Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Anybody think Spur's can mount a serious title challenge next season?

They've as good a squad at the back and in midfield as any side in the league I think.They really lack cover out wide with only Bale and Lennon to choose from and they're drastically short of quality up front.But if they could bring in a decent winger and striker and a really top class striker I think they could pose a threat to the usual suspect's at the top.

Around 50s or lower on Betfair now but pretty short with most of the bookie's.I think the main problem with backing them now is taking a price on good faith that Bale will stay and that they'll improve the squad.Also City and Chelsea could do anything in the Summer.But with the like's of Chelsea and United bringing in new face's at the helm over the Summer I could see a more stable Spur's side take advantage.

Cue someone quoting my post,Putting the first line in bold and simply replying "no". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

No

(Didn't quote)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

bradlente wrote: »

They've as good a squad at the back and in midfield as any side in the league I think.They really lack cover out wide with only Bale and Lennon to choose from and they're drastically short of quality up front.But if they could bring in a decent winger and striker and a really top class striker I think they could pose a threat to the usual suspect's at the top.

Around 50s or lower on Betfair now but pretty short with most of the bookie's.I think the main problem with backing them now is taking a price on good faith that Bale will stay and that they'll improve the squad.Also City and Chelsea could do anything in the Summer.But with the like's of Chelsea and United bringing in new face's at the helm over the Summer I could see a more stable Spur's side take advantage.

Cue someone quoting my post,Putting the first line in bold and simply replying "no". :pac:

They have a better chance than any other year IMO. However, so do a lot of other teams.

Arsenal is going to finally have a bit of solid money to spend.
    Chelsea should have Jose (which is big IMO)
    Manchini should be able to demand blank checks for the biggest players
    Man U should be somewhat short of the team they were this season - as Moyes settles
    Everton will most likely take time to recover from Moyes loss
    Liverpool will... erm... I dunno

I think it is going to be a very tight Top 4 (and Top 6) for 2013/14. If it is that tight, anyone could win it if they put together a decent run - even Liverpool, maybe (if their Away form stops sucking) :P

Speaking of which, I wonder would any bookie give me odds on picking the 2013/14 Top 6 (not in order)

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool to all be in the Top 6 seems a decent bet

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Anyone else fancy wigan v city, both teams to score?? 5/6 on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Treble:

Bayern -2
    Dortmund -1
    Villa v Chelsea BTTS

10.31/1 on paddy power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Avfctom wrote: »
    Call me biased but can see villa getting a draw let alone losing by two gabby agbonlahor anytime 3/1 scored 6 in 7 for me

Laying Chelsea, Villa finally playing with some confidence and Chelsea have had a ton of games recently. Fancy them to get something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

tinodz wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I wonder would any bookie give me odds on picking the 2013/14 Top 6 (not in order)

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool to all be in the Top 6 seems a decent bet

Wouldn't be great odds because you ain't putting them in order

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-season-top-6

tinodz wrote: »
    They have a better chance than any other year IMO. However, so do a lot of other teams.

Arsenal is going to finally have a bit of solid money to spend.
    Chelsea should have Jose (which is big IMO)
    Manchini should be able to demand blank checks for the biggest players
    Man U should be somewhat short of the team they were this season - as Moyes settles
    Everton will most likely take time to recover from Moyes loss
    Liverpool will... erm... I dunno

I think it is going to be a very tight Top 4 (and Top 6) for 2013/14. If it is that tight, anyone could win it if they put together a decent run - even Liverpool, maybe (if their Away form stops sucking) :P

With Arsenal I wonder,Haven't they alway's had money to spend?It just never seem's to come together for them anymore.They have probably the best midfield in the league with Wilshere and Santi,But they're so weak at the back and I wouldn't rate their attack any better than Spurs at this stage.
    Chelsea possibly having Jose is massive of course,I think depending how they fare over the Summer they could be favourite's come September.I was interested in looking at their price as soon as I heard Fergie was out the door and it immediately dropped.But like Bale's future,Jose's isn't certain either.I wouldn't argue against a Chelsea bet at all if Jose arrive's but they're too short for me.I have slight doubt's about their midfield too,With Luiz in and out and the like's of Oscar and Jon Obi doing ok but not looking the standard of Lampard or Ramires imo.
    City could sign anyone but anyone is just as likely to kick up a fuss for them.They're a brilliant side but have so many ego's to manage.With United I've no idea and with Pool I'd say they'll improve but doubt a major challenge is on the card's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Bit early for the ante-posts, no? I mean, there's a whole summer of wheeling and dealing ahead. At least three of the front runners will have new managers and possibly a fourth (I'd guess AVB and, sadly, The Rodgers are safe for another year, but Mancini could well be replaced by August.) Also, the small matter of waiting a year for your money.

With Arsenal I wonder,Haven't they alway's had money to spend?It just never seem's to come together for them anymore.They have probably the best midfield in the league with Wilshere and Santi,But they're so weak at the back and I wouldn't rate their attack any better than Spurs at this stage.
    Chelsea possibly having Jose is massive of course,I think depending how they fare over the Summer they could be favourite's come September.I was interested in looking at their price as soon as I heard Fergie was out the door and it immediately dropped.But like Bale's future,Jose's isn't certain either.I wouldn't argue against a Chelsea bet at all if Jose arrive's but they're too short for me.I have slight doubt's about their midfield too,With Luiz in and out and the like's of Oscar and Jon Obi doing ok but not looking the standard of Lampard or Ramires imo.
    City could sign anyone but anyone is just as likely to kick up a fuss for them.They're a brilliant side but have so many ego's to manage.With United I've no idea and with Pool I'd say they'll improve but doubt a major challenge is on the card's.

Second best defensive record in the league this season!

If RVP had stayed Arsenal could conceivably have been challenging for the title.

I'm not sure if there was ever big money there in the past few years, certainly more than was spent but not the stacks of money that has been reported. Two new commercial deals have been signed recently with Emirites and Puma which dwarf the current ones so that means there should be a genuine kitty there this summer.

A marquee striker and perhaps a experienced centre half and right full back and Arsenal could be right up there I think

*Disclaimer I am an Arsenal fan

** If we don't make the CL none of the above will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Marseille
    Chelsea
    Borussia Dortmund
    Real Madrid
    All to win - 44/5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

thats a tip? more like a hope

It might be worth while when the new season starts changing the "Daily Bets & Banter" thread into a "All Random Accumulators with no Reasoning; Post Here!" thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Avfctom wrote: »
    Call me biased but can see villa getting a draw let alone losing by two gabby agbonlahor anytime 3/1 scored 6 in 7 for me

as low as 15/8
    I think there'll be goals in this
    just took 11/4 with skybet which is the best out
    there bar 888 sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It might be worth while when the new season starts changing the "Daily Bets & Banter" thread into a "All Random Accumulators with no Reasoning; Post Here!" thread :P

That is actually what the daily bets & banter" is for.

But we could start a thread (soon) for season long bets.

With all the transfers that will be coming during the summer i think it is a good idea to leave out the "next season this and that team will be champion" posts out of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

You obviously haven't watched Michael Dawson playing much! Great lad at letting a ball hit him and other pieces of "tigerish defending", but as for proper defending, he's lost; see both Chelsea's goals the other night. Tottenham depend solely on bale. Outside him they're an athletic, hard-working yet utterly average outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    BATE Borisov
    Under 2.5 in Pogon vs Belchatow
    @ 1.79

This is BATE's first game at their own stadium this season, their previous "home" games were played away from home cuz an undersoil heating system was being installed. Just can't see BATE losing two games in a row, and they can't afford to drop any more points cuz their next game will be vs the league leaders.

Pogon have the 2nd worst attack in the league and Belchatow have a great GK. 9 of Belchatow's last 10 games have gone under 2.5, not to mention that there's a lot at stake for both teams so it should be a tight game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

mailburner wrote: »
    as low as 15/8
    there bar 888 sport

I got 3/1 with paddypower couple days ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

inforfun wrote: »
    That is actually what the daily bets & banter" is for.

But we could start a thread (soon) for season long bets.

With all the transfers that will be coming during the summer i think it is a good idea to leave out the "next season this and that team will be champion" posts out of this thread.

Oh I know it's what it's for. Just that it's not what it's really used for, and a renaming might encourage the 200/1 accumulators to be posted in there so that genuine attempts at tips are more easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Bayern,Chelsea and man city all to win and 5 goals or more in each match

90/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Looking at Verona in Serie B today to beat Juve Stabia. Good record against Stabia and need to win to move into automatic promotion spots.

Looking at Freiburg to beat Geurther Furth in Bundesliga. Freiburg in euro spots and Furth relegated.

On goal scoring form taking BTTS in Villa v Chelsea and AC v Roma tomorrow. BTTS in Porto v Benfica too as has come in for head to head last 3 encounters (as has over 3.5)

Think Athletico Bilbao should take Mallorca at home and like the look of over 1.5 second half goals Espanol v Real at 8/11

Good luck all hope its a profitable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

as low as 15/8
    there bar 888 sport

After teams announced villa drifted u can get gabby at 16/5 i love this man already living my dream but if he scores today il be buzzing lol had another bet on gabby

Agbonlahor anytime 16/5 £50
    Villa or draw 11/10 £20

Matta was (almost) the only player not to score in the reverse fixture to this earlier this year

Mata Anytime @ 2/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Las do you think PSG will be docked points?

Something is up here...

2cKDWBL.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

A lot of in-fighting going on the media press conference was cancelled because Madrid were afraid of what Mourinho would say :D

Chelsea a goal down and a stupid red card... -_-

Irish94 wrote: »
    Las do you think PSG will be docked points?

Well the League seems to be against the very wealthy clubs (there's a big scandal with Monaco atm, basically they asked Monaco €200 million to stay in the French league :pac:) Anyway, if the rules are respected then PSG will be docked points, something similar happened to Ajaccio last season, someone kicked the assistant referee and they were docked 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Well the League seems to be against the very wealthy clubs (there's a big scandal with Monaco atm, basically they asked Monaco €200 million to stay in the French league :pac:) Anyway, if the rules are respected then PSG will be docked points, something similar happened to Ajaccio last season, someone kicked the assistant referee and they were docked 2 points.

I see, if they get docked points will it be 2 points or more do you think?

Irish94 wrote: »
    I see, if they get docked points will it be 2 points or more do you think?

PSG being rich as hell, they've probably hired the best lawyers in the country, so I doubt they'll get a harsher penalty than Ajaccio. Or maybe they'll try to delay the decision as long as possible so that the penalty will apply to the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Fulham 5/2 win or Berbatov 21/10 anytime 2 big prices not to be missed imo

francie81 wrote: »
    Fulham 5/2 win or Berbatov 21/10 anytime 2 big prices not to be missed imo

Pool missing Agger, Gerrard and of course Suarez.

Skertel and Carra partnership

Berba anytime looks good alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

City -1 at 10/11. No time for a proper write up but I'm pretty confident of this. Going pretty large too, everytime I've gone big recently it has come in. Here's hoping, gonna call it quits for the season if this doesn't come in

Dortmund UGH

Shane St. wrote: »
    City -1 at 10/11. No time for a proper write up but I'm pretty confident of this. Going pretty large too, everytime I've gone big recently it has come in. Here's hoping, gonna call it quits for the season if this doesn't come in

good luck with that
    was torn between this/htft or aguero wincast

you made up my mind for me :pac:

i'd love to see wigan lift the cup but I don't give them a prayer if im being honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

McManaman anytime scorer @ 7/1. High enough price considering he's been big player for Wigan in their cup run scoring some important goals. Playing up top too. Good young player and that name has done well in finals before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Given that both Figueroa and Beausejour are out, Espinoza will be playing left wing-back for Wigan, not a natural position for him and he usually doesn't get in the team much anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's targeted today, and with 3 CB's Wigan should force City wide to the flanks.

Espinoza first booked at 9/1
    James Milner MOTM at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

TG860 wrote: »
    James Milner MOTM at 16/1

on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

magherakid wrote: »
    on the bench

Crap..
    I looked on twitter for the squads and some fecker tweeted the line-up with him in it. :confused:
    Oh well :o

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Pool missing Agger, Gerrard and of course Suarez.

Skertel and Carra partnership

Berba anytime looks good alright

May 2011 Liverpool playing away to Fulham similar results coming in for Liverpool but Fulham were drawing a lot before the game Liverpool won 2-5

alfalion wrote: »
    May 2011 Liverpool playing away to Fulham similar results coming in for Liverpool but Fulham were drawing a lot before the game Liverpool won 2-5

I wouldn't be too inclined to care about results from two seasons ago to be honest!

Double:
    BATE Borisov
    Under 2.5 in Pogon vs Belchatow
    @ 1.79
    A bit early but Marseille to beat Toulouse on Saturday looks a really great bet.

Double boom :D

I've put the winnings from those two bets on this double:
    Bastia double chance
    Man Utd
    @ 1.56

Thauvin (Bastia) anytime @ 2.90

10 Accumulator For Sunday - €10
    Fulham Double Chance 8/11 [Home]
    Norwich 13/10 [Home]
    Newcastle 5/4 [Away]
    Real Betis 9/10 [Home]
    Bologna DNB 10/3 [Away]
    Motherwell Draw No Bet 1/2 [Home]
    Napoli 1/3 [Home]
    Lazio 3/10 [Home]
    Nice DNB 20/21 [Away]
    Malaga DNB 9/10 [Home]

Good Luck Everyone and Most Importantly Me!

I don't know if it's early for Antepost,Hard to know where the price's will go.If they're up I figure it's alway's worth considering.

Walnut's-Arsenal have the second best defense in the league and I pretty much agree with you in term's of what they need to improve.But they lack depth at the back far more than their rival's I think.I'd say they could even do without another centre-half if they bought two full back's.They're constantly having to shift centre-back's out wide to deputize and if they could free up their central player's to play in the middle I think they'd have more consistency.

Also I wouldn't consider Dawson first choice,I'd say Spur's best backline is Ekotto-Vertonghen-Kaboul-Walker.At least Dawson represent's good competition for place's though.

i'd love to see wigan lift the cup but I don't give them a prayer if im being honest

man im good :pac:

• Advertisement

Tuesday...

Wigan Win @ 9.00

Wenger-sad.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Eugh. Nasty end to the season but I have to say this thread is fantastic and it's been a great run by me. See ye all next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    McManaman anytime scorer @ 7/1. High enough price considering he's been big player for Wigan in their cup run scoring some important goals. Playing up top too. Good young player and that name has done well in finals before ;)

Motm but no goal :o Sort of sums up my luck this year. Fair play to lad and Wigan though had a great game and fully deserved win

Wigan and Swansea were 6300/1 to win the cups.

Anyone on it? :pac:

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too inclined to care about results from two seasons ago to be honest!

Ok! I Can see Liverpool doing something similar and no before u ask not based on what happened 2 years ago ,But based on similar circumstances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement