Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know if Japan will be playing a full strength team tomorrow? They are usually solid. Latvia are terrible. Should be good to win to nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any regular watchers of the AFCON?? Thoughts on Nigeria to win 2mrw? Haven't watched a single game but they have good players and beat Ivory Coast last time so must be decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any regular watchers of the AFCON?? Thoughts on Nigeria to win 2mrw? Haven't watched a single game but they have good players and beat Ivory Coast last time so must be decent

Better off staying clear of that awful poor tournament

Poor pitches and poor players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Headshot wrote: »

Never a truer word said, gave up on that so called tournament after a couple of days, the likes of the Gulf Cup and West Asian Federation tournaments are higher in quality id wager!

To the person above Japan are supposed to have a strong side tomorrow but Latvia have scored in the majority of their recent games, ive taken Japan -1 with a few other odd international early kick offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyTenTrees

Quick question i had an accumulator running tonight and all the teams won that played, One of the games in northern ireland however was called off, I done the bet online and still have not got paid out. The online bookie i use does not have live chat so I could only email them to see what is going on, I was always of the belief that if a game is called off that leg of the bet is just voided. Anyone know the official line??

I really want the bet to be settled ASAP as I want to back big on Holland u-21 to beat Ireland tomorrow. I really like the Holland price of 4/5 really expected them to be less. They are one of the top u21 teams in Europe and with this summers u21 finals coming up im sure each player that plays will be trying to impress tomorrow. For Ireland it really is a nothing game, boss King has called up a few new faces and with the "better" players in Brady and Cunningham called up to the seniors this game should be a stretch too far for the Irish lads. Friendlies are always dodge especially at this level so I may wait and see how the game pans out and flutter in play, reckon I will be staking just over €200 returned from tonight's game all going well on HOLLAND WIN @ 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Anyone fancy Lewandowski to score anytime for Poland tomorrow at 13/8? 13 goals in the bundesliga this season against an experimental Ireland squad and I think its good value especially as the Dortmund trio are Polands main threat and link up excellently at Dortmund as well.

Dortmund trio being Lewandowski, Kuba and Piszcek

the most in form player Błaszczykowski

The lad is on fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I am 100% on the africa cup. And i ll keep it that way.
    Had 1 bet in the group matches, a 0-0 between 2 teams of hopeless mugs. 85th minute cash out on betfair, 87th minute goal.

For today at 1300 i need some help.

There is a match Ireland u21 - Holland u21 and knowing the "real" Holland u21 played yesterday in Croatia i fancy Ireland here.

Seen the Holland squad and even i dont know most of them. Bit different with yesterdays team as that one was full of players playing 1st team football in Holland and abroad (Vilhena, Luuk de Jong to name just 2)

So if anyone can come up with the Irish team and tell me if that is a serious team, it is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

As indicated the way the players play is so variable like Adeboyer in the last 20mins of the last togo game wasn't interested at all... I'd say if the nigerian players play the way they played against ivory coast then nigeria to qualify would be a reasonable bet though the mali keeper is very good if it ends in penalties.
    Other thoughts for today

Iraq vs Indonesia... Iraq to win.

Veitnam vs UAE.. uae DNB

India vs Palestine... BTTS

Saudi vs china.. Saudi to win..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

Hi all, first time poster however i have viewed the challenge/logs and tips threads from afar for quite a while now. There is always some insightful and knowledge based tips that have helped me make (and on occassion lose) a couple of quid.

I fancy Poland to win to nil tonight however my apprehension would be the party atmosphere that both associations are trying to bring to the event (so in essence it could end up a score draw to appease everybody). I just feel that the quality of the Dortmund trio should prove too much for a make shift Ireland side who will lack any cohesion and class up top to worry a very able and capable side. I also think that the Polish players will be anxious to put on a decent showing in front of a very sizeable away support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Piszcek

Not playing. Him & midfielder Polanski are injured,

Lewandowski doesn't score much for national team, only 14 goals from 50 apps, he kinda plays the Kevin Doyle role, (btw who himself has 12/53) for Poland, holds up the ball for Błaszczykowski, Obraniak & other to run in and support, a bit likw with Borussia however, they've a new coach and they might try a more direct route tonight.
    Błaszczykowski has fairly similar scoring rate, 12/58

I don't get why Poland are such high odds tho, they're far better than Ireland, both teams are weak at the back, but Poland's front 6 are far more talented and stronger.

All depends on what their manager wants to try tonight, we all know what Trap'll do but their manager Fornalik is pretty much an unknown, he's only had one job before this and took Ruch Chorzow to 2nd in the league and defeated finalists in the cup. They played fast attacking football, but y'know, it was still Polish league. They've only had two 'tough' tests since he took over, 1-1 against a really poor England, Poland really should have won and Uruguay who played kick around and beat them 3-1 without really breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone know if Japan will be playing a full strength team tomorrow? They are usually solid. Latvia are terrible. Should be good to win to nil.

Japan 3-0 Latvia. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Put €15 on Lewandowksi anytime. Reckon the Polish will be up for it given the amount of Polish fans going tonight. He's in good goalscoring form and fancy them to score a few tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

cant catch a break nigeria 3 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Can't turn down Suarez anytime @ 2/1. Super record for Uruguay and he'd love to get one over the Spanish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Evening all long time lurking here, said I'd post and say thanks for some good selections ;)

Tonight I fancy goals galore in Spain game and England game also. Think Belgium are backable at 1/2 at home to Slovakia. Also Estonia are piss poor and Scotland badly need a win so I'll be having them too.

4-Fold pays 11/2ish
    Spain over 2.5
    England over 2.5
    Belgium win
    Scotland win

Hate international football though so small stakes.
    Gl all

mrdmb wrote: »

As indicated the way the players play is so variable like Adeboyer in the last 20mins of the last togo game wasn't interested at all... I'd say if the nigerian players play the way they played against ivory coast then nigeria to qualify would be a reasonable bet though the mali keeper is very good if it ends in penalties.
    Other thoughts for today

Veitnam vs UAE.. uae DNB

4 out of 5 so far..waiting for the saudi game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

inforfun wrote: »
    I am 100% on the africa cup. And i ll keep it that way.
    Had 1 bet in the group matches, a 0-0 between 2 teams of hopeless mugs. 85th minute cash out on betfair, 87th minute goal.

For today at 1300 i need some help.

There is a match Ireland u21 - Holland u21 and knowing the "real" Holland u21 played yesterday in Croatia i fancy Ireland here.

Seen the Holland squad and even i dont know most of them. Bit different with yesterdays team as that one was full of players playing 1st team football in Holland and abroad (Vilhena, Luuk de Jong to name just 2)

So if anyone can come up with the Irish team and tell me if that is a serious team, it is appreciated.

Just out of work, I would of posted that it was a strong Irish squad, I didnt know Holland played yesterday. Hope you got on

Just out of work, I would of posted that it was a strong Irish squad, I didnt know Holland played yesterday. Hope you got on

Just on the overs @1.8 pre game
    In play double of over 9 corners/over 2,5

Happy enough with that but Ireland win @3.6/DNB @2,62 were there for the taking

Did find on fai.ie that the selection for this game is supposed to do the work for the next U21 EC. SO i could have known it was not an experimental side. Just didnt dare to pull the trigger

Holland - Italy tonight:

11 friendlies have been played between the 2.
    Holland has never won a friendly vs Italy.
    And tonights team is not going to do it either.

• Advertisement

So no striker for spain once again. ****ing hate that

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Spain starting lineup (4-3-3): Victor Valdes; Jordi Alba, Carles Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Cesar Azpilicueta; Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fabregas, Andres Iniesta; Pedro, Juan Mata, Santi Cazorla

Uruguay starting lineup (4-4-2): Fernando Muslera; Martin Caceres, Diego Lugano, Diego Godin, Maxi Pereira; Nicolas Lodeiro, Alvaro Gonzalez, Diego Perez, Christian Rodriguez, Edinson Cavani, Luis Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Ive done a €2 scorecast. Lewandoski to score 1st poland to win 3-0. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

oppiuy wrote: »
    Ive done a €2 scorecast. Lewandoski to score 1st poland to win 3-0. Fingers crossed

I really hope you loose that bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyTenTrees

Scotland for me are a banker. 8/15 not a great price so I will not only be backing straight win big im also going for the -1 @ 6/4 decent stake. Other bets that appeal to me for this fixture are Scotland/Scotland 13/10 and Scotland to be winning at half time 1/1.

Most of the Estonian squad play in eastern European leagues which are not currently in season, they wont be too prepared and fit for tonight's game and probably will take a while to get into the mix, hence the Scotland half time and Scotland/Scotland picks. With the game being held in Scotland and with new manager Gordon Strachen at the helm I cannot see anything but a comfortable win for Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

oppiuy wrote: »

How patriotic of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Italy dnb for me tonight @ 5/4 . Great value with tose lineups.

Gone for this

tGhk5wg.png

Worth a small stake. They are friendlies after all and they are dodgy

Some strong team by Argentina

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/06/world/friendlies/sweden/argentina/1422121/

I was going to lay off for some guaranteed profit but after seeing that team, surely the overs will come in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Extremely confident of Italy pulling this off

• Advertisement

Gone for this

tGhk5wg.png

Worth a small stake. They are friendlies after all and they are dodgy

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Love a quick win

go wan my son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Sweeden V Argentina - both are last 4/5 over 2.5 goals, this is available generally @ evens. From what i have read Ibra, aguero, Messi will all be available - Max bet for me

Gotta love it 19mins in :)

mrdmb wrote: »

Other thoughts for today

Veitnam vs UAE.. uae DNB

All 5 in...:-D

One for the weekend - I'm going to tie up some of my Argentina winnings on Bournemouth to win at home to Portsmouth on Sat or to be more precise Bournemouth (-1) @ 5/6 with PP and (-2) @ 23/10 with PP too. Bournemouth are in third place and have the top home record in the league scoring 29 and conceeding 13 and have also covered the handicap in 3/5 last home games against much stiffer opposition than Pompy. i'm taking the (-1) now @ 5/6 as i expect it to be more like 8/13 come the weekend

i'm presuming i don't need to go into any details regarding Pomey's woe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Evening all long time lurking here, said I'd post and say thanks for some good selections ;)

Tonight I fancy goals galore in Spain game and England game also. Think Belgium are backable at 1/2 at home to Slovakia. Also Estonia are piss poor and Scotland badly need a win so I'll be having them too.

4-Fold pays 11/2ish
    Spain over 2.5
    England over 2.5
    Belgium win
    Scotland win

Hate international football though so small stakes.
    Gl all
    Binky Bink thank you Belgium. Slovakia equalized with 4 mins to go then Belgium score a winner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Radonman wrote: »
    One for the weekend - I'm going to tie up some of my Argentina winnings on Bournemouth to win at home to Portsmouth on Sat or to be more precise Bournemouth (-1) @ 5/6 with PP and (-2) @ 23/10 with PP too. Bournemouth are in third place and have the top home record in the league scoring 29 and conceeding 13 and have also covered the handicap in 3/5 last home games against much stiffer opposition than Pompy. i'm taking the (-1) now @ 5/6 as i expect it to be more like 8/13 come the weekend

i'm presuming i don't need to go into any details regarding Pomey's woe's.

In the last hour, Paddy Power have already dropped this from 1.83 to 1,72 in the time it took me to decided if this was really worthwhile bet - it was very worthwhile!

They have also moved up the -2 as the more prominent handicap bet, and stuck the -1 near the bottom of their page to hide it :P

Great early shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kevwoody wrote: »
    How patriotic of you!

I take it you took that up with the non-Irish players in the Irish side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Scotland v Estonia

Scotland -1 asian @2.05 LARGE STAKE

Scotland new manager in charge and Estonia are absolute poison they scraped a 1-0 to Andorra, say no more.

And that is why I took the asian!

The pitch was really bad I didn't anticipate that. Scotland should have won by more but really I thought theyd be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I take it you took that up with the non-Irish players in the Irish side?

What's that got to do with it?
    My comment was light-hearted, don't be looking for an argument where there is none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kevwoody wrote: »
    What's that got to do with it?
    My comment was light-hearted, don't be looking for an argument where there is none

Relax, I was taking the mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

There's a friendly starting @ 12 Smolevichi v FC Brest 2, needless to say I know nothing of the calibre of either, but I do recall Brest 2 getting a right hammering either yesterday or day before .. the overs market may be worth watching if there's an early goal

• Advertisement

Smolovichi played against Gomel yesterday and only lost 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

inforfun wrote: »
    Smolovichi played against Gomel yesterday and only lost 2-0

Thanks Infor .... I have a feeling Brest 2 scored 1st in their last match and +4.5 defo came in ... something tells me it was 6-1 defeat

Grrrr .. can't find a market for it ... 1-0 Smolovichi at the moment, 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 3.5 in PSG vs Bastia @ 1.62

(and a tiny bet on CS 4-0, 5-0 or 6-0 @ 4.75 in case it goes over 3.5 and 4-0 is PSG's favorite scoreline)

This game is coming at a bad time for PSG, many of their players played for their national team yesterday (Ibra, Lucas and Matuidi all played 45min, Lavezzi and Verratti came on a sub in the 2nd half) so they'll have only 1 day's rest before this game, and there is the very important CL game vs Valencia on Tuesday. Thiago Silva, Thiago Motta and Sakho are out while Alex is back in the squad.
    Bastia will want to emulate Ajaccio (both teams are from Corsica, a tiny island south of France) who got a 0-0 draw in Paris. Bastia used very defensive tactics twice this season away from home (vs Lille and Toulouse) and both games finished 0-0.
    Their coach said the players were too scared of PSG last time out (lost 4-0) and now they're treating this game more like a cup game where they have nothing to lose. There could even be a surprise draw here imo (but I might be biased cuz I'm a Bastia fan :p)

I'm heading to the cork Leeds friendly soon, very young squad from Leeds, no 1st teamers, should be a strong cork side for their 1st pre season game, any bookies got markets?

Hoping 365 have in play

I'm heading to the cork Leeds friendly soon, very young squad from Leeds, no 1st teamers, should be a strong cork side for their 1st pre season game, any bookies got markets?

Hoping 365 have in play
    Keep us informed please TB

Good strong squad for cork, my fingers are to cold to type.

Leeds young,

Maybe cork Win
    Or over 1.5 which ever odds is better

Over 2.5 match goals too, dry no wind here

Leeds even younger than expected, very young squad bar 3-4 nearly 1st team bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Leeds even younger than expected, very young squad bar 3-4 nearly 1st team bench

Cork ht/Leeds ft maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Think I read your post wrong,As in there are a few fringe players on the bench,I thought you meant the 1st team were subs.

Not touching Corks price on a first pre-season friendly anyway.

I like the overs in the Stoke v Reading game on Saturday @ 11/10 Betvictor.Stoke had 4/5 last homes games over and last 4/5 actual games played over and Reading stats are 3/5 overs in away games and 5/5 in last 5 actual games, scoring 10 and conceeding 22 in away games - cracking value here imo, not full stake as the only fear i have is that Stoke suddenly start defending again and Reading's luck in front of goal runs out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement