Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with a Mac G3 Powerbook

Options
  • 19-01-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have been given a gift of a Mac G3 Powerbook. Hasn't been used for sometime but has a new hard drive installed and on trying it out a short while ago it powered up with no problem. As a pc windows user, can I convert the Mac to something I'm more familiar with? What would you do with it? I'm not particulaly savy with computers so has anyone any good ideas, apart from dumping it which I would hate to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what year is it from?

surely theres not much it can do nowadays, apart from typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

that's the reason Im looking for any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭pipie

This charity recycle computers and send them onto africa and other places for education....

http://camara.org/contact-us/ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

There's plenty of cool stuff you can do with old(ish) computers; could even be the beginning of an Apple collection for you! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Put it on Adverts.ie and see what you get. You'd be amazed at the resale value. It's one advantages of owning a Mac. I sold a five year old iMac for €550 on Adeverts.

Advertisement