Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA and casual work

• 19-01-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm currently claiming JSA and there may be the possibility that my friend may be able to offer me one/two weeks casual work to cover staff holidays. The only snag is (that I can see) is that it would be on a freelance basis and I would invoice them for the work done rather than be employed directly.

From what I read I can sign off on for short terms and have my claim re-instated. Is it as simple as it seems? Do I just call up e.g. Thursday and tell them I'll be working from Monday to Friday the next week, then call on the Friday when I finish? What documents do they require? Would I need my friend to complete any forms etc? Would the freelance nature of the work complicate things?

I'd love to take the chance to do the work, but if it complicates my claim I'm not sure it would be worth it just for a week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You can ring the office and have your clsim suspended Temporary work for up to 8 weeks. You will need a letter confirming your work dates once you have finished. You should be put back into payment then straight away.
    If it is part time and you are self employed the claim would go to the SW Inspector for means decision you would then sign as fully unemployed but would have a means deduction each week with no requirement to sign off on days you work.

Advertisement