Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Interesting that in the last 7 games between the teams, there has been a goal by at least the 25th minute...

1QQSkuc.png

I only have a PP account open now, and these are the only bets I can see that take advantage of that stat...

Real Madrid to Score the First Goal up to and including minute 23 (2.88)
    Atletico Madrid to Score the First Goal up to and including minute 23 (5.00)

I hope the bigger one comes in!!

Bet365 have this though (not putting money in just for that though) ...

Goal before 24 minutes at 5/6 (1.83)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
    Over 3.5 goals 13/8
    Penalty Awarded 9/4

tinodz wrote: »
    Interesting that in the last 7 games between the teams, there has been a goal by at least the 25th minute...

Real Madrid to Score the First Goal up to and including minute 23 (2.88) :D
    Atletico Madrid to Score the First Goal up to and including minute 23 (5.00)

I hope the bigger one comes in!!

Bet365 have this though (not putting money in just for that though) ...

Goal before 24 minutes at 5/6 (1.83)

Well it is a bit of profit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Well it is a bit of profit!

Great bit of homework brother .. ta

I am pretty confident Atletico will score, and was looking at Diego Costa Anytime @ 3.60 (because he is in form recently).

What a great day!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Diego Costa to be shown a card @2.12

Got more cards than he scored goals this season.
    Good player but a bit of a moron

Not the greatest odds but what do you expect on a "sure thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 rounds left to play in Ligue 1 and there's a lot at stake for several teams, and for me as well cuz I've gone big on this treble :P:
    Evian double chance
    Nice double chance
    Ajaccio +1.5
    @ 1.71

Evian vs Valenciennes:
    Evian are just 2 pts above the relegation zone, they need to win this game & they're strong at home. Valenciennes have nothing to play for.

Nice vs Lyon:
    Nice are very strong at home, have a great coach and need to win if they want to play in Europe next season (they can even get the last CL berth). Lyon are fighting to keep their 3rd place. The Nice coach left Lyon in bad terms and would love to overtake Lyon. A draw would be a good result for Lyon.

Rennes vs Ajaccio:
    Ajaccio need points here cuz they're still not safe and they'll have a very difficult last game vs Nice. Rennes have nothing to play for and are awful at the moment, they're missing several players too. My only concern is it's the last home game for the Rennes coach and he'll prolly want to leave with a positive result. Still, the motivation is on Ajaccio's side.

And... Evian, Nancy (must win), Nice double chance, Ajaccio double chance @ 5.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any value in Gladbach @ 5/1 today at home to Bayern? Surely Bayern will have no interest with the final next week? Everton 11/4 dnb could be worth a look tomorrow too with Chelsea tired after midweek and it being Moyes last game. And Carragher 12/1 last goalscorer could be worth a small punt too. If Liverpool get a late peno he will take it i'd imagine. 7/2 anytime is very poor odds

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I don't think that Gladbach represent any value, Bayern have been demolishing teams regardless of if they had a Champions League game coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any value in Gladbach @ 5/1 today at home to Bayern? Surely Bayern will have no interest with the final next week? Everton 11/4 dnb could be worth a look tomorrow too with Chelsea tired after midweek and it being Moyes last game. And Carragher 12/1 last goalscorer could be worth a small punt too. If Liverpool get a late peno he will take it i'd imagine. 7/2 anytime is very poor odds

Carragher has stated publicly this week he will not be taking any penalties or free kicks for fear of missing in his final ever game. I'd avoid any Carragher goalscoring bets for that reason.
    Also keen to hear any thoughts on Bayern today, especially what team they're going to put out.

It is that time of the year again where the Serie B have funny odds for draws.....

Under 2.5 in Aktobe vs ordabasy @ 1.70

Aktobe's last 4 games have gone under 2.5 and the past 4 games between these two teams have gone under 2.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

eh i dunno wrote: »

I think I'll go for a Liverpool clean sheet @ evens. The whole team will be up for it especially the back line and Carra will want one in his last game so he'll be all out for it.

Under 2.5 in Aktobe vs ordabasy @ 1.70

Aktobe's last 4 games have gone under 2.5 and the past 4 games between these two teams have gone under 2.5.

FT 1-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Any chance of a justice payout with bet 365 for dortmund over 1.5 goals after what just happened? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sligo and Juve to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Valencia & Over 2.5 @7/5

Huge game for the away team, they have to win and they'll go out guns blazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Headshot wrote: »
    Valencia & Over 2.5 @7/5

Soldado anytime and first for his team for me. 4/5 and 12/5. Large stake and medium stake.

Headshot wrote: »
    Valencia & Over 2.5 @7/5

Was looking at a Valencia win since yesterday - but followed you on this.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

beckhams last game tonight. anytime goalscorer looks a decent punt. just gonna have him 1st scorer insurebet as don't have the funds to lump

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

madma wrote: »
    beckhams last game tonight. anytime goalscorer looks a decent punt. just gonna have him 1st scorer insurebet as don't have the funds to lump

I don`t know about this tbh, he had never scored for PSG and looks off the pace and really not with it at all...I really don`t think he will score!.

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I don`t know about this tbh, he had never scored for PSG and looks off the pace and really not with it at all...I really don`t think he will score!.
    that's true and I wouldn't expect him to score without a deadball situation but he will be on free kicks and he will take a peno id imagine if they get one. they'll all want him to score, he's starting and captaining the team tonight, for all those reasons ill be backing him. be a great send off for him

Honestly if PSG don't thrash Brest, it would be a big embarrassment for them cuz not only are Brest the worst team in the league, they're also missing almost all their defenders. Here's their squad for this game:

Thébaux, Cappone - R.Soumah, Makonda, Chardonnet - Licka, Ab.Sissoko, Chafni, V.Rousseau, Dernis, T.Dieng, Lesoimier, Grougi, Khaled - A.Ba, Benschop, Raspentino

they're without:
    Blessés : Hartock (doigt), Baysse (genou), Alphonse (tendon d'Achille), Martial (genou), Auras (cheville), Is.Traoré (genou), O.Coulibaly (cuisse), J.Ayité (cuisse), Ferradj (genou), B.Mendy (pubis), Kantari (genou), Lejeune (Suspendu)

only 3 defenders listed in that squad, the problem is Soumah is a winger, Chardonnet is from the youth team and has never played with the pros and Makonda is a left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

that's true and I wouldn't expect him to score without a deadball situation but he will be on free kicks and he will take a peno id imagine if they get one. they'll all want him to score, he's starting and captaining the team tonight, for all those reasons ill be backing him. be a great send off for him

some things are just written in the stars this is one of them, if he didn't score tonight this will be the only club he never scored for as well as playing Brest and did u see their injury list ffs.

He might have an outside chance of a brace

alfalion wrote: »
    some things are just written in the stars this is one of them, if he didn't score tonight this will be the only club he never scored for as well as playing Brest and did u see their injury list ffs.

Just seen the injury list!...I suppose if they get a peno he will take it for sure!....i suppose he might!

So backing PSG -3 is 2.87.......What is a good bet for this game?

yeah its mad they should really hammer them. yeah im convinced he'll score tonight, and I really hope he does he's had an amazing career. wish id the funds to lump on anytime scorer

Sligo v Dundalk has been postponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

magherakid wrote: »
    Sligo v Dundalk has been postponed

What happens now, I had juve and Sligo accumulater? Is the principle returned?

Sligo will be void

• Advertisement

The more I think about it, the more I think the Beckham Handicap bet is a good one

I am pretty sure that Beckham is going to be making runs that he has not made in the past 5 year - and will be receiving similar passes.

I have to get on that ber.

Evian
    Ajaccio +1.5
    Montpellier +1.5
    @ 3.12

The more I think about it, the more I think the Beckham Handicap bet is a good one

I am pretty sure that Beckham is going to be making runs that he has not made in the past 5 year - and will be receiving similar passes.

I have to get on that ber.

Not been in the opposition half 3 times so far!!!!!!!!!!

Odds on the Premier league matches tomorrow are awful, only thing that catches the eye is Swansea and Man Utd

Not a chance.....no such thing as in the stars!...too old and too slow!...he has a brace alright, of swollen knees......

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Not a chance.....no such thing as in the stars!...too old and too slow!...he has a brace alright, of swollen knees......

everything is wonderful in hindsight.

if they gotten more freekicks or a peno he would have obviously had a better chance of scoring

if they gotten more freekicks or a peno he would have obviously had a better chance of scoring

Stating the obvious there!

Evian
    Ajaccio +1.5
    Montpellier +1.5
    @ 3.12

Get in!! :D

magherakid wrote: »
    Odds on the Premier league matches tomorrow are awful, only thing that catches the eye is Swansea and Man Utd

Yeh I think 2-1 man utd put your house on it

• Advertisement

Banned for a week for personal abuse.

Didn't help when ibra took the free kick from him and scored ibra on an ego trip didn't help him scoring

Banned for a week for personal abuse.

Didn't help when ibra took the free kick from him and scored ibra on an ego trip didn't help him scoring

yeah the selfish pr%ck. he must be chasing top scorer or something. really thought beckham would take every freekick

yeah the selfish pr%ck. he must be chasing top scorer or something. really thought beckham would take every freekick

Well that's the other thing he was on 27 goals before kick off, 8 more than the closest person which makes him an even bigger pr%ck.

Well that's the other thing he was on 27 goals before kick off, 8 more than the closest person which makes him an even bigger pr%ck.

agggh hate the guy even more now.. never liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

qpr under 1.5 team goals
    norwich under 1.5 team goals
    everton +2
    wigan +2

accum pays 2.09

will be shocked if this doesn't win.

LARGE STAKE to finish season off in style

Really hard to pick anything outstanding in the Dutch play offs so made it myself easy with a small bet on all 6 matches going over 2,5 @13

1st leg of these matches saw only 1 going over but the situation today is that there is no real decision on any of those matches yet. Maybe Sparta will feel safe with a 2 goal advantage and playing at home today.
    But the last few months of the season have shown that they can fail spectacularly at home

Was also looking for a double of Twente & Utrecht both winning and their matches going over 2,5 (@2.05 for Twente) but the line is set to 3,5 for the Utrecht match @3.6.
    Not impossible but rather would have seen over 2,5 and the Utrecht win.

And a single on:

Dutch promotion play off
    VVV - GA Eagles 13.30 GMT
    Eagles to score over 1,5
    Odds @2.75
    Bet365

First match finished 1-0 to Eagles so VVV will have to go for it if they want to progress to the next round.
    All season we have seen VVV concede more at home than away (42 at home, 20 away) and based of what i have seen from Eagles so far in the play offs, they have every chance to score a couple.
    Fast forwards, really suited to catch VVV on the counter.

So based on the averages conceded at home for VVV (2.47) an scored away for Eagles (1.93) this will be my single for the day.

This is the only combination of scorelines that will result in a third place play off match happening....

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle
    Chelsea 0 - 0 Everton

Sods law means it is worth a very low stakes Double

@ 97.50 (Paddy Power)
    @ 120.00 (Bet365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

This is the only combination of scorelines that will result in a third place play off match happening....

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle
    Chelsea 0 - 0 Everton

Sods law means it is worth a very low stakes Double

@ 97.50 (Paddy Power)
    @ 120.00 (Bet365)

Also Arsenal 3 - 2 Newcastle
    Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton

Arsenal 4 - 3 Newcastle
    Chelsea 2 - 2 Everton

and so on....

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Also Arsenal 3 - 2 Newcastle
    Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton

Arsenal 4 - 3 Newcastle
    Chelsea 2 - 2 Everton

and so on....

I am going to cancel my Sky Sports subscription then! :mad:

They assured me it had to finish the above way!

In other news, Rooney is out for Man U game today (due to Baby)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement