Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the new A2 licence

Options
  • 19-01-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So ive been looking over the new rules regarding the A2 catagory. After spending hours trying to rap by brain around it I think I finally get it.

As a holder of an "A" LP how would I go about applying for my new "A2" LP. Is it a simple case of handing it into the tax office ? If so will I be issued with a temporary LP or would I better photocopying it just incase I got stopped while I was waiting on my new one.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

You will only get the new A2 once your current A lp is due for renewal and you apply for it the same way you would the old way.

In relation to being stopped, you should have the slip that shows you paid for the new licence and than you will get 10 days to produce the licence to a garda station you choose. You should have your new licence in that time.

Advertisement