Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ye i really like zab best rb in the league. Not entirely sold on de gea had a great game on sunday but then was probably at fault for the goal although at 5.5 your right he is great value.

Not sold on De Gea as a FF prospect myself but he is cheaper than Begovic and Stoke have gone all Pete Tong lately.....
    It is hard to see good value in keepers just now,have Mignolet and Bunn myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Not sold on De Gea as a FF prospect myself but he is cheaper than Begovic and Stoke have gone all Pete Tong lately.....
    It is hard to see good value in keepers just now,have Mignolet and Bunn myself.
    Ye i got rid of beg in the wildcard altho stoke have some great fixtures coming up I may have to try fit cameron in.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

I want to get Bale in this week instead of Santi
    Have heard that Bale due to drop in price soon.
    Anyone know if this is likely to happen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

will1977 wrote: »
    I want to get Bale in this week instead of Santi
    Have heard that Bale due to drop in price soon.
    Anyone know if this is likely to happen ?

He's at 92% towards a drop, needs 2108 teams to transfer out at moment to cause drop by .1m .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

POSTED IN WONG THREAD EARLIER...

I was planning on going 3-5-2 but Sturridge to Liverpool has really screwed up this plan again. I think he will provide a superb alternative to Suarez which frees up alot of money.

I'm seriously considering making no transfer this week...

I was planning on going 3-5-2 but Sturridge to Liverpool has really screwed up this plan again. I think he will provide a superb alternative to Suarez which frees up alot of money.

fpl24_zpsb4a26190.png

...and then bringing in Aguero next week for Ba plus keep the other free transfer rolling each week until needed. That means I have United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Swansea covered in my front 7.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I'm tempted by trading out Suarez and Pog for Sturridge and Fletcher for a 4 point hit, anyone any opinions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm tempted by trading out Suarez and Pog for Sturridge and Fletcher for a 4 point hit, anyone any opinions?

Completely dependant on whether you currently have a cheap 5th midfielder or not. I never like having 8 players up top that I have to pick 7 from each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Completely dependant on whether you currently have a cheap 5th midfielder or not. I never like having 8 players up top that I have to pick 7 from each week.

Well I have
    Mata - Walcott - Michu - Bale - Puncheon
    RVP - Suarez - Pogrebnyak

As my front 8 at the minute, So I could bench Puncheon if I made the swap for Sturridge and Fletcher.

POSTED IN WONG THREAD EARLIER...

...and then bringing in Aguero next week for Ba plus keep the other free transfer rolling each week until needed. That means I have United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Swansea covered in my front 7.

Opinions?
    responded to that in the wildcard section as I said Ill have more or less the same front 8. My defence Im not happy with any suggestions posted the info couple of pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I have 2 FT's.

Berb -> Fletcher worth doing? Both have ok fixtures coming up, but Fletcher is in better form, as well as the team behind him.

The rest of my MF and FW line is solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Opinions?

I really don't understand why people feel the need to have each team 'covered'. Think about it, what does this actually mean.

Pick each player on his merits and upcoming fixtures. I have no City players because I think there are better players on offer, simple as that. If they hammer a team then I might get bitten, but having Silva etc is no guarantee that you will get points if City hammer a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Looking to bring in a defender at around the 4.0 mark. Have about 5.0 to spend but dont see much value.

Who would be the best option?

Already have Demel and Davies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Looking to bring in a defender at around the 4.0 mark. Have about 5.0 to spend but dont see much value.

Who would be the best option?

Already have Demel and Davies.

Clyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

roryc wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people feel the need to have each team 'covered'. Think about it, what does this actually mean.

Pick each player on his merits and upcoming fixtures. I have no City players because I think there are better players on offer, simple as that. If they hammer a team then I might get bitten, but having Silva etc is no guarantee that you will get points if City hammer a team.

Agree with it. FF is more about picking up right individuals at right time and of course getting rid of them when their time is up.
    Big five for midfield, for example, is about players, it is not about big teams.
    Who cares when team scores big, if your player finished up with 2 points, everyone just choose one who is likely to deliver on more less constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have the same midfield as yourself,no City or Liverpool players but I'm doing ok without them.People criticised my having a midfield of star players with cries of "where's the cheap option you'll never play"? I have a cheap defence as no team is exactly solid at the back so no point having 6-7million worth of a player if he gets an average of 2 points most weeks-I ditched Shawcross because of this.Luiz (my most expensive defender) is gone to fund my transfer in of Bale.
    It'll be a 3-5-2 formation next gw for me,the first time this season I've deviated from the reliable 3-4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Am planning Baines for next two home games. After two scoreless draws I expect Everton to be far more attacking. I know everton are far from clinical so I will be shipping him out after.

Worth a punt?

my thinking on it is in mata fellani walcott bale aguero rvp sturridge i have the 7 most likely players to get attacking returns from the best 7 teams in the league (couldnt afford suarez but think its a toss up between him and sturridge between end of season). I know its not an exact science but you would imagine the best 7 teams will score the most goals (maybe not everton). It also gives u a very wide range of captain choices (however with rvp being as prolific as he has been it offsets it somewhat). Im going to run with it for a few weeks although if chelsea dont sign a midfielder before the end of jan Ill probably go fellani to Lampard. I think he needs 8 more goals to become chelseas all time top scorer and I can see him getting there by the end of the season.
    Michu is a constant worry though as nearly everyone else has him.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

moreau wrote: »
    Am planning Baines for next two home games. After two scoreless draws I expect Everton to be far more attacking. I know everton are far from clinical so I will be shipping him out after.

Worth a punt?

according to epl index baines has improved in his crossing accuracy, is number one in the league for chance creations, has excellent creativity, makes more accurate tackles, regains possession more often, and completes more passes than ever before.

probably england's #1 left back, easily on par for his best season yet. umm yeah, worth a 'punt' i hope.

jolim24601 wrote: »
    according to epl index baines has improved in his crossing accuracy, is number one in the league for chance creations, has excellent creativity, makes more accurate tackles, regains possession more often, and completes more passes than ever before.

probably england's #1 left back, easily on par for his best season yet. umm yeah, worth a 'punt' i hope.

your a great lad for the stats good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ba + Marveaux OUT, Fellaini + Pog IN

Why not consider Anichebe for the same price? Looked a beast for Everton when he came on last night and has a nice run "on paper"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why not consider Anichebe for the same price? Looked a beast for Everton when he came on last night and has a nice run "on paper"
    He won't be a starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    He won't be a starter.

He might if Jelavic doesn't find his scoring boots soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Might have been asked already but anyone know when Ruddy is due back or Ben Arfa? Thinking of getting in Bunn and Marveaux

Also, any word on when Nelsen is heading off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also, any word on when Nelsen is heading off?

It's being reported tonight that his last game will be against Man City on January 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Everyone aboad the Anichebe bus.

Fellaini + Anichebe is my double sub for the next GW. That said, there's a week and a full FA cup fixture list between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

It's being reported tonight that his last game will be against Man City on January 29th.

Thanks for that, do you think Fabio will keep his place? He has started the last 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks for that, do you think Fabio will keep his place? He has started the last 3 games

You would think so unless Harry has a bit more wheelin' and dealin' to do. I would worry though about QPR defensively without Nelsen. I will be avoiding their defenders until I see how they cope with his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Two FTs, contemplating using one or both of them. Would appreciate thoughts on the following:

1) Bale and Berbatov OUT, Silva and Fletcher IN (leaving me 0.5 in bank).

2) Bale and Berbatov OUT, Silva and Sturridge IN (leaving 0 in the bank).

As was pointed out to myself, Bale has Norwich, West Brom, Newcastle and West Ham in his next 4. Was considering swapping for Gerrard, but have done a complete U-turn. He will score big, I have faith :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He might if Jelavic doesn't find his scoring boots soon.
    I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    As was pointed out to myself, Bale has Norwich, West Brom, Newcastle and West Ham in his next 4. Was considering swapping for Gerrard, but have done a complete U-turn. He will score big, I have faith :pac:

i hope yr right, it's cause of that single 21 pt game week gerrard completely went under my radar >:O

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    He won't be a starter.

Pog has a better chance of playing, and has actually been scoring better since he started getting regular gametime. Scored three in last 4, and picked up BP's.

I won't be using him much but you need your subs to be playing. Anichebe is far too incosistent, he's only played over 60 mins 4 times all season! Pog has done so 14 times. Easy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm keeping my transfers until after the FA Cup weekend.

I'll get a better idea of rotation, and also there is a risk of injuries.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm keeping my transfers until after the FA Cup weekend.

I'll get a better idea of rotation, and also there is a risk of injuries.

doing the same myself. I dont have ba but if u did after the weekend we should have a fair idea of whether he will start against reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

doing the same myself. I dont have ba but if u did after the weekend we should have a fair idea of whether he will start against reading.
    My thinking is ba to start the cup game Torres to start against Reading. Torres under less pressure away from home and more likely to score. Also fits in with rotation. Could be wrong.

amber69 wrote: »
    My thinking is ba to start the cup game Torres to start against Reading. Torres under less pressure away from home and more likely to score. Also fits in with rotation. Could be wrong.

I pray you are right! Just cashed in on Ba and got Fellaini, could really do with a transfer working out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I pray you are right! Just cashed in on Ba and got Fellaini, could really do with a transfer working out...

It seems like Torres will be given a chance tonight ahead of Ba.

zerks wrote: »
    It seems like Torres will be given a chance tonight ahead of Ba.

which means unless Torres goes nuts, Ba is pretty nailed on for the weekend, when he could go nuts himself.

hmmm.

i want City cover though, so do i just leave Mata as my Chelsea cover and get in Aguero? it does seem the logical choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

SlickRic wrote: »
    which means unless Torres goes nuts, Ba is pretty nailed on for the weekend, when he could go nuts himself.

hmmm.

i want City cover though, so do i just leave Mata as my Chelsea cover and get in Aguero? it does seem the logical choice.

Ba can go nuts at the weekend in the cup all he wants.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Ba can go nuts at the weekend in the cup all he wants.

shít, got confused there.

who knows what way Rafa will work out League Cup, FA Cup, League?

either way, I was waiting until after the weekend to make a decision.

for those of you thinking of getting city strikers in we will know the teamsheets for the 4 tuesday night games before the transfer deadline of 19.30 so best off waiting till the last minute. Unfortunately for Ba owners Chelsea game is the wed night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've been waiting to get Bale back in until after the DGWs. Glad now as I didn't miss much by not having him and he's at -92% on FISO so could go down in price.

So I'm holding out to make the transfer, he's going down slowly but hoping he drops 0.1 before I get him in.

If anybody wants to help a brother out, please consider dropping Gareth Bale this weekend. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

8-10 wrote: »
    I've been waiting to get Bale back in until after the DGWs. Glad now as I didn't miss much by not having him and he's at -92% on FISO so could go down in price.

So I'm holding out to make the transfer, he's going down slowly but hoping he drops 0.1 before I get him in.

If anybody wants to help a brother out, please consider dropping Gareth Bale this weekend. :p

He won't go down, the 92% was because he was playing Utd and lots needed to get him out to get Walcott or Santi in for the dgw, It's more likely that he will score at least 7 points next week and start to go back up in price.

My opinion of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He won't go down, the 92% was because he was playing Utd and lots needed to get him out to get Walcott or Santi in for the dgw, It's more likely that he will score at least 7 points next week and start to go back up in price.

My opinion of course.

Yeah only -28 teams sold him today so not looking great. I agree it was for the Arsenal guys. But with Lampard, Silva and Gerrard becoming more popular and Walcott, Michu and Fellaini a bit cheaper, Bale seems the guy to drop of the 'regular 5' in order to bring in the new guys.

I'm optimistic.

Bale is crap, everybody transfer him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Walcott is as good an option as Bale anyway, the pts show that.

Getting both in might be best....if possible of course.

Present team:

Begovic Federici
    Cameron Gibbs Davies Demel Clyne
    Walcott Bale Mata Michu Marveaux
    RVP Suarez Ba

Apart from Ba going next week, I'm struggling to see any transfers this week. Gibbs too has a good run ahead although I'm thinking of moving him out for Nastasic. I think otherwise my squad seems pretty balanced, am I missing anything?

Edit: Oh the next GW isn't til the 29th of January, that's a good bit away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I have Walcott and cazorla , the plan was cazorla to bale , not sure if i should do that now

I have Walcott and cazorla , the plan was cazorla to bale , not sure if i should do that now
    Its still the right move I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Get Fellaini in, bonus points magnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

for those of you thinking of getting city strikers in we will know the teamsheets for the 4 tuesday night games before the transfer deadline of 19.30 so best off waiting till the last minute. Unfortunately for Ba owners Chelsea game is the wed night.
    Knowing my luck I'll take Dzeko out when he's not named on the teamsheet, he'll come off the bench to score a hattrick and the person I switch him to does nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Ba played tonight so it looks like Torres will play the weeken and Ba will play Wednesday night.

Advertisement