Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Blatter wrote: »
    Pinnacle don't do obscure bets either, they don't even do goalscorer markets. It's mainly the win/draw/win market they offer and they are best price on that around 90% of the time in fairness. Also their maximum bets are the highest and they'll never close you down for winning.

for me obscure bets means obscure leagues rather than halftime/fulltime, first goalscorer combo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The French bookies no longer accept bets on games involving two teams that have nothing to play for :( It's a pity cuz PSG next week is an absolute banker, they will want to celebrate the title at home in front of their fans and Brest are the worst team in Ligue 1 and have virtually all their defenders out through injuries or suspensions.
    The odds on Ajaccio will surely drop a lot too, Ajaccio need to win to secure survival and Rennes also have almost all their defenders out through injuries, they have to play with reserves and two of them were sent off in the last game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The French bookies no longer accept bets on games involving two teams that have nothing to play for :(

Is there no way you can open up say a betfair account from France? Do they actually have restrictions on you joining? And if so, would there not be any way around it, like fiddling with your IP address while signing up or something?

Very interested about that, France must have ridiculous gambling laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Do you lot think BetFair is the best site then?

Yes, if you do single bets on football in big leagues. If you like multiples or wincasts, or bet on smaller leagues, then maybe not.

Blatter wrote: »
    Is there no way you can open up say a betfair account from France? Do they actually have restrictions on you joining? And if so, would there not be any way around it, like fiddling with your IP address while signing up or something?

Very interested about that, France must have ridiculous gambling laws.

Every time I tried to join a foreign bookie, I got a message saying registration is not permitted, and I don't wanna get into trouble in case they find out I changed my IP address.

Yea the gambling laws here are a joke, betting online has only been legal since 2010 :pac: I don't even know how Bwin managed to get a licence in France considering that all the other foreign bookies are blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Every time I tried to join a foreign bookie, I got a message saying registration is not permitted, and I don't wanna get into trouble in case they find out I changed my IP address.

Yea the gambling laws here are a joke, betting online has only been legal since 2010 :pac: I don't even know how Bwin managed to get a licence in France considering that all the other foreign bookies are blocked.

It would be legal to use a virtual machine in another country thou and just access it from France, I'm sure

Double for 6:45 pm

oN3Ez9z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

PaddyPower
    Waiting money to appear on your CC/Bank takes very long. 3 Days average time to appear.

DominicKid wrote: »
    PaddyPower
    Waiting money to appear on your CC/Bank takes very long. 3 Days average time to appear.

That's normal

• Advertisement

It would be legal to use a virtual machine in another country thou and just access it from France, I'm sure

Not sure I understand what you're saying here, but that doesn't look very legal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

The French bookies no longer accept bets on games involving two teams that have nothing to play for :( It's a pity cuz PSG next week is an absolute banker, they will want to celebrate the title at home in front of their fans and Brest are the worst team in Ligue 1 and have virtually all their defenders out through injuries or suspensions.
    The odds on Ajaccio will surely drop a lot too, Ajaccio need to win to secure survival and Rennes also have almost all their defenders out through injuries, they have to play with reserves and two of them were sent off in the last game!

Rennes look in brutal form as well,Lost 8 of their last 9!

bradlente wrote: »
    Rennes look in brutal form as well,Lost 8 of their last 9!

Yea the players just don't care any more, the manager announced he was leaving at the end of the season and they have nothing to play for. Not to mention all the injured players.

Gone for Under 2.5 in Caen vs Nantes @ 1.53

this game could decide who gets promoted

Double for 6:45 pm

oN3Ez9z.jpg

3 - 0 and 3 - 1 missed by a goal :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 - 0 and 3 - 1 missed by a goal :mad:

Pity it took them over an hour to get their first.

Gone for Under 2.5 in Caen vs Nantes @ 1.53

this game could decide who gets promoted

FT 0-1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Am I missing something but the overs in the Limerick v Drogehda game at 5/4 seems a gift , limerick are 4/5 and Drogehda are 5/5 overs - so why the great odds

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ACCA trainee

Hi I am looking for a decent football tipping service if there is such a thing and I was wondering if anyone has used Stark Investors Footy Lays, they basically lay the draw. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ACCA trainee

Radonman wrote: »
    Am I missing something but the overs in the Limerick v Drogehda game at 5/4 seems a gift , limerick are 4/5 and Drogehda are 5/5 overs - so why the great odds

From having a quick look at it it is mainly to do with their respective home and away forms,
    Yes Limerick are 4/5 of their last 5 games going over but only 2 of their 6 home games were over with 2 0-0 draws,
    Similarly yes Drogheda are 5/5 of their last 5 games going over but are 3/6 away from home.
    I have not made up my mind but both side look like they are able to find the net easily at the moment, I do not want to put you off the bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Tight game tonight, a lot on the line for both teams....

What do you think of under 2.5 @ 17/10...thoughts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Paddy sucking me in with this
    Might go with walcott
    We'll refund your losing First Goalscorer Text Bet as a FREE Bet if he scores at Anytime in tonight's Premier League Matches! Paddy Power Text Exclusive! Max refund €50 Free Text Bet. Text your bet to 51465 eg 50 FG PODOLSKI or 50 FG TEVEZ. For no more offers send STOP to 51465.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

From having a quick look at it it is mainly to do with their respective home and away forms,
    Yes Limerick are 4/5 of their last 5 games going over but only 2 of their 6 home games were over with 2 0-0 draws,
    Similarly yes Drogheda are 5/5 of their last 5 games going over but are 3/6 away from home.
    I have not made up my mind but both side look like they are able to find the net easily at the moment, I do not want to put you off the bet.

Thanks for the reply but too late for me , i took the 5/4 on offer (in to 11/10), weather has been hit an miss all day in the area - lovely one minute showery the next so hopefully stays dry for the game:pac:

Bordeaux to qualify @ 1.62 (semi final of the French Cup)

Game of the season for Bordeaux, the Cup is their priority as it's their only chance of playing in Europe next season. They have no important missings, they were finally back to their best last weekend, they created a ton of chances and even missed a penalty.
    Troyes still have a chance of staying up, so the league is their priority, their top scorer Nivet is suspended and their highly rated GK Thuram will sit on the bench tonight.
    Another thing... Troyes's next game in the league is again vs Bordeaux at home on Saturday, Bordeaux are favorites to win tonight @ 1.95 and Troyes are favorites to win on Saturday @ 2.35... the odds are spot on imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Wigan +2 @ 4/5. I'm sure they will be tired after the FA Cup win but they are fighting for their lives and I expect this game to be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Wigan +2 @ 4/5. I'm sure they will be tired after the FA Cup win but they are fighting for their lives and I expect this game to be close.

I cant see it wembley would of drained wigan physically abd mrntally playing against a rested arsenal team looking to cement there top 4 spot im on arsenal win arsenal -1 and small stakes on arsenal 3-0 and walcott wincast along with my main bet double of arsenal win bordeaux qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Really looking hard at the card markets in the Wigan game.

Ref (Dean) is card happy

VNPOsOM.png

This is a huge game for both teams. In reality neither can afford to lose - so more than a few desperate tackles will go in.

This fixture in 2012/13 - when Wigan were once fighting hard against relegation - had 5 Yellows. However, the ref in that game (Andre Marriner) only gave an average of 3 Yellows per game for that whole season.

If that ref saw fit to up his average for that game, then today, with a ref that finds it easier to card players, quite a few cards should be seen.

With that in mind, four bets...

Over 40 Points Total @ 1.83 (Bigger bet)
    Arsenal Over 20 points @ 3.10 (Normal stake)
    Wigan Athletic Over 30 points @ 2.88 (Normal stake)
    Over 60 Points @ 4.00 (chancing my arm with a half stake - need a red for this to have a chance to be honest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Wigan +2 and BTTS in Reading v City double

4/5 and 7/10 on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

FC Bruhl 4/9 Vs FC Hurth

Playing for top spot against relegation team at home

FC Hurth have lost 7 on the bounce

makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Prima Radona

Arsenal are nailed on for top four.

I just lumped on at 1.75 with 188bet. Counting the cash already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

As an Arsenal fan, thanks for that jinx!

PS We are certainly not nailed on

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan, thanks for that jinx!

PS We are certainly not nailed on
    Don't sweat it, won't be a problem.

Wigan are awful and Newcastle have nothing to play for. Money in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

*looks for odds fo Arsenal to finish 5th*

:P

Don't sweat it, won't be a problem.

Wigan are awful and Newcastle have nothing to play for. Money in the bank.

You didn't by any chance fall into a coma around 2004 and are only waking up now?

tinodz wrote: »
    *looks for odds fo Arsenal to finish 5th*

:P
    Work away if ya want to throw yer money away.

I'll be on here counting my winnings at around 9:40pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Work away if ya want to throw yer money away.

I'll be on here counting my winnings at around 9:40pm.

no after timing here .. especially before the match has even kicked off

jebus84 wrote: »
    no after timing here .. especially before the match has even kicked off
    What do you mean?

I've posted my bet, I can post what I want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What do you mean?

I've posted my bet, I can post what I want.

You really are a Prima Dona:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

doesn't look like you'll be getting a big return, but depends on the stake ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Aguero anytime @ evens. I know city aren't flying but there should be few goals in this and its good price on Aguero scoring

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Aguero anytime @ evens. I know city aren't flying but there should be few goals in this and its good price on Aguero scoring

Enhanced anytime wincast with PP @ 2/1 if you're interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

tinodz wrote: »
    Really looking hard at the card markets in the Wigan game.

Ref (Dean) is card happy

VNPOsOM.png

This is a huge game for both teams. In reality neither can afford to lose - so more than a few desperate tackles will go in.

This fixture in 2012/13 - when Wigan were once fighting hard against relegation - had 5 Yellows. However, the ref in that game (Andre Marriner) only gave an average of 3 Yellows per game for that whole season.

If that ref saw fit to up his average for that game, then today, with a ref that finds it easier to card players, quite a few cards should be seen.

With that in mind, four bets...

Over 40 Points Total @ 1.83 (Bigger bet)
    Arsenal Over 20 points @ 3.10 (Normal stake)
    Wigan Athletic Over 30 points @ 2.88 (Normal stake)
    Over 60 Points @ 4.00 (chancing my arm with a half stake - need a red for this to have a chance to be honest)

With you on this. Fancied the over 40 total but decided to follow you on the other three as well. Best of luck

DominicKid wrote: »
    doesn't look like you'll be getting a big return, but depends on the stake ;).
    75% return at 5:50 on Sunday. Easy peasy.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Enhanced anytime wincast with PP @ 2/1 if you're interested

Cheers avoided PP lately though

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

First goalscorer

Aguero @ 9/2

Podolski @ 5/1

If they dont score 1st and score anytime its refunded as a free bet with PP. Text bet exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

CriticEyes wrote: »
    First goalscorer

Aguero @ 9/2

Podolski @ 5/1

If they dont score 1st and score anytime its refunded as a free bet with PP. Text bet exclusive.

one in ... well done !!

and it only took 10mins

Corkbah wrote: »
    one in ... well done !!

Yep. Mon Aguero!! Cheers

• Advertisement

First goalscorer

Aguero @ 9/2

Podolski @ 5/1

BOOOOOOOM & BOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Winner winner chicken dinner! Delighted. :D

Fowler87 wrote: »

Boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

First goalscorer

Aguero @ 9/2

Podolski @ 5/1

top notch..well in.

Bordeaux to qualify @ 1.62 (semi final of the French Cup)

Boom! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Boom! :)

Is it home & away?

Oh ya...just got payed... nice one man!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement