Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Villa @ 30/1 to be relegated on betfair ... hmmm I think I'll have a bit of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Villa @ 30/1 to be relegated on betfair ... hmmm I think I'll have a bit of that.

Id be shocked if we went down tbh been playing very well can see us taking a point off chelsea saturday with the europa league final 4 days later and should see us safe and can see us getting a result at wigan last day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Avfctom wrote: »
    Id be shocked if we went down tbh been playing very well can see us taking a point off chelsea saturday with the europa league final 4 days later and should see us safe and can see us getting a result at wigan last day

Maybe but 30/1 is a big price. Villa are not a good side but they may not be as bad as those around them and that might save them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

07 May 19:45 Wigan v Swansea
    Wigan are a little on the short side to win against Swansea at 17/20. It must be noted that Wigan have only 4 home wins all season. However half of these wins have come in the previous 3 home games and their form has picked up like it usually does this time of the year.
    The bookies clearly have the prices like this as there is no doubt which side needs the points more. Since Swansea's League Cup win their form has tapered off badly. Since the triumph on the 24th February they played 8 league games with a record of (W1 D3 L4). They have also lost 4 of their last 5 away from home and I'd be inclined to take the Wigan win even if the price is a little on the short side.
    Wigan win 17/20 - Need the points and have the better form
    McManaman anytime 13/5 - Has scored in his last 2 league games. Confidence should be high.

08 May 19:45 Chelsea v Tottenham

Bale anytime at 7/5 appeals. The outstanding Welshman although not 100% fit in the last couple of games has still scored on his last 4 starts. He has already found the net at Old Trafford and the Emirates this season so he won't be fazed by the big occasion.
    I'm inclined to think this will be a draw. 3 of the last 5 league meetings have ended all square. This will be Chelsea's 3rd game since Thursday evening and you have to suspect a little bit of fatigue will creep in.
    Bale anytime 7/5
    Draw 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Taking Hougang United v young Lions. the odds are low at 4/9 but Young Lions have lost every game this season so far and Hougang have won the two games previous and lost the three before.

Small stake on hougang ht/ft too.

edit: match kicks off at 12.30

Maybe but 30/1 is a big price. Villa are not a good side but they may not be as bad as those around them and that might save them.

There a young side with alot of potential and a very big threat going forward just shaky at the back but even so the defence has improvwd and the team will only get better imo its 30/1 for a reason your basically banking on villa not to get another point wigan to pick up six and sunderland newcastle southampton all to pick up points in difficult games after sunderland drew yesterday and sunderland southampton playing each other next villa are guranteed to be above either sunderland or southampton come the last day which means sunderland who play spurs away and southampton who play stoke home will need to better villas result at wigan if sunderland fail to beat southampton and villa lose to chelsea your backing sunderland to get a win at spurs just cant see it my self and your also backing norwich to beat west brom and better villas result away at man city

There a young side with alot of potential and a very big threat going forward just shaky at the back but even so the defence has improvwd and the team will only get better imo its 30/1 for a reason your basically banking on villa not to get another point wigan to pick up six and sunderland newcastle southampton all to pick up points in difficult games after sunderland drew yesterday and sunderland southampton playing each other next villa are guranteed to be above either sunderland or southampton come the last day which means sunderland who play spurs away and southampton who play stoke home will need to better villas result at wigan if sunderland fail to beat southampton and villa lose to chelsea your backing sunderland to get a win at spurs just cant see it my self and your also backing norwich to beat west brom and better villas result away at man city

Yep I am but I think it wont be 30/1 in the morning if Wigan win tonight. Its not inconceivable for Villa to lose both of their remaining games. But even at that they might stay up. Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle are really struggling at the moment.

Personally I dont think Villa will go down but 30/1 is too big to pass up. Lots of value in it and could have loads of trade potential if things go against Villa tonight and at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

I would say Villa are safe
    It's looking most likely 1 of Wigan or Norwich in my opinion
    A draw Saturday between Sunderland and Southampton should see both safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Man city over 0.5cards 4/6

Seems like easy money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shane St. wrote: »

08 May 19:45 Chelsea v Tottenham

Bale anytime at 7/5 appeals. The outstanding Welshman although not 100% fit in the last couple of games has still scored on his last 4 starts. He has already found the net at Old Trafford and the Emirates this season so he won't be fazed by the big occasion.
    I'm inclined to think this will be a draw. 3 of the last 5 league meetings have ended all square. This will be Chelsea's 3rd game since Thursday evening and you have to suspect a little bit of fatigue will creep in.
    Bale anytime 7/5
    Draw 11/4

Bale has been very good to me this season, so will be following that.

Decided to take out 75% of my winnings from the 20/1 Bayern bet and treat myself to a few things. Didn't do that when I was on my last run and was disgusted when I wasted and blew all my money. Want to get something nice for myself this time :P But what's left then is going on Bale anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Taking Hougang United v young Lions. the odds are low at 4/9 but Young Lions have lost every game this season so far and Hougang have won the two games previous and lost the three before.

Small stake on hougang ht/ft too.

edit: match kicks off at 12.30

1 -0 to Hougang United. Young Lions lose yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Team corners market on Bet365 really annoys me sometimes, West Brom over 3.5 corners @ 8/13...why can't they just go over 4.5 @ 1/1

Bale has been very good to me this season, so will be following that.

Decided to take out 75% of my winnings from the 20/1 Bayern bet and treat myself to a few things. Didn't do that when I was on my last run and was disgusted when I wasted and blew all my money. Want to get something nice for myself this time :P But what's left then is going on Bale anytime.

Haha yea I was a wreck during the Spurs game at the weekend. it was my biggest bet of the season, thankfully it came in but I'm up huge this year now. I've had like one losing weekend this year so it'll be a good summer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Wigan v Swansea
    Shaun Maloney anytime goal assist 3/1
    Maloney been Wigan's main player lately, setting up 2 goals at the weekend against West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

magherakid wrote: »
    Wigan v Swansea
    Maloney been Wigan's main player lately, setting up 2 goals at the weekend against West Brom

That's ****ed up magher! Just after placing that bet and just after seeing your post now :pac: You're right though, looks great value considering he's on a lot of Wigan' set pieces too. Also have few quid on Maloney first scorer @ 13/2 (1st assist cashback) as he is good for a goal too and Wigan will need all their best players at it tonight

• Advertisement

Good luck Fowler i hope we collect

magherakid wrote: »
    Wigan v Swansea

I'll admit it's not a bet I have done often this season but does any1 think the bookies don't get the market with assists.
    Maloney is 15/8 to score anytime yet he's 3/1 for anytime assist. If you look at his form this season, he has 5 goals and 9 assists :confused::confused:
    Not that I am complaining but surely the prices should be the other way around. I will have a bit of that too

Its not a bet i would do either Shane but it caught my eye

Lads, does that assist bet include pens and free kicks?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lads, does that assist bet include pens and free kicks?

What is an assist?

- Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the last touch to the goalscorer.
    - In the event of a penalty or free kick, the player earning the penalty or free kick gets an assist if a goal is directly scored.
    - For any assists disputes, bets will be based on the decision of the Press Association (PA) immediately after the match is finished.
    - Unlike First Goalscorer betting, own goals DO count in Assist Betting.

Unassisted Goals:

- Winner of the First Assist market will be the player who is deemed to have assisted the 1st goal of the game, not the player to have the first assist of the game.
    - If there is no assist for the 1st goal, 'First Goal Unassisted' will be deemed the winner. Bets will not oll onto the player who assists the 2nd Goal.
    - In matches ending 0:0, 'No Goal' will be deemed the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Atlantas vs zalgiris @ 1.83

1st vs 2nd, both teams met in the Lithuanian cup twice last month and the games finished 0-0 and 1-0

Cheers, looks a good bet so. Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Is that on paddy I can't see it?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Is that on paddy I can't see it?

Cheers

Boyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Boyles have been doing it for yonks, most of the value is gone out of the market to be honest but there's an odd decent punt here and there.
    Maloney good value at that, but I pray for a Swansea win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Double of Wigan and Roma for me

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

What do you guys think of Wigan over 1.5 cards ??

robertowjr wrote: »
    What do you guys think of Wigan over 1.5 cards ??

I am on it myself although Man City over 0.5 cards @4/6 appears to be bet of the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Fitzcal wrote: »
    I am on it myself although Man City over 0.5 cards @4/6 appears to be bet of the night

Where do you find these bets? I assume there not on Paddy Power anyway?

Wouldnt expect Man City players to be making too many tackles tonight. A red card means missing wembley. Any other night and that would be a great bet

• Advertisement

They didn't get a card last match, so sure they will get one tonight!
    City aren't playing for anything but the price is to good to pass.

I'm going on a double, Wigan over 1.5 cards and City over 0.5 cards @ 2.87

Bet365 has City over 0.5 and Wigan over 1.5, odds around 1.6ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

City are still looking too secure second place 4 points ahead of Chelsea with 9 points still to be played for.

I don't think City will put out a strong team tonight with FA Cup the weekend so no need to be worrying about players missing the final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I've not seen recent Swansea matches. Are they really that bad now that they are 7/2 to win against Wigan? Is it the bookies are just going on how Wigan NEED to win, or that they SHOULD win based on form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

On goals in UCD V Bohs later,

Asian Goal Line 3.00 @ 3.100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

TEAMS - CITY: Hart, Richards, Kolo Toure, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko;

Subs: Pantilimon, Maicon, Nastasic, Barry, Silva, Razak, Aguero

WBA: Myhill, Tamas, Dawson, Olsson, Jones, Mulumbu, Morrison, Yacob, Ridgewell, Rosenberg, Lukaku;

Subs: Foster, McAuley, Popov, Dorrans, Reid, Odemwingie, Long

Garcia stand out to get a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Small stakes on Maloney and McManaman anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Desko anytime for me @ 13/10

Gary Caldwell to be shown a card 15/8

• Advertisement

What price is monk to be booked? The lad is a donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Half stake on Desko anytime (2.50) Maloney Anytime (3.50) double

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What price is monk to be booked? The lad is a donkey

9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Atlantas vs zalgiris @ 1.83

1st vs 2nd, both teams met in the Lithuanian cup twice last month and the games finished 0-0 and 1-0

FT 0-1 :D

That's a yellow, right?

edit: great, just waiting for Wigan now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Desko anytime for me @ 13/10

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Radonman wrote: »

I didnt see anyone called Desko score ;)

Bet365 are normally the best although you may have to do the bets before they put the game up on the in play section
    Normally up to 15mins before the game kicks off

After tonights result that all but dooms wigan a point for newcastle at qpr norwich at home to west brom sunderland at home to southampton will mean nothink but a win at the emirates for wigan will relegate them so villa are safe barring a miracle

robertowjr wrote: »
    They didn't get a card last match, so sure they will get one tonight!
    City aren't playing for anything but the price is to good to pass.

I'm going on a double, Wigan over 1.5 cards and City over 0.5 cards @ 2.87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Tottenham DNB 7/4 [Vital game for Spurs]
    Napoli 8/11 [Must win to finish to finish 2nd in Seria A]
    Atletico Madrid 20/21 [Must win/draw to secure top 3 finish]
    Real Madrid 2/9 [Must win game to finish 2nd in the La Liga]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement