Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

I have 2 FT's
    Thinking of Ba and Suarez to Giroud and Aguero. That would leave me with 0.8 in the bank and a starting front 7 of

Michu
    Bale
    Mata
    Walcott

Giroud
    Aguero
    RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Heitinga had a good game the weekend. He could reclaim a spot at the back which wouldn't require Neville to move to the RB position. This would allow Fellaini to play off the forward. Hopefully that's the case. 2 good fixtures ahead for him.

i agree heitenga may start and allow fellani to move back up top.However its a bit much to suggest he had a good game he was on the pitch less than 10 mins touched the ball 3 or 4 times granted one of those touches ended in the back of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Suarez + Lampard or Sturidge + Mata??

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm thinking of Mata/Azpilicueta for Walcott/Luiz.

It'll cost me four points but with Luiz a doubt I need a defender that will play and Chelsea have three fixtures coming that they "shouldn't" concede too heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

I need help sorting my defence.

Bego

Zaba-Sagna-Davies (demel, mariappa)

in the bank 0.3

I was thinking Sagna to Cameron for this week and gw 25 Bego-> De Gea. Is this madness or should I just save my FT?

OR

Gw 24 Ruiz -> Anichebe and Gw 25 Sagna-> Rafael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Fantastic, just realised that Stoke play tonight at 7:45pm. You would assume the teams will be announced before this, and we have until 7:30pm to make any changes, so I'll be able to see if Cameron starts before doing anything. If he starts then I might leave things as is:

2nqtxfb.jpg

Already made 2 transfers this week to get Fellaini in, anything else will be a 4 point hit. If Cameron doesn't start though I'll be forced into a change, most likely bringing in Clichy/Nastasic (based on who starts tonight) for him. I'm wary of getting rid of Cameron though, I can see Stoke tightening back up again and a home tie against Wigan is a perfect time to get a CS.

As for Luiz, I'm debating the merits of changing him at a 4 point hit, even if Cameron plays. I could bring in Zabaleta who has a good chance of a CS against QPR tonight. If Luiz doesn't start (as expected) I'll have Harte or Demel coming in, which is a likely 1 or 2 pointer, so a clean sheet from Zab would instantly recoup this. I hate taking points hits and the one time this season I've done it I was bitten, but this could be the right scenario. If both Luiz and Cameron are both out I've no choice.

Will likely be a 7:29pm decision...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm still not sure how to use my transfer this week, if anyone has any information on Luiz could they post it up, haven't time to be trawling the net. I'm leaning towards bringing Bale back in for Walcott which was always my intention but if Luiz was likely to miss the next two then I'd have to rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Have 2 FT's, going to go for Aguero and Demel in for Suarez and O'Brien. Will decide when the team news is out.

Taking a gamble on Suarez not doing well for the next 3 weeks, Arsenal(A), City(A), West Brom(H) then no game in GW27.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Good news, I smell a Stoke CS coming...

Still undecided about Luiz though. City have three tough fixtures coming up whereas Chelsea's only tough game in their next 10 is City, I would expect a number of Chelsea clean sheets coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

http://fplstrategist.com/2013/01/29/122/

In case yez are interested, here's my quick predictions for the gw. These dirtsheets are designed to be quick and to the point. I accept no responsibility for any sh!tty predictions, but expect rapturous applause and generous gifts when I get something right...

roryc wrote: »
    Good news, I smell a Stoke CS coming...

Still undecided about Luiz though. City have three tough fixtures coming up whereas Chelsea's only tough game in their next 10 is City, I would expect a number of Chelsea clean sheets coming up.

You're upbeat today!!! No pending doom regarding a Gomez hattrick?

All jokes aside, am mulling over a move for Cameron now.

FutureGuy wrote: »

'Things can only get better' and all that jazz. I wouldn't be going for a Stoke defender yet, despite Wigan being rubbish even Pulis has said they are Stoke's bogey team. This coupled with the fact they've conceded 13 goals in their last 4 games, the worst record in PL - worse than Newcastle even when you include the 7-3 against Arsenal. OK they looked better against City in the cup and that was without Begovic and Cameron, but they're by no means back to form. Arsenal away next week too.

If Stoke keep a CS tonight I'll probably look to get rid of Gibbs ahead of Cameron as he has been woeful, but at the moment the only defender in my team that's definitely staying is Harte.

Im also considering a cameron move. My only fear is Wigan basically rested their starting eleven at the weekend whereas stoke picked a strong team and had a tough game against City. Wigan really need the points so dont think its as clear cut as some may think. Having said that theres not too many goals in that wigan team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fantastic, just realised that Stoke play tonight at 7:45pm. You would assume the teams will be announced before this, and we have until 7:30pm to make any changes, so I'll be able to see if Cameron starts before doing anything. If he starts then I might leave things as is:

Already made 2 transfers this week to get Fellaini in, anything else will be a 4 point hit. If Cameron doesn't start though I'll be forced into a change, most likely bringing in Clichy/Nastasic (based on who starts tonight) for him. I'm wary of getting rid of Cameron though, I can see Stoke tightening back up again and a home tie against Wigan is a perfect time to get a CS.

As for Luiz, I'm debating the merits of changing him at a 4 point hit, even if Cameron plays. I could bring in Zabaleta who has a good chance of a CS against QPR tonight. If Luiz doesn't start (as expected) I'll have Harte or Demel coming in, which is a likely 1 or 2 pointer, so a clean sheet from Zab would instantly recoup this. I hate taking points hits and the one time this season I've done it I was bitten, but this could be the right scenario. If both Luiz and Cameron are both out I've no choice.

Will likely be a 7:29pm decision...
    I shall be taking advantage of the late deadline myself too.

Given I will be playing my wildcard later on tonight, I will bring in Kolarov should he start tonight. I'm hoping Nastasic doesn't make it forcing City to go with 3 at the back and Kolarov on the wing. Can transfer him out later than night then.

Hope Rafa gives a bit more info on whether Luiz will make tomorrows game in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Could be a bit of a domestic in chez Swiper later on, I'm usually busy between 7 and 8 putting the kids to bed but I'll need to have an eye on the laptop to see if anything interesting comes out of the team selections, if there was definitive news on Luiz I could probably take care of my business a bit earlier, kind of dreading this gameweek, think there's a good chance I'll be dumped out of both cup competitions, I've convinced myself that Bale is going to run riot at Norwich and I don't think I'll have him, if I do I'm sure Walcott will score against Liverpool, my team has good fixtures but I'm not confident for some reason.

And there's the confirmation I was waiting on. Czech and Luiz out of tomorrows game.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/296244934644748288

My move will be Luiz to Kolarov if he plays and to Evra if he doesn't.

I don't think Evra's worth £7.2m, if I end up picking a United defender it'll be Rafael for £6m. I think he's ok to keep his place.

Debating whether to even get rid of Luiz at all, it's a 4 point hit and I think I want to hold on to him. Might just play Harte and hope he can bag some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

I don't think Evra's worth £7.2m, if I end up picking a United defender it'll be Rafael for £6m. I think he's ok to keep his place.

Debating whether to even get rid of Luiz at all, it's a 4 point hit and I think I want to hold on to him. Might just play Harte and hope he can bag some points.

Luiz going to drop in price so that has done it for me, Kolarov in at 6m so 0.6m to spend upgrading my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I will announce my transfer at 7.31 when prying eyes from my private league won't gain an advantage from learning it.

I will also be playing my wildcard at that time.

I'll keep an eye on Aguero but I'd prefer not to transfer out Suarez which I'd have to do to get Aguero.

Having both means I wouldn't be able to improve my defence.

• Advertisement

I will be using my wildcard at 7.30 so it's for this game week only.

Basically, apart from Baines, who is the likeliest highest scoring defender this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Help Please !!

out of Walcott, Bale and Mata.........which two would people go for ???

other relevant info :
    i have podolski and gibbs
    i have azpceusleeghwekrh whats his face, the chelsea defender
    no other spuds players

miller82 wrote: »
    Help Please !!

out of Walcott, Bale and Mata.........which two would people go for ???

other relevant info :
    i have podolski and gibbs
    i have azpceusleeghwekrh whats his face, the chelsea defender
    no other spuds players
    bale and mata in that case

Feck it, saving transfer.

Mignolet
    Zabaleta - Davies - Demel
    Walcott - Bale - Michu - Mata
    Ba - RVP (C) - Sturridge

Steven81 wrote: »
    Luiz going to drop in price so that has done it for me, Kolarov in at 6m so 0.6m to spend upgrading my team

What price did you buy him for? If it was £6.6 I wouldn't worry about cash, it won't affect you.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Basically, apart from Baines, who is the likeliest highest scoring defender this week.

Ivanovic I guess. Zabaleta should also play. If it's one week only a punt on anyone is worth it, but long term I don't think Evra is worth £1.2m more than Rafael. He has over performed this season, despite being played further up. Look at each of his goals, 3 of them scream of 'right place right time'.
    Feck it, saving transfer.

Mignolet
    Zabaleta - Davies - Demel
    Walcott - Bale - Michu - Mata
    Ba - RVP (C) - Sturridge

I'd play Harte over Demel tbh, I have the same pairing. I don't think either will keep clean sheets but Demel has no chance of scoring or assisting, Harte does.

I'm more surprised at you not making a transfer, you usually make 3 per week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Right im really unsure of what to do with my transfer this week...

Heres my team right now:

captureyg.jpg

My idea was to change Jussi for de Gea but i still feel Utd are fairly leaky at the back! I could always upgrade Demel for a better defender i guess but he is cheap and serves a purpose i just think doubling up on West Ham defense is killing me as they aren't as tight at the back as they were at the beginning of the season!

All opinions welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No idea what to do. Haven't looked at my team since the last game. Probably missed out on a load of price rises.

Thinking of getting in Fellaini and Pog in for Guthrie and Ba. Ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

No idea what to do. Haven't looked at my team since the last game. Probably missed out on a load of price rises.

Thinking of getting in Fellaini and Pog in for Guthrie and Ba. Ok?

You could consider Anichebe instead of Pog. Seems likely to get a start this week. Same price.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    And there's the confirmation I was waiting on. Czech and Luiz out of tomorrows game.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/296244934644748288

My move will be Luiz to Kolarov if he plays and to Evra if he doesn't.
    Its not often Im pleased when one of my players is injured in this case I am. With chelseas fixtures I would have found it very hard to take out luiz. Now Im forced to. Next problem who to get in.
    Option 1 cameron which will leave me the money to upgrade fellani to silva
    Option 2 Zabelata leaves me the money to improve my defence further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should i be using my 2 free transfers tonight to give me as strong a team as possible for this weeks fixtures as next week is the last week to use the jan wildcard?

Advertisement