Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just did Berbatov to Fletcher. I wanted to wait until after the FA Cup games but Fletch is 92% towards a price rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

would you go with evra and nastasic or zabeleta and vidic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Guys can anyone explain to me how I know when players are going to rise/decrease in price????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hogey007 wrote: »
    would you go with evra and nastasic or zabeleta and vidic?

Pricey defense!! Evra is a solid bet at the moment anyway! So id go with the first option, i wouldn't have Vidic in my team for the price of him he doesn't get up the pitch enough! Solid defender but not FF wise!

collie0708 wrote: »
    Guys can anyone explain to me how I know when players are going to rise/decrease in price????

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

You're welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Pricey defense!! Evra is a solid bet at the moment anyway! So id go with the first option, i wouldn't have Vidic in my team for the price of him he doesn't get up the pitch enough! Solid defender but not FF wise!

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

You're welcome :)

That will help,I will be unstoppable now:D thank

• Advertisement

I have wildcard activated and got a very strong front 7 plus pog so thought i might aswell beef up the defence

team in full right now is

Begovic Bunn

Evra Zab Cameron Davies Harte

Bale Mata Fellaini Walcott Michu

Suarez RVP Pog

absolutely zilch left in the bank.

I have wildcard activated and got a very strong front 7 plus pog so thought i might aswell beef up the defence

team in full right now is

Begovic Bunn

Evra Zab Cameron Davies Harte

Bale Mata Fellaini Walcott Michu

Suarez RVP Pog

absolutely zilch left in the bank.

Solid team! I've thought about playing 3 - 5 - 2 but i still prefer 3 - 4 - 3!
    I just feel that there's so many decent strikers at the moment! I took Bale out which may come back to haunt me but i had him for a good while and he done his job last few weeks he hasn't been spectacular so i haven't missed him! If Fellaini is going to start playing deeper again i will bring him back in but if not im happy enough at the moment! Im not even sure what to do for my own transfer this week! Thinking Jussi out for De Gea but i still reckon thats ropey enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just did Berbatov to Fletcher. I wanted to wait until after the FA Cup games but Fletch is 92% towards a price rise.

Sunderland are out of the Cup anyway aren't they? So Fletcher isn't much of a risk for injury. He'll be home with his feet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

to drop ba or not? Reading at home Im hoping he would get a goal or two unless rafa picks torres again.....

Solid team! I've thought about playing 3 - 5 - 2 but i still prefer 3 - 4 - 3!
    I just feel that there's so many decent strikers at the moment! I took Bale out which may come back to haunt me but i had him for a good while and he done his job last few weeks he hasn't been spectacular so i haven't missed him! If Fellaini is going to start playing deeper again i will bring him back in but if not im happy enough at the moment! Im not even sure what to do for my own transfer this week! Thinking Jussi out for De Gea but i still reckon thats ropey enough!

yeah i was torn with 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 myself, was considering marveaux/fletcher instead of fellaini/pog but i like the look of fellaini's next 2 fixtures, if he hasn't found the form he had previous to his ban by then i might use my 2 free transfers that week to switch to a cheap mid/better 3rd striker.
    If you can afford it i'd go for de gea, really considered getting him in myself only for stoke's upcoming fixtures look good for begovic (5 of 9 at home to poorish sides) so evra gives me united cover instead of de gea.
    for you with jussi, west ham's fixtures are a bit middle of the road, some tricky, some decent looking but i'd bring in de gea and if you still want west ham cover just bring in demel as your 5th defender at some point.

• Advertisement

yeah i was torn with 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 myself, was considering marveaux/fletcher instead of fellaini/pog but i like the look of fellaini's next 2 fixtures, if he hasn't found the form he had previous to his ban by then i might use my 2 free transfers that week to switch to a cheap mid/better 3rd striker.
    If you can afford it i'd go for de gea, really considered getting him in myself only for stoke's upcoming fixtures look good for begovic (5 of 9 at home to poorish sides) so evra gives me united cover instead of de gea.
    for you with jussi, west ham's fixtures are a bit middle of the road, some tricky, some decent looking but i'd bring in de gea and if you still want west ham cover just bring in demel as your 5th defender at some point.

I already have Demel that's why im keen to get rid of Jussi, West Ham are pants and doubling up in Defense is a nightmare ha! With de Gea though the thing is Utd just concede too many! They have been hopeless at keeping clean sheets this season! At least with Evra you have possible points from himgoing forward! Not sure what to do, wont move on anything until the weekends games are over anyway!

save a £1m and pick rafael instaed of evra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Defoe and Gibbs out,
    Clyne and Saurez in.

This is my team now for the rest of the season. A bit light in defense but my front 7 isn't too bad!

I have being playing a 3-4-3 all season but switching to a 3-5-2.

32459619.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im going with Dawson. As was pointed out, he only costs 4.5 and isnt going to make sub apperances. So put him in and if he doesnt play one of your other defenders will come in. Although 3 of Spurs next 4 are away, but against out of form teams, so Im going to gamble on him.

Rest of my team will be the same old big 5 with Suarez, Pog and RVP. However I am considering Sturridge and Fletcher instead of Suarez and Pog.
    My reasons are I think Sturridge will match Suarez's points for the most part and I can rotate the 2 depending on fixtures. I then also have a good attacking player on my bench for when RVP, Mata etc are rested.

Only thing is Im leading my leagues, do I play it safe and keep Suarez like the people trying to catch me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

to drop ba or not? Reading at home Im hoping he would get a goal or two unless rafa picks torres again.....

I dropped him after he signed for Chelsea. Had him for most of the season and made a nice profit too.

He's going to be rotated over the season. The only guareenteed player at Chelsea is probably Peter Cech and maybe Mata.

Other than that no-one at Chelsea is nailed on to play every week.

Keep Saurez and play it safe.

I already have Demel that's why im keen to get rid of Jussi, West Ham are pants and doubling up in Defense is a nightmare ha! With de Gea though the thing is Utd just concede too many! They have been hopeless at keeping clean sheets this season! At least with Evra you have possible points from himgoing forward! Not sure what to do, wont move on anything until the weekends games are over anyway!

i think united are a lot more solid in defence now with vidic back, they've only conceded 2 in the last 4 league games and also kept a cs in the cup replay v west ham.
    Their next 8 fixtures are all against teams in mid or lower table bar the everton game and that's at home.
    obviously the concern with de gea is that fergie may rest/drop him for lindegard but he seems to be a bit more established as first choice now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mascher wrote: »
    Im going with Dawson. As was pointed out, he only costs 4.5 and isnt going to make sub apperances. So put him in and if he doesnt play one of your other defenders will come in. Although 3 of Spurs next 4 are away, but against out of form teams, so Im going to gamble on him.

Rest of my team will be the same old big 5 with Suarez, Pog and RVP. However I am considering Sturridge and Fletcher instead of Suarez and Pog.
    My reasons are I think Sturridge will match Suarez's points for the most part and I can rotate the 2 depending on fixtures. I then also have a good attacking player on my bench for when RVP, Mata etc are rested.

Only thing is Im leading my leagues, do I play it safe and keep Suarez like the people trying to catch me??

I'm in exactly the same position. Same front 8 and bringing in Dawson. Leading my money league and 2pts off in work league. My strategy is to maintain. I don't see the point in finding differentials unless you're playing catchup. I'd stick with Suarez. A few good weeks and he could eat into your lead if you don't have him. A few bad weeks and you won't lose ground on the others who have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Keep Saurez and play it safe.

Who is this Saurez, you speak of? :P

save a £1m and pick rafael instaed of evra?

i considered rafael and he poses a great attacking threat, my concern is that with smalling and evans back he might be rotated a bit more than evra.

I can only afford evra before his price rises (he's at 89%) now, so i figure i go with the dearest option now because it's much easier to downgrade in a couple of weeks if rafael is holding down his spot and i need to free up some money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Who is this Saurez, you speak of? :P
    ooops my bad meant suarez:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I've been thinking about the advice I gave here and might look into getting Dawson in myself for the reasons I've given. All my defenders seem fairly sure of their places so sticking in Dawson isn't much of a risk as I can't see him coming on late in games, as I said 90 minutes or nothing.

Right, I'm going to say something now.

When you first joined, I got annoyed by certain posts and wrote you off as someone that was more interested in taking the piss than contributing.

I was wrong about that and I apologize. You're actually one of the better contributors, and probably my "go to" poster for all things Spurs.

Maybe you've put a gypsy curse on me but I wanted to get that out of the way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right, I'm going to say something now.

When you first joined, I got annoyed by certain posts and wrote you off as someone that was more interested in taking the piss than contributing.

I was wrong about that and I apologize. You're actually one of the better contributors, and probably my "go to" poster for all things Spurs.

Maybe you've put a gypsy curse on me but I wanted to get that out of the way. :pac:

Agreed, the Dawson pick has been very well reasoned!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

The injury to Luiz is allowing me to change to Evra. Should I make this transfer before the price rise or go for Rafael?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »

F**K. Might have to take a points hit now.

If Luiz is out then my only sub defenders are Demel and Harte. Both probable 1 or 2 pointers, possibly worse. Demel was at fault for most of Arsenals goals last week so might even be dropped. I was planning on bringing in a City/United defender next week anyway so might be worth the hit now. If they keep a CS then I'll have already made my money back on the transfer, if not then at least I'm a transsfer ahead of where I was.

So Luiz £6.6m out (I already have £1m in the bank) and bring in

Clichy £5.6/Nastastic £5.6
    Rafael £6.0/Evra £7.1

I'm thinking Clichy, more chance of goal/assist points. If Zabaleta was guaranteed a game he would be the obvious replacement. I can wait a few days on this though, only Evra is at risk of moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »

If Luiz is out then my only sub defenders are Demel and Harte. Both probable 1 or 2 pointers, possibly worse. Demel was at fault for most of Arsenals goals last week so might even be dropped. I was planning on bringing in a City/United defender next week anyway so might be worth the hit now. If they keep a CS then I'll have already made my money back on the transfer, if not then at least I'm a transsfer ahead of where I was.

Rafael £6.0/Evra £7.1

I'm thinking Clichy, more chance of goal/assist points. If Zabaleta was guaranteed a game he would be the obvious replacement. I can wait a few days on this though, only Evra is at risk of moving.
    Going to do the same myself luiz out Zab nastasic or clichy in will wait till the city teams announced Tues night. Half pleased if Luiz is injured as was considering getting rid anyway. It also makes lampard a bit more valuable another potential target.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »

Rafael £6.0/Evra £7.1

soon-your-transition-to-the-dark-side-will-be-complete.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »

The Boards.ie bandwagon defender curse hits again.

First Baines, then Enrique, now Luiz.

Watch that Dawson doesn't reach bandwagon status lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    The Boards.ie bandwagon defender curse hits again.

First Baines, then Enrique, now Luiz.

Watch that Dawson doesn't reach bandwagon status lads!

Indeed,glad now i shipped Luiz for Zab last and got my clean sheet as well.
    Hopefully Zab misses Stoke game and plays the league game next week

Advertisement