Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaways in balbriggan

Options
  • 19-01-2013 7:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15

Delighted to see a new chipper in balbriggan. Just opened up from supervalu. About time the people of balbriggan dont have to travel to swords , skerries or drogheda for a bag of chips. Cant believe it has taken until now for a fast food outlet to open the town. I wonder is there enough business in the town for a chipper ?............. I am all sarcasmed out. Good night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

.... and still not a decent place to eat out which isn't part of a pub in the town! Is there any town management?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Yeah seen it an really couldn't believe it. Anyone visiting the town must think none of us can cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Crikey, there must be at least 20 fast food takeaways in Balbriggan now off the top of my head? No wonder the place is being earmarked for a primary care centre! Saying that the Thai Gourmet food is to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

EF wrote: »
    Saying that the Thai Gourmet food is to die for!
    I was there last night. The food was fab - really, really nice. It was busy too which was nice to see especially in January. Every table was occupied and there were plenty of takeaway bags going out as well.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 poxman

Have to agree the thai is very good. In relation to management in the town? Mmmm...questionable. although if there is a photoshoot on front of the new chipper all the town dignitaries will be out.
    At this stage the town should nearly embrace the reputation it has for being the capital for takeaways. In manchester they have the curry mile. Balbriggan could have the chipper kilometer. At this stage they will have to retar fat arse road with all the porkers in the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

And I could be mistaken but I think Macari's are the same owners as Delibuger??? Couple of the staff in Macari's used to work in Delibuger and as far as I knew they were family. So looks to me like both Delibuger and Macari's are owned by the same people???

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Yep, same people own Deliburger & new Macari. Can't believe a new take away is opening in Balbriggan, quite depressing really. The Thai restaurant is really lovely, had our work Christmas do there and the service and food were excellent. Was in Blue Bar (Skerries) tonight and all the restaurants along the harbour there were hopping. WHY can we not have a few places like that in BB? We have the Thai restaurant, Preserved and the Brick Room but surely there is room for a few more.

Well there were more, but they all closed down due to lack of custom! Castellina Chianti was a great spot, but to keep business going had to resort to doing take away pizza's for €5 and even that couldn't save them. A real shame too as I really liked the food there. There used to be 2 indians, only 1 now. Seems to be that with the exception of Jimmy Reilly and Mr Wu no one else can make a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yep, same people own Deliburger & new Macari.

and the Pop Inn (Balrothery)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

dubmick wrote: »
    and the Pop Inn (Balrothery)
    and the chipper in Stamullen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Anyone else remember how it used to look on that street? I do :)

http://balbriggan.net/2011/images/BentonCurtis/Supervalu.jpg

Me too...the good old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

I can remember that yellow bin and the flour lorry when it delivered to Spicers through the little hole in the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Anyone else remember how it used to look on that street? I do :)

http://balbriggan.net/2011/images/BentonCurtis/Supervalu.jpg

I do indeed. The door steps from Cumisky's house are still visible on the paths outside Supervalu.

How our nice little town has changed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

sgarvan wrote: »
    I do indeed. The door steps from Cumisky's house are still visible on the paths outside Supervalu.

How our nice little town has changed :rolleyes:

Indeed , I'll say no more....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Chip Vegas,

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

From the Feb-13 minutes located here: http://www.balbriggan.ie/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=59&&Itemid=51

16 fast food outlets in The Brig (surveyed 31st Jan 13). Looks like 2 additional outlets at planning stage.

Advertisement