Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

q2ice wrote: »
    Ba played tonight so it looks like Torres will play the weeken and Ba will play Wednesday night.

Second guessing Rafa is a game i dare not play!.Ba dropped in price last night and really need him to stay steady till next GW is open...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is there any must have ManC attacker at the moment (i.e. worth getting in for ~5GW's+)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Looking at my team there are a lot of nice fixtures next week, I'll probably use my transfer though to get Bale back in for Walcott as originally planned, just wondering if posting our intentions on here are wise if we are still left in the FSA cup, probably best to leave it as a surprise for our opponents.

If Ba drops .1 i cannot do the straight swap i want for Auguero so do i move now and take the hit or cry when i cannot afford Auguero???

dahat wrote: »
    If Ba drops .1 i cannot do the straight swap i want for Auguero so do i move now and take the hit or cry when i cannot afford Auguero???

He is a cert to drop to drop tonight,well bollocks that :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I'm looking to replace Gibbs with another defender. I've got 0.7 in the bank and was considering Rafael. Has he nailed back the right back position or will Phil Jones be getting regular game time now. Jones got bonus points at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »

I'm the same. Transferred Berba out for Remy this week in preparation for Ba to Aguero next week. I'll probably have to wait a week longer to nab Aguero as I ain't too keen on taking any more hits this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm looking to replace Gibbs with another defender. I've got 0.7 in the bank and was considering Rafael. Has he nailed back the right back position or will Phil Jones be getting regular game time now. Jones got bonus points at the weekend.

I'm looking at getting rid of Gibbs too, shocking return from him the last few weeks. A clean sheet would be amazing, think I've gotten 2 from my last 24.

Looking at bringing in either Rafael or Zabaleta. Hopefully Luiz is back this week and can pick me up some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

roryc wrote: »

I'm looking at getting rid of Gibbs too, shocking return from him the last few weeks. A clean sheet would be amazing, think I've gotten 2 from my last 24.

Looking at bringing in either Rafael or Zabaleta. Hopefully Luiz is back this week and can pick me up some points.

I have Luiz myself and I'm happy to hold to him for now. Zabaleta is another option I'm looking to bring in aswel, only for his injury scare its made me sway to a Man Utd defender. I can't see any other options other than them two. Gibbs hasn't delivered any points which is a shame as he scored in the cup against Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anybody know if Remy will be on spot kick duties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

In a real pickle at the mo. My forwards are

Michu ---- Walcott ---- Hazard --- Fellani ---- Puncheon

Ba
    RVP
    Dzeko

Original plan was Ba & Puncheon
    > Bale & La Fondra.

Now I need to do Hazard to Mata, still want to get Bale in though.

I have 2 free subs, 2.8 in the bank but not sure the best way to go about it.

I could do Hazard to Bale & get Mata in next week, leaving me with Ba as CFC cover V Reading

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In a real pickle at the mo. My forwards are

Michu ---- Walcott ---- Hazard --- Fellani ---- Puncheon

Ba
    RVP
    Dzeko

Original plan was Ba & Puncheon
    > Bale & La Fondra.

Now I need to do Hazard to Mata, still want to get Bale in though.

I have 2 free subs, 2.8 in the bank but not sure the best way to go about it.

I could do Hazard to Bale & get Mata in next week, leaving me with Ba as CFC cover V Reading
    If torres starts the fa cup it will increase the chances of ba starting the league game. You will also have the advantage of the man C teamsheet before the 1930 deadline to see if dzeko starts which could be another potential problem for you. If dzeko starts and you feel Ba will maybe just do Hazard to Bale and then keep your 2 free subs for the following week where there is a 3 day turnaround between games and an increased chance of injuries /rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Went Bale to Walcott for the double GW which paid dividends. Thinking of going back to Bale now, Norwich arent playing too well and Bale destroyed them last year. He hasnt delivered much in a while and surely will soon. Feeling that Arse-Pool will be tight and low-scoring, like a 1-1 or narrow Arsenal win. But Walcott is on fire right now and after signing a major contract, he should play most games now. Tough decision I think.

Might just go Gibbs to Zabaleta, and stick with Theo for another week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ba dropping in price is annoying, i plan on dropping him this week but with fa cup matches to be played over the weekend I'm not taking the risk on who i bring in getting injured. i'll let him drop, he can drop another .1 then after tonight before it effects me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

roryc wrote: »

I have Luiz myself and I'm happy to hold to him for now. Zabaleta is another option I'm looking to bring in aswel, only for his injury scare its made me sway to a Man Utd defender. I can't see any other options other than them two. Gibbs hasn't delivered any points which is a shame as he scored in the cup against Swansea.

Looking to replace Gibbs too. How about Clichy? 0.4 cheaper than Zabaleta and Rafael. Mancini looks to have settled with a back 4 after trying out a back 3 with 2 wing backs earlier in the season and City have started to keep clean sheets lately. Clichy is first choice left full back and Kolarov is first choice left wing back. Only time i can see Man City playing with wing backs again is when they are chasing a game towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Clichy is my main target. Just unsure of whether to drop Gibbs or Cameron. Alot depends on how Stoke do this weekend against Wigan. Feels wrong to double up on their defence after conceding 3+ goals in their last 4 games, but Wigan aren't exactly prolific in front of goal. They've drawn a blank in over 1/3 of their games.

Will be keeping an eye on De Gea. United look like they're tightening up, only conceded 2 goals in their last four games, one against Liverpool and an unlucky one in 90th minute against Spurs last week. He's a bargain at £5.5m, and seems to be guaranteed his place after a shaky start to the season. IF Stoke don't look tight against Wigan it'll be Cameron getting the boot for Clichy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Any thoughts on Dawson or Naughton? Not specifically for this GW, but in general. They would be a very cheap way of getting into a solid defense. Dawson seems to be holding down a place somewhat at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Right guys,

I was thinking of shipping Gibbs out, leaves me with 6.3 to spend. Who do ye think I should bring in, I was thinking either Rafael or Walker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

chops018 wrote: »
    Right guys,

I was thinking of shipping Gibbs out, leaves me with 6.3 to spend. Who do ye think I should bring in, I was thinking either Rafael or Walker?

rafael, zaba or gibbs imo

Fizman wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Dawson or Naughton? Not specifically for this GW, but in general. They would be a very cheap way of getting into a solid defense. Dawson seems to be holding down a place somewhat at least.

I think Naughton will get very little playing time now that Assou-Ekotto is fit again, he replaced Naughton in the second half against United at the weekend and with a cup match at the weekend to ease him back in I'd say he'll be there for the rest of the year barring further injury, no question that BAE is a far better player than Naughton, assume AVB realises this as well.

Dawson is a big favorite with Spurs fans and has done brilliantly to get his place recently since AVB deemed him surplus to requirements at the beginning of the year and tried to ship him out. Verthongen is sure of his place going forward but was left out at the weekend, I personally think Caulker will play more often than Dawson and Gallas will be back soon as well and will expect game time, I'd be wary of either unless you have 4 defenders who play every weekend, Dawson and Caulker are both likely to play 90 minutes or none so it could be worth a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would urge caution on both. AVB is very frustrating when it comes to rotating his CBs. It does look like Dawson is at the front of the pack but he could easily drop him to make way for Gallas, Caulker or Vertonghen. I had Gallas for a short period and it was like a lottery trying to work out which CB would play and who would not. If you have a Spurs CB you'll always be stressing before a G.W. about whether he will play or not. Don't think that uncertainty is worthwhile.

As for Naughton, Assou-Ekotto himself has been quoted as saying he doesn't perceive Naughton as a threat to his place. Knowing AVB he will probably rotate them. The only Spurs defender I would have strong confidence in featuring regularly would be Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I had Dawson right at the start of the season when he wasn't playing and I got burnt by him so I'm a little afraid to go near him again. Having said that he has been playing very regularly which is peaking my interest and he is their captain. I was planning to bring Walker in with my Wildcard though as he's been taking a few set-pieces and I reckon he's due a few attacking returns.

With afro man returning Naughton will surely return to the bench soon.

Assou ekotu should take naughtons place . Id imagine BAE will get the 90 mins at the weekend FA Cup and will probably have his place back soon. Dawson is being helped by Gallas's absence at the moment not sure how long he is out for. Maybe our resident spurs expert Swiper could fill you in.

The thing is, I have Lloris, but Dawson has been tempting me over the last few days. True that it is very hard to call regarding who he'll pick, particularly now with BAE back. That will probably affect Vertonghens minutes. Will look into it a bit more. I do think Spurs will be one of the higher CS getters from now till the end of the season.

I think Naughton will get very little playing time now that Assou-Ekotto is fit again, he replaced Naughton in the second half against United at the weekend and with a cup match at the weekend to ease him back in I'd say he'll be there for the rest of the year barring further injury, no question that BAE is a far better player than Naughton, assume AVB realises this as well.

Dawson is a big favorite with Spurs fans and has done brilliantly to get his place recently since AVB deemed him surplus to requirements at the beginning of the year and tried to ship him out. Verthongen is sure of his place going forward but was left out at the weekend, I personally think Caulker will play more often than Dawson and Gallas will be back soon as well and will expect game time, I'd be wary of either unless you have 4 defenders who play every weekend, Dawson and Caulker are both likely to play 90 minutes or none so it could be worth a gamble.

I've been thinking about the advice I gave here and might look into getting Dawson in myself for the reasons I've given. All my defenders seem fairly sure of their places so sticking in Dawson isn't much of a risk as I can't see him coming on late in games, as I said 90 minutes or nothing.

The thing is, I have Lloris, but Dawson has been tempting me over the last few days. True that it is very hard to call regarding who he'll pick, particularly now with BAE back. That will probably affect Vertonghens minutes. Will look into it a bit more. I do think Spurs will be one of the higher CS getters from now till the end of the season.

I don't think you need to worry about Verthongens minutes, he'll play pretty much all the time IMO. The problem is that when Gallas and Kaboul come back it'll be hard to figure out who will be his most regular partner but thats still a few wekks away.

darego wrote: »
    rafael, zaba or gibbs imo
    not sure gibbs out and then gibbs back in is the greatest transfer. Although it could be your subtle way of telling him to leave gibbs in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dawson is VERY tempting alright. Spurs conceding very little

km79 wrote: »
    Dawson is VERY tempting alright. Spurs conceding very little

Ya, my thinking behind it is because he is only 4.5m, he is essentially a budget player. Even if he plays in 60-70% of the rest of the games, you'll get some kind of value because you don't have much of your kitty tied up in him, and if he doesn't play a reserve will more than likely come in (he has only been used as sub 3 times). He is relatively low risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Who do you think would be the better buy guys.

Fellaini or Fletcher?

Fellaini -Is picking up bonus points but no goals and only 1 assist since he came back from his ban.

Flether - Is putting the goals away again + Sunderland seem to be creating more recently

Advertisement