Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle Right

• 19-01-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone signed up for these guys yet? Does anyone know who they are and what they are like?
    Looking to change from Clean Ireland as they offer a bigger compost bin which I need.

http://recycleright.ie/webclient/

Any info appreciated.

bp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Just ran them through creditcheck.ie and they have the same address as Mr Binman????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

just looked at their site and its all well for the first 6 months but the price could very well go up and I thought that everybody had to pay by weight.

With clean Ireland at the moment and working out better, all depends if you put your waste bin out full every time your going to pay, good luck to them.

Yes these companies like pulling out the surprises after 6 months.
    Clean Ireland will only give us two 25L compost bins whereas we need a much larger bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

tip for clean ireland brown bins is just empty the caddy straight into the 25ltr and reuse the bags or just newspaper and you might get extra space, if you have not already done this.
    Those bags take up a lot of space when full, rarely use them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RecycleRight

Hi All,

I just saw this thread and I know that this is my first time on boards.ie, however I do not want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Although our address may appear the same as Mr Binman, we are 100% a different company, our registered address is in County Limerick and it just happens that it is in the same area as Mr Binman. We are currently moving into a new office in Eastway Business Park.

On the question of the second 6 months, our price is guaranteed for the year so there will be no surprises for the second 6 months.

On the question of pay by weight, to obtain a waste collection permit you must demonstrate that your system implements the "polluter pays" principle, meaning that you must either use "pay by weight" or "pay by lift". We use a "pay by lift" system in that in the 6 months we give 26 organic lifts, 13 general waste lifts and 13 recycling lifts, this is what you pay for if you sign up with us. How we meet the requirement is that if you do not use all of your general waste lifts in the 6 months we give you a €3 discount on your renewal for each general waste lift not used, meaning that people who produce less general waste pay less. Rather that showing a really cheap introduction price then charging you for add on's or weight we decided to go with the full price for the first 6 months allowing you to use the service as much as you would like and then give you a discount on your renewal if you did not use the full service.

I hope that this is of some help and if anyone has any questions just let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response, I will definitely be considering switching as we need a cheaper and better organic bin/service than the one Clean Ireland are offering.

sonyair wrote: »
    tip for clean ireland brown bins is just empty the caddy straight into the 25ltr and reuse the bags or just newspaper and you might get extra space, if you have not already done this.

We have dispensed with the caddy and bags a long time ago. Its not fun trying to squeeze everything into the small bins anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

sonyair wrote: »

Or stop wasting food. I counldnt believe the amount of food being wasted until we got the clean ireland small brown bin. Now the bin does a family of 5 adults for 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Any feedback on recycleright? They seem cheaper than clean ireland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

They are the family that used to run Mr Binman before they had their "troubles"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Limerick91 wrote: »
    They are the family that used to run Mr Binman before they had their "troubles"

Yeah its the son thats running it, my parents were going to go with them, but decided to stay with Clean Ireland. I chose Clean irl based on positive feedback from friends/neighbours. A lot cheaper than mr binman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Theyre €22/mth for large recycle bin, tall narrow compost bin and smaller sized general bin. Collect compost every week. Recycle/General Waste are collected on alternate weeks. Collected on Wed mornings early in CHM.
    They work out of Ballysimon Ind Est. No problems yet!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Changed from Clean IRL as they allow garden waste in the organic bin love the pre collection text as well so happy so far

Been using Recycle Right now for the past few months and very happy with them. Clean Ireland recently rang to offer 6 months for around €100 if we come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I must say I've been with all the waste management companies, but these guys are the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    I must say I've been with all the waste management companies, but these guys are the business.

+1
    We switch to Recycle Right few months ago and I must say they are the best.

Advertisement