Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Castro Anytime @ 4.50 (William Hill are offering 5.00 for some ungodly reason)

He loves this fixture!

Xd7QUzy.png

It should be noted that I am a big fan of his, so maybe I am bias, but having bet on him twice before in this fixture, and having won twice, I have to try again.

Betis and Castro are in much worse form overall right now though than they were in previous H2Hs - so that is a negative. Castro's form has improved in recent weeks though (3 in 5 games) after a bit of a dry spell. He is also still the peno taker I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Going to have a small bet on Betis and the draw . Barca arent in great shape after champs league hammering

tinodz wrote: »
    Castro Anytime @ 4.50 (William Hill are offering 5.00 for some ungodly reason)

He loves this fixture!

Xd7QUzy.png

It should be noted that I am a big fan of his, so maybe I am bias, but having bet on him twice before in this fixture, and having won twice, I have to try again.

Betis and Castro are in much worse form overall right now though than they were in previous H2Hs - so that is a negative. Castro's form has improved in recent weeks though (3 in 5 games) after a bit of a dry spell. He is also still the peno taker I believe.

2 non-Castro Betis gaols...

Not the best end to the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any Italian experts here? Thinking of Barca/PSG and Napoli. Fairly sure of the first 2 but how reliable are Napoli? Treble pays 2.09
    On it anyways

PSG fuuckers :mad:

MrBsrjo.png

French refs today... ruining games for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

I need urgent help, dedicated to my friend!

So he went into Betpack bookmakers shop this morning at 12:24.
    So he betted:
    Pacos Ferrera 13/10
    Real Zaragoza EVS
    Catania 6/5
    Vitoria de Guimaraes 21/20
    Nac Breda 11/10

All teams won for €10 and return is E430+
    The person who took the bet didn't notice that Nac Breda started at 11:30 and My friend noticed he was about 45mins late+. But having done a bit of research Nac Breda were down 1-2 at half time.
    So heres the goal time:
    Nac Breda v Roda
    0-1 13 Mins
    1-1 18 mins
    1-2 33 mins
    Half time score = 1-2 to Roda
    1-3 49 mins
    2-3 58 mins
    3-3 60 mins
    4-3 75 mins
    5-3 81 mins
    So does he lose the chance on the odds of 11/10 or does he get a huge increase on his return as the live betting odds would of changed to maybe 16/1?
    Please any help would be appreciated.
    I'm no expert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

NAC would never have been 16/1 when 2-1 down. That first
    2nd, i guess it will be a void, making that bet a 4fold.

inforfun wrote: »
    NAC would never have been 16/1 when 2-1 down. That first
    2nd, i guess it will be a void, making that bet a 4fold.

I meant 16/1 when they were 3-1 down to Roda...
    But if the bet is void he'd only get half of the return of €400?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

IMO, your friend should be given the better odds. Because when the bet was placed, the betting slip ( what your friend wrote ) would of been scanned at the cashier, and that's why it doesn't really matter what odds were written on the slip, all winning slips would of been checked for accuracy of odds based on the bookies' system of records. ( Not sure if they would check losing slips, guess no point anyway ) So, i would say he is onto a big winner.
    DominicKid wrote: »

So he betted:
    Pacos Ferrera 13/10
    Real Zaragoza EVS
    Catania 6/5
    Nac Breda 11/10

The person who took the bet didn't notice that Nac Breda started at 11:30 and My friend noticed he was about 45mins late+. But having done a bit of research Nac Breda were down 1-2 at half time.
    So heres the goal time:
    Nac Breda v Roda
    0-1 13 Mins
    1-1 18 mins
    1-2 33 mins
    1-3 49 mins
    2-3 58 mins
    3-3 60 mins
    4-3 75 mins
    5-3 81 mins
    So does he lose the chance on the odds of 11/10 or does he get a huge increase on his return as the live betting odds would of changed to maybe 16/1?
    I'm no expert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I meant 16/1 when they were 3-1 down to Roda...
    But if the bet is void he'd only get half of the return of €400?

Was still half time at 12.24

Edit: Like poster above says they "should" payout at the odds at the time of placing the bet. Probably would of been around 4/1 with being a goal down.

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    Was still half time at 12.24

So Nac Breda 2-1 down at HT.
    Probably so in live betting would of been bigger than 11/10 i guess.

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    IMO, your friend should be given the better odds. Because when the bet was placed, the betting slip ( what your friend wrote ) would of been scanned at the cashier, and that's why it doesn't really matter what odds were written on the slip, all winning slips would of been checked for accuracy of odds based on the bookies' system of records. ( Not sure if they would check losing slips, guess no point anyway ) So, i would say he is onto a big winner.

For the original 5 Fold you would get €435

If that one bet is void he would get €207

If they take live odds, which would be around 4/1 I guess, thats €1037

If you 16/1 is accurate - then €3526

€207 is the most likely outcome.

So Nac Breda 2-1 down at HT.
    Probably so in live betting would of been bigger than 11/10 i guess.

Yeah definitely getting bigger price for being a goal down.

But weather they are good too deal with I haven't a clue. But tell the friend too fight his corner smart he might get lucky. Ie don't go ranting and raving ;) if he still isn't happy take it up with IBAS

user2011 wrote: »
    Yeah definitely getting bigger price for being a goal down.

But weather they are good too deal with I haven't a clue. But tell the friend too fight his corner smart he might get lucky. Ie don't go ranting and raving ;) if he still isn't happy take it up with IBAS

Hes a fairly tough fella :mad: so i'm sure hes going to fight if he only gets the 200 LOL and he knows that he won 400:pac:

thanks for the IBAS betting ajudication :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Your mate has a point for the bet to be taken at 2-1 down.
    Just hope for his sake the bookie agrees.

My point of it being voided is because i had something similar myself once but it was at live betting. Match had started already (maybe even finished), team i backed won but the bet was voided.

Kashiwa Reysol v Yokohama F Marinos (Over 3.5) @ 3.00

The team with the top total goals for in the league (Yokohama) against the team 4th on that table (Kashiwa).
    Kashiwa also happen to have the fourth most leakiest defence
    Both teams have a selection of players on the Top Scorers list this season
    Both teams score an average of over 2.00 goals per game - and more importantly they do it both home and away

Kick Off 11AM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

So he betted:
    Pacos Ferrera 13/10
    Real Zaragoza EVS
    Catania 6/5
    Nac Breda 11/10

So heres the goal time:
    Nac Breda v Roda
    0-1 13 Mins
    1-1 18 mins
    1-2 33 mins
    1-3 49 mins
    2-3 58 mins
    3-3 60 mins
    4-3 75 mins
    5-3 81 mins
    I'm no expert!

From my experience and it's happened me twice, if they cover the match in live betting they will honor the bet if not they won't, it happened me once with Rangers where I missed the early kick off but they honoured the bet and once with some German second division game which they voided cause of no in running betting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

1 - 0 within 8 minutes, bodes well Tinodz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

looking forward to see how your buddy gets on dom
    hopefully he gets one of the bigger payouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Went for over 2.5 in the Jap game, looking good :D

• Advertisement

Radonman wrote: »
    From my experience and it's happened me twice, if they cover the match in live betting they will honor the bet if not they won't, it happened me once with Rangers where I missed the early kick off but they honoured the bet and once with some German second division game which they voided cause of no in running betting

what does honor the bet mean?

To honour the bet means to pay out on the price taken, regardless of whether it was right or wrong.

There are circumstances under which they don't have to, and circumstances under which you would generally expect that they would. There are also plenty of grey areas.

Nah he only got the €207 (Odds of 11/10 taken out), bookies rang up in dublin and said he'd would of been much worser if Nac Breda would of lost.

Nah he only got the €207 (Odds of 11/10 taken out), bookies rang up in dublin and said he'd would of been much worser if Nac Breda would of lost.

:pac::pac::pac: sounds like they are doing him a favour but in fact they are bending him over like a good thing

Why can a bookie void a winning part of a bet and not the "losing" part of the bet?

Tell your friend too take it too IBAS and give the bookie back your money. No way would I be happy with that bullsh*t line well if had of lost and lose out on €800+.

Gone with a LOI BTTS fourfold today in the Drogs, Shamrock Rovers, Derry and Limerick games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone backing Kalju in the Estonia league. -2 is 6/4. They beat the same team 5-1 last week in the cup. KO is 5.30. Anyone any info on this??

Doubled with Sunderland dnb @ 3.18. Small stake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

A bit early but Marseille to beat Toulouse on Saturday looks a really great bet.

they only had a pretty small chance of winning the title, but now the situation has changed cuz Leonardo did this to the ref yesterday:

766766558.gif

Now PSG will be docked points because of that (unless the football federation decides it wasn't intentional which I doubt). Plus PSG have a tough away game to Lyon, this is the game that Marseille have to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont blame Leonardo. I would of done worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'd be shocked if PSG were docked points for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Blatter wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if PSG were docked points for it.

Well the rule states that when a match official is shoved/nudged intentionally, the man responsible for it is punished and his club is docked points (it can be just a suspended sentence though)

think no gs is a real possibility in tonite prem game but expected
    bigger prices
    as low as 11/2 pp
    highest betvict at 7s so went with that

expecting a right bore of a game
    both would be happy with a point id imagine though
    i know theres a few here who would like to see stoke
    take all three :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

mailburner wrote: »
    think no gs is a real possibility in tonite prem game but expected
    bigger prices
    as low as 11/2 pp
    highest betvict at 7s so went with that

expecting a right bore of a game
    both would be happy with a point id imagine though
    i know theres a few here who would like to see stoke
    take all three :D

I fancy sunderland to edge it myself stoke are awful away and now have enough points to be safe IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Danny Graham to score anytime 9/4

Avfctom wrote: »
    I fancy sunderland to edge it myself stoke are awful away and now have enough points to be safe IMO

i reckon 1-0 sunder or no goals myself but
    ive been calling everything arseways all weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Craig Gardner to be shown a card - 2/1

John O'Shea to be shown a card - 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Sunderland over 1.5 cards @evens
    Stoke over 2.5 cards @evens
    Both look solid given what's at stake

Adam johnson playing a more advanced role by the looks of it im on

Johnson wincast 11/2

mailburner wrote: »
    i reckon 1-0 sunder or no goals myself but
    ive been calling everything arseways all weekend

and i still am:pac:

Kashiwa Reysol v Yokohama F Marinos (Over 3.5) @ 3.00

The team with the top total goals for in the league (Yokohama) against the team 4th on that table (Kashiwa).
    Kashiwa also happen to have the fourth most leakiest defence
    Both teams have a selection of players on the Top Scorers list this season
    Both teams score an average of over 2.00 goals per game - and more importantly they do it both home and away

Kick Off 11AM

Was busy today - and could not see all this game. Saw it was 1-1 at half time, and thought everything looked good, but they could only get 2-1 by FT.

The J-League is usually very open, and these two teams are usually the most attacking (and at times sloppy) in the league, so there was a good chance of 4 goals coming in i a match like this.

Id did not work out though, which is a pity. Sorry to anyone that followed - which I see a few people did :(
    Bateman wrote: »
    Went for over 2.5 in the Jap game, looking good :D

At least this worked out! Well done to you! Were to odds close to Evens on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Sorry to be a pain but someone here had the t&c's to paddy power free bet for the cl posted, any links to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

A real free money is O Sullivan -4.5 handicap in the final at 1/2 B365:eek::eek:

Ronnie is on a different level and will wana win this quick as possible and get the fack home to sniff his money and pay off his kids school fees.

LUMP MATERIAL!

(not the snooker forum I know but)

18-12 he won, easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

alfalion wrote: »
    Liverpool v Everton draw
    Man U v Chelsea draw
    Parma v Atalanta draw
    Lazio v bologna draw

All 90/1

Man U draw
    Liverpool draw
    Ac Milan
    Freiburg
    Nice
    Btts benfica
    Btts pacos de f

362/1

Really really long shot

Espanyol
    Freiburg
    Man U draw
    Liverpool draw
    Barca draw
    Psg draw

7075/1

All really long shots but like the draw bet . Need 1 to come in after the joke results yesterday. Good luck with everyone else's bets

362/1 out by 2 goals Man U game and sporting not scoring

Wigan at 6/4 to go down is surely a decent shout

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wigan at 6/4 to go down is surely a decent shout

If u look at the remaining fixtures its goung to be tight

Sunderland are on 38 points with southampton home spurs away they will get between 1-3 points imo and leaves them right in it

Newcastle on 38 points have qpr away arsenal home again i see 1-3 points which leaves them right in it also

Norwich on 38 points with west brom home man city away again see 1-3 points and leaves them in it

The teams above i feel have done enough and safe which now leaves wigan who have

Swansea home
    Arsenal away
    Aston villa home

I can see them getting between 3-6 points

This weekend will be huge if norwich Sunderland newcastle all manage to win that will basically relegate wigan one of them slip up and its going to be very hard with all having tough last games for wigan to have any chance they must beat swansea tommorow or its all over IMO

If i had to choose one now i would put my money on norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I've just put a few quid on Southampton to go down at 34/1. Could easily see them getting 1 or 0 points out of their last two games (Sunderland & Stoke), and Wigan winning two and their other relegation rivals one. Well that's what I'm telling myself anyway...

Now that I see the fixtures might do Fulham as well at 40/1...

Fulham have a much better goal difference so that's the same as an extra point. They'd be very unfortunate to go down.

Was busy today - and could not see all this game. Saw it was 1-1 at half time, and thought everything looked good, but they could only get 2-1 by FT.

The J-League is usually very open, and these two teams are usually the most attacking (and at times sloppy) in the league, so there was a good chance of 4 goals coming in i a match like this.

Id did not work out though, which is a pity. Sorry to anyone that followed - which I see a few people did :(

At least this worked out! Well done to you! Were to odds close to Evens on this?

10/11 with whackers so not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fulham have a much better goal difference so that's the same as an extra point. They'd be very unfortunate to go down.

I've split the last few quid in my PP account between Fulham and Villa, got all the outsiders covered now...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement