Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steyr pro hunter mk1 vs mk11

Options
  • 19-01-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I was chatting to a dealer earlier about a steyr mk1 he has i know the mk1 had problems with a flimsy fore end but this rifle has been stiffened so i'm wondering is there any other differences or flaws that had to be fixed for the mk11

Or opinions on the pro hunters from people who have used them, this particular model is a stainless 243

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

I had the mk 2 in 6.5x55. Loved it. Very smooth action and a very accurate rifle too.
    I heard the mk1's suffered from a flimsy forend and also some trouble feeding the rounds too. The mk2 was supposed to be better as they addressed the aforementioned issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

ormondprop wrote: »
    I was chatting to a dealer earlier about a steyr mk1 he has i know the mk1 had problems with a flimsy fore end but this rifle has been stiffened so i'm wondering is there any other differences or flaws that had to be fixed for the mk11

Or opinions on the pro hunters from people who have used them, this particular model is a stainless 243

I have the Mk 2 in 308 for a while now super accurate smooth rifle cannot fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

I have the Mk 2 in 308 for a while now super accurate smooth rifle cannot fault it

In the near future I hope to get the mk2 heavy barrel in 300 win mag. The steyr action is very smooth and I like the sbs system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cork shooter

I had the mk 1 prohunter in 243 some years back.I don't remember having any problems with it feeding but i do know of some problems with 223 cal failing to feed properly. The prohunter had a nice smooth action and is a light versatile rifle,the flimsy fore end being their only fault .Point of impact could move slightly if shooting off a bi-pod,but like all steyrs they are very accurate.
    i would say that if you like the feel of it and price is right to go for it.

Advertisement