

All of them were born in Africa or the Caribeen so would have had a passport.

They obviously then declined to play for that country and to play for France instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

All of them were born in Africa or the Caribeen so would have had a passport.

They obviously then declined to play for that country and to play for France instead.

The question was Caribeen or Pacific...

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    The question was Caribeen or Pacific...

Then that's fair enough, I thought the question reffered to African players.

lol the post just became dislodged!
    238141.jpg

Hahaha the ref is obviously a genius; the post broke 3/4 minutes before the end of the game. 4 minutes after the play resumed the 4th official signalled for 13 injury time minutes!

Who are the favourites to win?

I got Niger and Ghana in a thing with my friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Lol, so if there had been a delay of an hour the referee would have signalled 60 minutes added time? What a genius.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Some drama today.
    Each team in the group has been set to go through as the games have been going on. When it was 1-1 in each game, Cape Verde were actually set to go through by virtue of having less bookings than Morocco. Now, South Africa will go through as group winners with Cape Verde going through in second place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is hilarious, Ethiopia sprayed new numbers onto their keepers jersey after their first choice keeper getting sent off.

Was that a bad passes stat?

Advertisement