Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning a Straight Guy - Every gay man's fantasy?

• 19-01-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi guys. I was inspired to start this thread after reading a thread about a guy who drunkenly came on to his straight best friend and seemingly turning that into a relationship. As a gay man i have often fantasied about this happening but i find it to be little more than fantasy. I think it's seen as the ultimate fantasy really. But outside of the internet and movies i've never heard of it actually happening. Does this happen in real life? Do any board members have any interesting storys to tell? It would interesting to see how often it happens.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭what the hell!

His straight best friend wasn't obviously straight. I've messed around with one of my friends before but he's always had a girlfriend. I don't know is there such a thing as 100% straight

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

One of my mates always pulls "straight" guys. He must have the mostly finely tuned gaydar, as he can always pick them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

It's a feeling I love so much when you manage to get off with a guy who only five minutes before we were shifting, says he is straight :D:rolleyes: You almost feel as though there should be special achievement awards given out for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    It's a feeling I love so much when you manage to get off with a guy who only five minutes before we were shifting, says he is straight :D:rolleyes: You almost feel as though there should be special achievement awards given out for it ;)

I don't really get this. No offence, but I think anybody who sees this as a turn is giving far too much credit to their so called sexual prowess, and are failing to understand what really happens when a so-called straight guy is "turned."

It's more often than not just a case of either taking advantage of poor guys insecurity or else being has crash test dummy for him to work out his issues on.

Neither appeals to me.

If he was really "straight" nothing you could do (bar money, rohpynol or else for the really sexually secure a very high stakes dare or bet) is gonna get him to sleep with you after all.

If anything, scoring a "straight guy" seems like more hassle than its worth.

You either have to deal with nerves, guilt and shame for the sexually confused types, or put up with the whole charade of "I'm a straight manly man and this doesn't make me a fag" from the guy lying to himself about his sexual identity.

Whatever about starting a relationship with them (I could accommodate the former type if there was enough of a connection, though it wouldnt be ny preffered relationship model and I wouldn't be waiting all that long for him to get himself sorted, but I wouldn't want anything to do with the latter I imagine), that's far too much effort and emotional baggage for a ONS.

So yea, give me a self assured, grounded gay man with his **** together any day over a so called straight guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Everyone's different, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Masteroid

I don't know is there such a thing as 100% straight

Well I can assure you that there is!

And this boy ain't for turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

I can understand that from the "straight" man's perspective. I'm outwardly straight & have little or no experience with guys, but would have very erotic fantasies about being seduced by a guy. I think, given the opportunity, and assuming it was going to be a discrete and safe encounter, I would find it very hard to turn down. It is something I have fantasised about since I was a adolescent, but I like girls too and the opportunity has never come about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm sure it's the same for everyone though, Male or Female. Turning a straight person gay and gay person straight. Look at Neil Patrick Harris, how many straight women would love to get their hands on him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I can only presume these men were already gay but not out or just curious.

But here's one for ya and I can't for the life of me get it unless the gay population is higher than we think it is.

What is it about a cell (prison) that "turns" a straight man gay ?

Why is it deemed to be acceptable that men "turn" gay in prison ?

Seriously. I really can't get a handle on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

I think it is probably because a lot more men are bi than not bi. So, when it comes to prison, and you have a long stretch in front of you, with many long lonely nights, I think it is entirely natural, maybe inevitable, that mans very strong sex drive kicks in.

A question that comes up periodically here is the spectrum from 100% straight to 100% gay. There's very few people at either end. And every person is different in the way that they are straight or gay. For example, I cant think of anything more of a turn off than hugging & kissing, but the physical sex acts are quite a turn on. So prisoners probably end up getting what they want, whether it be the intimacy or the physical thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

fangee wrote: »
    I can only presume these men were already gay but not out or just curious.

But here's one for ya and I can't for the life of me get it unless the gay population is higher than we think it is.

What is it about a cell (prison) that "turns" a straight man gay ?

Why is it deemed to be acceptable that men "turn" gay in prison ?

Seriously. I really can't get a handle on this one.

Humans need sexual interaction- it's a basic human drive. An all male or all female environment will necessitate sexual interaction with the same gender. It happens in female prisons too, and often in single sex boarding schools.

As far as I know, not having a huge knowledge specifically of prisons, but sex is power. Men might use the threat/actuality of sexual domination over another to assert their leadership within a particular social group. Much like the animal kingdom- we are not much more than apes in many ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I completely agree that we are not long out of the trees but I can't think of other examples where this "rule" tends to exist.

What other social situations are same sex people together but yet don't feel the need to gravitate towards same sex experiences.

It must be a power thing (although surely you would just use violence) or the simple fact that these guys are gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm not convinced its power. I think a lot of people have a tremendously strong sex drive, and others have a need for intimacy. Either of those things, when effectively placed in confined space and over a period of time, will shape the way people think, and alter them from their normal way of thinking. What previously might have been only attempted with the opposite sex will be more palatable now that what was available is not on offer.

If it were about power, you're talking more about domination & submission, and possibly rape. Most of the time, from what i can gather, its consensual stuff that goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I would imagine there is a lot of rape situations that happen that get completely covered up because of the stigma attached to msle rape

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭johnreck

the whole doing it with a "straight guy" thing is a complete turn off for me.
    feck it i wouldn't even be bothered doing it with a guy bi guy..
    sorry prefer my mento know and be comfortable with who they are.
    and do you really want to go down on a guy after hes been fishing???????
    i think not..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

johnreck wrote: »
    i think not..

Because bisexual men aren't comfortable with who they are? :confused:

OneArt wrote: »
    Because bisexual men aren't comfortable with who they are? :confused:

We've discussed this at length before on this forum

It was very ugly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056732322

So Johnreck just be aware that people get very angry at throwaway remarks like the above

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

i think not..

I'm bi and perfectly comfortable with my sexuality thanks very much, your sexuality doesn't intimidate me because of that comfort, clearly my sexuality intimidates you though, so maybe you should re-think exactly how comfortable you assume you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

i think not..

I think you'll find a good shower should sort any concerns you have about the sanitary condition of your average fisherman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Can you imagine if there was a thread in After Hours called "Turning a Lesbian - Every straight man's fantasy?"

There would be a crew from this board going mental about invalidating identities etc. But hey, when we are talking about straight people the rules are different...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Masteroid

...and do you really want to go down on a guy after hes been fishing???????

Nice. Fishing. What a lovely euphonism for straight sex.

And way to offend at least half the population of the world. (I think most of the gay community would find your remarks offensive.)

You come across as a misogynist.

Is that why you are gay?

Can you imagine if there was a thread in After Hours called "Turning a Lesbian - Every straight man's fantasy?"

There would be a crew from this board going mental about invalidating identities etc. But hey, when we are talking about straight people the rules are different...

Point taken.

Thread closed.

Thanks for the feedback - its better preferably if you report posts next time

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement