Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »
    Why not get Henriquez of Wigan for 4.5 who should get plenty of games for Wigan,this is assuming 3-5-2 is your formation of choice,this move gives you more money in the bank.

Henriquez is 0.2 more than Pog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    Henriquez is 0.2 more than Pog

Facepalm...:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah I think I'll have to go for it, like you say it takes the hassle of picking my front 8 out of the equation. I have history with Everton players though, would not surprise me in the slightest if he got banned/injured immediately. Has already happened a number of times this season! Hopefully he has a cracking game tonight but scores 2 or 3.

Who do you rate higher between Clichy and Nastasic? Neither is guaranteed a game.

I think Nastasic is pretty much seen as a first choice CB at this stage. He might miss the very odd game but I think he is slightly more secure than Clichy. But Clichy is more of an attacking threat but has competition for his place. Out of those two, I'd choose Nastasic, but it's almost a coinflip.

For me, Zab is the best pick of the City back line. He bleeds for the club, puts his body on the line at both ends of the field and is clearly favored by Mancini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Bale + Ba + Cahill OUT

Fellaini + Aguero + Clichy IN

4 point hit

Leaves me with the following

Bego (Bunn)

Gibbs / Clichy / Davies (Harte / Demal)

Walcott / Fellaini / Michu / Mata (Marveaux)

Aguero / Suarez / RVP

0.5m in the bank. Someone please tell me I'm doing the right thing!! Dropping Bale worries me but he has hardly ever scored more that 3 points for me this season!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think Nastasic is pretty much seen as a first choice CB at this stage. He might miss the very odd game but I think he is slightly more secure than Clichy. But Clichy is more of an attacking threat but has competition for his place. Out of those two, I'd choose Nastasic, but it's almost a coinflip.

For me, Zab is the best pick of the City back line. He bleeds for the club, puts his body on the line at both ends of the field and is clearly favored by Mancini.

God knows I've been doing well with coinflips this season! I was leaning towards Clichy but you seem to have the midas touch so might go with Nas. Won't be until next week anyway.

Agreed on Zab but can't afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm thinking...

Ba
    > Pog
    Marveaux
    > Silva

opinions?

my front 8 before any transfers are...

Fellaini, Walcott, Michu, Mata, Marveaux, RVP, Suarez, Ba.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm thinking...

Ba
    > Pog
    Marveaux
    > Silva

opinions?

my front 8 before any transfers are...

Fellaini, Walcott, Michu, Mata, Marveaux, RVP, Suarez, Ba.
    would you consider sturridge and aguero for suarez and ba.

i would.

do you think there's a significant advantage in that one though?

i think Pog is more likely to reward me with points than Marveaux. also Suarez is less of a rotation risk with European competition coming back than Ba. also, with no European competition, and 4 strikers to keep happy, Aguero might still annoy me by being dropped.

i see Silva as less of a risk.

it's tricky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ba & Puncheon out ---- Le Fondre & Bale in.

Leaves my front 8

Michu, Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Fellani

--- RVP ---- Dzeko -- Le Fondre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

mentioned it about the capital one cup a couple of weeks back the finals feb 24 gw 27. Depending on the finalists games that could be called off are
    Liverpool Swansea
    City Chelsea
    Villa Arsenal.
    Semi final 2nd legs are Tues Wed this week so hold off till then before making transfers as a lot of teams could be in serious trouble come GW27 depending on the finalists. Best case scenario is Bradford getting through as obviously Villa Arsenal then goes ahead. One of the other two games will definetly be off looking like Swansea Liverpool as things stand.

just a reminder about this to anyone who missed it earlier in the thread, might want to hold off on any liverpool players in until after wednesday, if swansea do reach the final sturridge or gerrards next 4 gameweek's are

Arsenal (a)
    City (a)
    West Brom (h)
    No Game.

and probably more worrying is that if chelsea turn it around the city v chelsea game will be off in GW 27 and i think most of us have at least 3 players in total from those clubs.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i would.

do you think there's a significant advantage in that one though?

i think Pog is more likely to reward me with points than Marveaux. also Suarez is less of a rotation risk with European competition coming back than Ba. also, with no European competition, and 4 strikers to keep happy, Aguero might still annoy me by being dropped.

i see Silva as less of a risk.

it's tricky though.
    With stuuridge he made a few CL appearances for Chelsea so I assume he is cup tied for Liverpool in the europa league it makes him a nailed on starter for league games I feel. Aguero is citys No 1 striker will start 80-90% of their games granted there may be the odd week u will be frustrated. If you think back to last years run in for the title by city mancini started aguero in every game. and before his injury he started 11 out of 12 for city.
    Both options 1 suarez silva pog
    2 sturridge aguero marveaux
    are good and getting city attacking coverage is essential I feel. Its a toss up really what will bring you more points option 2 is probably a bit cheaper though so that swings it for me.

Its a toss up really what will bring you more points option 2 is probably a bit cheaper though so that swings it for me.

and that's what might swing it for me. thanks.

it possibly gives me the option of getting Bale in soon after if I need to.

it's one to mull over.

Silva isn't shooting up, neither is Aguero but Pog is due a price rise soon. also, Ba isn't dropping yet. as long as there are no other movements, I can make a decision in a few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anybody else thinking about Julio Cesar?
    QPRs defence has picked up over the last few weeks but losing Ryan Nelson might impact on that, he is only 4.7 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Melion wrote: »
    Anybody else thinking about Julio Cesar?
    QPRs defence has picked up over the last few weeks but losing Ryan Nelson might impact on that, he is only 4.7 atm.

Where's Ryan Nelson going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

I don't know where the idea comes from that Nastasic isn't a nailed on starter. For me, barring the odd rest, he is.

In the last 15 gameweeks, he has only missed playing 90 minutes in three games. The two games he missed featuring at all in were when City had 3 PL games in a week.

He missed a game on the 1st of December when City had played on Sunday 25th November and Wednesday 28th November.
    He missed a game on the 1st of January when City had played on Wednesday 26th December and Saturday 29th December.

Another gameweek he only played 55 minutes. I'm not sure why. He may have picked up a knock. Other than that week though, he either features or he doesn't so there appears to be no chance of 2 minute cameos at the end of a game. It would be rare for a central defender to come on at the end of a match anyway.

That's as good a record for me as you are going to get for a 5.6 million defender at a top four, or top two club. Add to that the fact that he picked up 2 bonus at the weekend and he's a bargain for me. Mancini doesn't like Lescott and there were rumours not so long ago he'd move on in January. Nastastic is only 19 and City paid 15 million plus Stefan Savic so there's no doubting Mancini sees him as Kompany's long term defensive partner.

• Advertisement

To manage some MLS team, thinks its Vancouver or Toronto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Got a job managing in the MLS with a canadian team. Not sure when he is leaving though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't know where the idea comes from that Nastasic isn't a nailed on starter. For me, barring the odd rest, he is.

In the last 15 gameweeks, he has only missed playing 90 minutes in three games. The two games he missed featuring at all in were when City had 3 PL games in a week.

He missed a game on the 1st of December when City had played on Sunday 25th November and Wednesday 28th November.
    He missed a game on the 1st of January when City had played on Wednesday 26th December and Saturday 29th December.

Another gameweek he only played 55 minutes. I'm not sure why. He may have picked up a knock. Other than that week though, he either features or he doesn't so there appears to be no chance of 2 minute cameos at the end of a game. It would be rare for a central defender to come on at the end of a match anyway.

That's as good a record for me as you are going to get for a 5.6 million defender at a top four, or top two club. Add to that the fact that he picked up 2 bonus at the weekend and he's a bargain for me. Mancini doesn't like Lescott and there were rumours not so long ago he'd move on in January. Nastastic is only 19 and City paid 15 million plus Stefan Savic so there's no doubting Mancini sees him as Kompany's long term defensive partner.

What about Clichy instead? Same price as Nastasic and gets forward (sometimes) which the latter doesnt.

What about Clichy instead? Same price as Nastasic and gets forward (sometimes) which the latter doesnt.

I haven't looked into his stats but I would of thought he is in danger of rotation with Kolarov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Without looking at his stats, I think he's started the last 4 or 5 games. But over the season as a whole, he seems to be very hit or miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone here taking a punt on Craig Gardner? Thinking about getting him in for a few weeks instead of Kacaniklic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Anyone here taking a punt on Craig Gardner? Thinking about getting him in for a few weeks instead of Kacaniklic

He's playing right back for Sunderland so unless they get loads of penalties then I wouldn't really go for him. Might be a handy 5th choice if he was actually playing in midfield as he has a good shot but no I wouldn't say it'd be a great move.

I'd go for Marveaux if you're looking for a cheap player, have him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

He's playing right back for Sunderland so unless they get loads of penalties then I wouldn't really go for him. Might be a handy 5th choice if he was actually playing in midfield as he has a good shot but no I wouldn't say it'd be a great move.

I'd go for Marveaux if you're looking for a cheap player, have him myself.

Didnt think of him,cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bale or Felliani from Cazorla ?

If i go Fell i can improve Ba to Aguero, leaving me RVP/Suarez/Aguero as a front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bale or Felliani from Cazorla ?

If i go Fell i can improve Ba to Aguero, leaving me RVP/Suarez/Aguero as a front 3.

Go with Fellani, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Maybe Walcott back to Bale. Went Bale to Walcott last week as I thought United would do a decent job on Bale and double GW for Theo.

Kinda want both in my team though tbh!

What's the opinion on De Guzman (SWA) 5.7M,good showing last game, sweet free kick along with smart finish for second goal,near a price rise tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Invincible wrote: »
    What's the opinion on De Guzman (SWA) 5.7M,good showing last game, sweet free kick along with smart finish for second goal,near a price rise tonight.

I'm seriously considering him. Dare I say it but Michu's goals may start drying up which will result in the need for more goals being spread around. He'd be a leading contender to help fill the quota.

Will wait til I wildcard next week even if he does go up in price today/tomorrow.

Transfers made. On paper this team looks set for a big week, chances of that actually happening are slim though.

£1m in the bank to improve my defence next week, probably Cameron -> Clichy

1g0ppg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

hmmm, is Suarez to Aguero really such a good move?

• Advertisement

Transfers made. On paper this team looks set for a big week, chances of that actually happening are slim though.

1g0ppg.jpg

What did you do Roryc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva and Pog or Fellaini and Lambert? Want City cover so the first option would leave me with a front 7 of Walcott, Bale, Mata, Michu, Silva, VP and Sturridge which I would play ever week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Silva and Pog or Fellaini and Lambert? Want City cover so the first option would leave me with a front 7 of Walcott, Bale, Mata, Michu, Silva, VP and Sturridge which I would play ever week.

Can you afford Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Sounded like Anichebe impressed after coming on tonight. With Jelavic really struggling I'm considering drafting him in for the next couple of weeks (West Brom H, Aston Villa H), and maybe retaining him as my 8th forward/mid.

4.3M

I prefer 3-5-2 as a general rule and had an underemployed Pog on bench duties for the first half of the year.

I've 2 free transfers and no pressing concerns, bar the weekly frustration of Suarez staying on his hot streak.

Either way, with a virtually full set of Premiership teams playing in the FA cup this weekend, there's a lot that could happen between now and next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Without looking at his stats, I think he's started the last 4 or 5 games. But over the season as a whole, he seems to be very hit or miss.

Clichy has 1 point more than Nastasic, has played ~110 minutes more (90 of which before Sept 15th) and has started the exact same number of games since September 15th when Nastasic first featured. Clichy has 2 assists and 4 bonus points versus 0 assists and 3 bonus points. He has also conceeded 3 more goals than Nastasic since September 15th. From that, I take it that Clichy tends to see a game out and conceeds an inevitable goal which costs him a few points but overall he seems better equipped for a return outside of just appearance and possible clean sheet points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

1g0ppg.jpg
    You and your "on paper".

We've basically got the same team again.

Except I have Davies instead of Cameron, Cazorla instead of Walcott and that's about it.

I also have a wildcard but feck all cash cause I never did the obvious Cazorla to Walcott move 5/6 gameweeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I only see myself making minor changes this week, try sign myself a clean sheet or something. Alternatively I might make none at all to have 2 for the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jebforever wrote: »
    Can you afford Aguero?

I could afford him over the next couple of weeks. This is team at the minute. Will be looking to get Wilshere out after the DGW but not sure who to bring in.

Screenshot_2013-01-22-00-11-54_zps0b4686c8.png

I dont know whether to get rid of Ba or Suarez. Ba may be rotated but Suarez has tough games coming up and Sturridge is going to take some points from him. Going to go 3 - 5 -2

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    What did you do Roryc ?

Ba + Marveaux OUT, Fellaini + Pog IN

S.M.B. wrote: »
    You and your "on paper".

We've basically got the same team again.

Except I have Davies instead of Cameron, Cazorla instead of Walcott and that's about it. (And Bunn instead of Federici, Sagna instead of Gibbs, O'Brien instead of Demel, Shorey instead of Harte)

I also have a wildcard but feck all cash cause I never did the obvious Cazorla to Walcott move 5/6 gameweeks ago!

Fixed a bit above, but yeah similar enough. I see you have Davies coming in for Luiz. One of these days that'll happen to me! Not holding my breath though.

It's not difficult that a lot of teams are similar, this has already been discussed a lot here. That front line is the top 7 at the moment (whether they will perform as such is another question altogether). Davies is a player I would like to have, but fall slightly short as I inexplicably decided at the last minute not to bring him in when I used my WC.

I'll probably trade Cameron (4.7) in for Clichy (5.6) next week depending on how both play. Looking at having a gamble and doubling up on Stoke defenders - hopefully they don't continue conceding 3 goals a game when they face Wigan. It'll leave me 0.1 in the bank to try and do something with Demel. Would much prefer Davies in that spot but no chance of that unfortunately.

As for your cash issue, the £1m between our teams should make the difference, but the 99 point gap makes a bigger difference...

Just shifted Harte to get Davies,boring transfer.

Going to sit on my Ba/Suarez/Auguero dilemma for another week as i fear a Ba riot v Reading more than an Auguero riot v QPR....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ba + Marveaux OUT, Fellaini + Pog IN
    Fixed a bit above, but yeah similar enough. I see you have Davies coming in for Luiz. One of these days that'll happen to me! Not holding my breath though.

It's not difficult that a lot of teams are similar, this has already been discussed a lot here. That front line is the top 7 at the moment (whether they will perform as such is another question altogether). Davies is a player I would like to have, but fall slightly short as I inexplicably decided at the last minute not to bring him in when I used my WC.

I'll probably trade Cameron (4.7) in for Clichy (5.6) next week depending on how both play. Looking at having a gamble and doubling up on Stoke defenders - hopefully they don't continue conceding 3 goals a game when they face Wigan. It'll leave me 0.1 in the bank to try and do something with Demel. Would much prefer Davies in that spot but no chance of that unfortunately.

As for your cash issue, the £1m between our teams should make the difference, but the 99 point gap makes a bigger difference...
    Yeah, I got lazy during my post and didn't bother posting all our differences but you get the picture.

Davies coming in with 10 points is a nice bonus. It doesn't happen to me all too often so I'll gladly take it this time. I have him since the Taylor injury so I'm glad it's paying off a little now.

Think I've done with Walcott, what you did with Fellaini earlier in the season. It's something I'd like to cut out of my game. That stubbornness when it comes to certain players. Everyone should be taken at face value on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I currently have Ba/Suarez/RVP
    Personally i think RVP & Suarez are must haves.

But Ba is wrecking my head. If Rafa wasnt the gaffer i think Ba would be a good thing to play most weeks, but he does like to rotate and also has a close relationship with Torres.

Saying that, Torres has been so bad lately that even Rafa must concede that Ba is now first choice. The next game week or two will tell a lot.

Im looking at Ba to Aguero if he doesnt start the next 2 gameweeks.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I currently have Ba/Suarez/RVP
    Personally i think RVP & Suarez are must haves.

But Ba is wrecking my head. If Rafa wasnt the gaffer i think Ba would be a good thing to play most weeks, but he does like to rotate and also has a close relationship with Torres.

Saying that, Torres has been so bad lately that even Rafa must concede that Ba is now first choice. The next game week or two will tell a lot.

Im looking at Ba to Aguero if he doesnt start the next 2 gameweeks.

Much the same dilemma here,once Auguero doesn't rise too much i can wait till next week.

Suarez to Auguero and Ba to Sturridge should also be considered,money wise a good set of moves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The probelm with owning Ba is that we have just suffered rotation and therefore we EXPECT him to start the next match (AWAY TO READING) so it's a major risk to get rid of him this week. I plan on getting rid of him after next week though. The only problem with this plan is that Ba is the only player I can sell in my team to raise funds for Fellaini.

Fellaini really hasn't done much since he returned but he could explode in his next two fixtures. Unfortunately, both Everton and Chelsea games are on the Wednesday night - it would have been great to be able to see the teams on Tuesday evening. I really miss Ancellotti! Chelsea team announced on the day before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two FTs, contemplating using one or both of them. Would appreciate thoughts on the following:

1) Bale and Berbatov OUT, Silva and Fletcher IN (leaving me 0.5 in bank).

2) Bale and Berbatov OUT, Silva and Sturridge IN (leaving 0 in the bank).

I'm completely fed up of Berbatov, and contemplating the straight swap to Fletcher. I can't do a straight swap with Sturridge though - I'd have to do Bale to Silva to free up funds. Bale is one of those players that I hate not having when he's playing, but his inconsistency drives me nuts. Silva is just starting to hit some form, and I've currently no City coverage. Another consideration is that I have Suarez, so would potentially be doubling up on Liverpool forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yeah don't like Berbatov at all. Moody fecker, strolls around hoping everyone else does the donkey work for him. Throws his hands in the air, berates team-mates. Petulant idiot IMO.

And against City he was far too deep to do anything,

Looking for a bit of advice lads Im really happy with my attacking front 7(only issue is fellani playing a bit deeper last night).
    My keepers and defence is the problem
    Currently have Szecsney Federici
    Luiz williamson Demel Turner Clyne
    Im happy with demel turner and Clyne(hes turning into a bit of a cult hero) so could anyone give me advice on 2 keepers and 2 Defenders I have 21.1 to spend.

Looking for a bit of advice lads Im really happy with my attacking front 7(only issue is fellani playing a bit deeper last night).
    My keepers and defence is the problem
    Currently have Szecsney Federici
    Luiz williamson Demel Turner Clyne
    Im happy with demel turner and Clyne(hes turning into a bit of a cult hero) so could anyone give me advice on 2 keepers and 2 Defenders I have 21.1 to spend.

Luiz to Zab if confirmed fit and Williamson to Davies maybe,cost 9.3

Keepers are a different ball game,some fancy De Gea at 5.5,good value at that price as Utd's defence seems to be closing up a bit now.
    De Gea and Frederici is a half decent combo

dahat wrote: »
    Luiz to Zab if confirmed fit and Williamson to Davies maybe,cost 9.3

Keepers are a different ball game,some fancy De Gea at 5.5,good value at that price as Utd's defence seems to be closing up a bit now.
    De Gea and Frederici is a half decent combo
    Ye i really like zab best rb in the league. Not entirely sold on de gea had a great game on sunday but then was probably at fault for the goal although at 5.5 your right he is great value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement