Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Haha :)

I took one 4 point hit this season and it ended up costing me 16 points. Not exactly a good strike rate is it.

If I do the above transfer I would half expect Clichy to get sent off and Harte to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Was thinking of Zabaleta but with him possibly missing the next game am looking at Vidic, will be guaranteed his place i think and rested for cup games. both at same price. I think Rafael will be rotated more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm really touched by Futureguys comments above:o. When I started contributing to this forum I mistakingly assumed that banter would be what it thrived on and for a long time I avoided RVP and occasionally gloated when things didn't go his way, particularly since Suarez was my main man and scoring every week, I now realise it's a more mature forum but secretly I'm always delighted when someone I don't have doesn't perform as expected(I'm thinking Ba last week, Suarez to a lesser extent, Fellaini etc, this is what keeps it interesting. I'm thinking of dumping Michu for that very reason, probably crazy but no way he can match his returns from earlier on and I'm a bit sick of everyone having the same few players.

The Luiz thing is a blow for me now, I can't have that much money invested in defence and sitting on the bench but I've already decided to bring Bale back instead of Walcott. I've kept quiet on people here stating that Bale is out of form as I don't need to get into that argument but the facts as I see them is that Bale is in fine form, multiple(good) shots on target in every game, bonus points for all round performance, nobody will score every week but no player in the league except RVP has the same ability to win games by himself and the same potential for big points hauls regularly, he has been very unlucky:pac: not to score at least 2 goals in the last 2 games and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't score 3 in the next 4 games, probably more.

Now, who to bring in for Luiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Steven81 wrote: »
    Was thinking of Zabaleta but with him possibly missing the next game am looking at Vidic, will be guaranteed his place i think and rested for cup games. both at same price. I think Rafael will be rotated more.
    not sure on vidic hasnt really strung a series of games together in a long time. I actually think J Evans is at this stage is fergies no 1 CB. If vidic stays fit I could also see him being rested either side of the CL games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Have 2 frees, contemplating the following:

Suarez and Michu out.

Feilini and Aguero(will he even play? I think he will) in.

Anyone else thinking along these lines or is this plain silly? I have made little on Suarez but I would have to go for DeGuzman if I was to go back to a Swansea player most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i just don't know why anyone would get rid of Michu.

boredom is not a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Have 2 frees, contemplating the following:

Suarez and Michu out.

Feilini and Aguero(will he even play? I think he will) in.

Anyone else thinking along these lines or is this plain silly? I have made little on Suarez but I would have to go for DeGuzman if I was to go back to a Swansea player most likely.

Michu out? i find that funny......

SlickRic wrote: »
    i just don't know why anyone would get rid of Michu.

boredom is not a reason.

I haven't decided to do so yet and will wait another gameweek at least, it's a gamble of course but I can't see him maintaining the kind of output he's had till now, he's a very good player but has been overachieving IMO. It'll cost me .5m to do it so I'll probably bottle it in any case, it's no harm taking a risk from time to time. With people talking of Bale's poor form it's interesting that Michu has only scored once in his last 6 EPL games and that was before christmas.

Is there anyone posting here who doesn't have Michu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Bale costs almost 10m tbf.

I'd be more worried about Fellaini and not Michu tbh. Fellaini definitely wont match his goal tally from the first half, Michu probably not too but I'd fancy him to outscore Fellaini. He is a good finisher and a natural around the box. Fellaini looks more unorthodox.

I'll be watching Fellaini in the next few games where you'd expect something from him.

nobody will score every week but no player in the league except RVP has the same ability to win games by himself and the same potential for big points hauls regularly, he has been very unlucky:pac: not to score at least 2 goals in the last 2 games and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't score 3 in the next 4 games, probably more.

There are actually quite a few players capable of big pts hauls.

I thought Bale was very average against United, nullified bar one or two shots from distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bale is one player i wont be going near for the rest of the season. Im hoping everyone in the boards.ie top 50 keep playing him, cos im the train coming behind ya's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Santi101 wrote: »
    Bale costs almost 10m tbf.

I'd be more worried about Fellaini and not Michu tbh. Fellaini definitely wont match his goal tally from the first half, Michu probably not too but I'd fancy him to outscore Fellaini. He is a good finisher and a natural around the box. Fellaini looks more unorthodox.

I'll be watching Fellaini in the next few games where you'd expect something from him.

I have fellaini in now as his next 2 games are at home to west brom and villa (not sure in which order),

after those 2 games i'll decide then if i should stick with fellaini/pog for another while or switch fellaini to marveaux and get in a better 3rd striker Fletcher/defoe/berbatov

There are actually quite a few players capable of big pts hauls.

I thought Bale was very average against United, nullified bar one or two shots from distance.

Not his best game on sunday but De Gea made a fantastic save from him and was unlucky with at least one other shot which went just over, Julio Cesar for QPR had the game of his life the week before, my point is that just because a player(in this case Bale but Michu might be the same) doesn't score for two games in a row doesn't mean he's off form, sometimes they go in sometimes they don't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BUY MICHU. KEEP MICHU. NEVER SELL MICHU.

He'll go to Arsenal and he'll get 2. He'll go to OT and he'll get 1. He can score against absolutely anyone.

Even at 8.3m he is a steal.

I'm thinking Bale back in for the Norwich game and then I might go back to Walcott for Stoke at home where I think he can outscore Bale(WBA away).

Other changes for me might be Fellaini out in a few weeks, Shawcross out for Zabaleta, then maybe cheaper Stoke cover as a squad option.

Bale might pick up a few bonus points for making 3 saves too as the season goes on :D

http://joe.ie/football/videos/video-gareth-bale-might-be-the-best-goalie-spurs-have-0033242-1

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Which City striker would be safest to invest in for the next 4 games?

Ice87 wrote: »

the good and rare thing about this gameweek is that the deadline closes at 7:30 on tuesday so you'll know who is starting for city tuesday night before the deadline closes, no point in making a transfer until you see who is starting tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I'm thinking Bale back in for the Norwich game and then I might go back to Walcott for Stoke at home where I think he can outscore Bale(WBA away).

Other changes for me might be Fellaini out in a few weeks, Shawcross out for Zabaleta, then maybe cheaper Stoke cover as a squad option.

Yes I will be monitoring Fellaini stats very closely for the next two home games. If his average position is deeper, with low shots (especially shots inside the box) I will def be letting him go.

The sight of him using all his energy racing back to help the defense against Southampton was not pleasant!

I just hope Moyes plays him off Jellyfish for these two games

Aguero's the best City striker but Dzeko is a decent option right now IMO. Good price.

I wont be touching any City forwards for the rest of the season. I play 3 forwards and prefer to know that they will all play more often than not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ice87 wrote: »

The only City striker I would have is Aguero.

When fit, he'll play 90% of the time. City's desired strike force is always Aguero + Another.

Aguero's Citys main man for sure. Not having a great season though, not sure I'd like spending the guts of 11m on him, he has 8 goals but hasnt really got going.

City's fixtures til the end of the season arent terrible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Aguero's the best City striker but Dzeko is a decent option right now IMO. Good price.

I wont be touching any City forwards for the rest of the season. I play 3 forwards and prefer to know that they will all play more often than not.

i have dzeko but i'd be extra wary of him right now. he's missed a lot of sitters in the last 2 games. he's great when starting and in form though, a good target man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Defoe and Marveaux or Lampard and Pog?? Pog and Marveaux would be spending most of their time on the bench.. So it boils down to Lampard vs Defoe... I am leaning towards Lamps as he is penalty taker, is chasing top goal scorer record and gets 5 points for goals.. The only thing is I already have Mata, so I would be doubling up on Chelsea, so if they dont score, that'll really dent a gameweek..

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Defoe and Marveaux or Lampard and Pog?? Pog and Marveaux would be spending most of their time on the bench.. So it boils down to Lampard vs Defoe... I am leaning towards Lamps as he is penalty taker, is chasing top goal scorer record and gets 5 points for goals.. The only thing is I already have Mata, so I would be doubling up on Chelsea, so if they dont score, that'll really dent a gameweek..

Thoughts?

There's your answer right there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There's your answer right there...
    Dunno about that now. Weigh each player on their merits. If Tottenham don't score Defoe will hurt you just as much as Lampard will if Chelsea don't. You already have Mata in your team so he isn't a consideration that you can do anything about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Zabaletta or Rafael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

CSF wrote: »
    Dunno about that now. Weigh each player on their merits. If Tottenham don't score Defoe will hurt you just as much as Lampard will if Chelsea don't. You already have Mata in your team so he isn't a consideration that you can do anything about.

That's not entirely true, as I am wildcarding... It's a tough one to call, as I fancy Defoe to bang a few in soon, he goes in drips and drabs..Plan would be to sell him then after his hot streak.. But Lampard offers great value as well if he is on the pitch..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's not entirely true, as I am wildcarding... It's a tough one to call, as I fancy Defoe to bang a few in soon, he goes in drips and drabs..Plan would be to sell him then after his hot streak.. But Lampard offers great value as well if he is on the pitch..

I can see ade taking defoes place when back from Africa nations . With dempsey playing just off ade . Spurs haven't really had bale Lennon dempsey ade defoe all fully fit at the same time i feel defoe will be the odd man out there. Lampard has 3 great fixtures coming up he's playing deeper than in years gone by but still has an eye for a goal plus penos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Might go for Dzeko and Aguero for 2 weeks and after that make a decision on Sturridge or Suarez for one of them, Suarez is capable of scoring against anyone though, but the other 2 play for a much better attacking team when they get into the groove.

Advertisement