Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

tinodz wrote: »
    This is the only combination of scorelines that will result in a third place play off match happening....

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle AND Aresnal 3 - 2 Newcastle
    Chelsea 0 - 0 Everton AND Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton

Sods law means it is worth a very low stakes Double

@ 97.50 (Paddy Power)
    @ 120.00 (Bet365)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

Gone for an accm with Liverpool,Man city & Barcelona @11/10 and this is with paddypower. Its even called the " Sure things " football accumulator.

I know all of these have nothing to play for but i just can't see past anything but a win for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

In the first division romanian league the match between stueau bucharest and v.constanta (?? Spelling) later this evening has been removed from all bookies as stueau are playing with reserve team and the 2nd team needs to win. Possible fix?
    I'd wait for the live market as it might appear on ladbrokes or pp. If so away team to win or DNB is a definite play for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nice DNB @ 1.65

Nice haven't played in Europe for I don't know how many decades, this is a historic chance for them to play in Europe next season, mathematically they can even get the last CL berth, last home game of the season, they have the best coach in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

mrdmb wrote: »
    In the first division romanian league the match between stueau bucharest and v.constanta (?? Spelling) later this evening has been removed from all bookies as stueau are playing with reserve team and the 2nd team needs to win. Possible fix?
    I'd wait for the live market as it might appear on ladbrokes or pp. If so away team to win or DNB is a definite play for me.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

My accum for the last day is Man Utd, Liverpool -1, Swansea and over 2.5 goals in Wigan/Villa @9/1.

Liverpool are 10/11 and Man City evs to score more than Spurs in the Mythical Matches market offered by PP so couple of decent size stakes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Ladbrokes / Bet365 / SkyBet have than Romanian game up right now (11/10 & Evens) - so a few bookies do have it up

user2011 wrote: »
    Link?

match available on ladbrokes ...away team to win priced at 2.1 14th team on the table against the league leaders..while Steua to win is 3.00 at home..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

match available on ladbrokes ...away team to win priced at 2.1 14th team on the table against the league leaders..while Steua to win is 3.00 at home..!

No, where you getting the info that home team they'll play with a reserve team?

user2011 wrote: »
    No, where you getting the info that home team they'll play with a reserve team?

i got them from 2 tipsters in 2 other websites...though sometimes in those league what might look like a fix in one direction might turn out in the end to be on the other side.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man Utd even money fergie and the players will want to win this one

Both Brentford and Yeovil Town have played 48 league games this season - the graph below is an average of those 48 games. 75'-90 is a HUGE standout period for both teams. I don't think I have ever seen stats favour one period so heavily in ages!

Ki3WAbp.png

I am going to be looking to bet on this game in play - especially if the game is tight for the last 15 minutes.

However, pre-game this looks a decent shout

Time of Last Goal (After the 72nd minute) @ 1.91

man city vs norwish..man city to score in both halves is a good price at 1.84...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

magherakid wrote: »
    Man Utd even money fergie and the players will want to win this one

I agree, I think it's a great price considering the circumstances of the game and the fact that West Brom were hammered last week by Norwich!

Man Utd will be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

50 euro on Peterhead and Man Utd both to win 3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Man utd, arsenal and chelsea all to win at 90 minutes. 4/1 with boylesports. Worth a few bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Liverpool to win to nil @ 6/5 PP - QPR have scored only one PL goal in their last 455mins of football - a Peno
    Man City to win to nil @ 13/10 pp - Bet has won 4/5 of last home games and Norwich have scored only 2 away in last 5 away

Also
    Liverpool (-1) @ 4/6
    Tot (-1) @ 3/4
    Man City (-1) @ 7/10

All with Lads - Tottenham game is the only worry but could go any way after DiCanio's antics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Newcastle are 6/1 to win at home. I know it's a must-win for arsenal but newcastle have won 9 and lost 8 at home this season and they're well capable of the win. 6/1 just looks such a good price, might be worth a little bet, like Wigan in the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just a few fun, small bets for me today to keep the interest up as there's nothing for my team to play for.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool. 3/1.

6 home teams then - Manchester City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton and West Ham. 10/1.

Liverpool (-1), Manchester City (-1), Tottenham, Manchester United and Arsenal. 10/1.

Disappointing to see the season coming to an end as I always enjoy a few quid on the UK football every week. It's one of my traditions, get up on a Saturday and study the form and possible bets, place them, and then it's feet up watching as much football as I can :pac:

I'm going to take a break as always during the pre-season break and come back in August for the start of the new season.

Good luck all over the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

boyles sucked me in earlier

arse, pool and utd 5/2

utd surely the only doubt of the three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

United -2 @ 6/1

West Brom stuffed last week and Fergie will surely want to go out on a high. Have this in an ambitious treble with City -2 @ 9/5 and Liverpool -1 @ 4/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Spurs to win and Newcastle double chance is 3.38 on betvictor.

Man Utd XI v West Brom: Lindegaard, Valencia, Evans, Jones, Buttner, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, van Persie, Hernandez

West Brom Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Dorrans, Morrison, Brunt; Long

Chelsea Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole; Ake, Lampard; Torres, Mata, Oscar; Ba

Everton Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Gibson, Fellaini, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith, Anichebe

Arsenal Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

Newcastle Harper; Debuchy, S Taylor, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran

Man City Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Rodwell, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko

Norwich Ruddy; R Martin, Whittaker, Garrido, R.Bennett, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Holt

Liverpool Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge

QPR Green; Harriman, Onuoha, Hill, Traore, Mbia, Derry, Park, Townsend, Remy, Zamora

Aston Villa Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Sylla, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Bent

Wigan Habsi, Watson, Boyce, McCarthy, Espinoza, Golobart, Scharner, Maloney, McArthur, Gomez, Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Yes c'mon Nice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Main bet Zenit, Spurs, Man C @2.07

Fun bet 65/1
    Liverpool @ 2/7
    Win-Draw-Win
    Liverpool v QPR
    Swansea @ 8/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    Swansea v Fulham
    Arsenal @ 4/7
    Win-Draw-Win
    Newcastle v Arsenal
    Southampton @ 8/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    Southampton v Stoke
    West Ham @ 8/13
    Win-Draw-Win
    West Ham v Reading
    Everton @ 5/2
    Draw No Bet
    Chelsea v Everton
    Man Utd @ 10/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    West Brom v Man Utd

• Advertisement

Both Brentford and Yeovil Town have played 48 league games this season - the graph below is an average of those 48 games. 75'-90 is a HUGE standout period for both teams. I don't think I have ever seen stats favour one period so heavily in ages!

Ki3WAbp.png

I am going to be looking to bet on this game in play - especially if the game is tight for the last 15 minutes.

However, pre-game this looks a decent shout

Time of Last Goal (After the 72nd minute) @ 1.91

A big **** you to stats there... :mad:

Who the hell is Ake?? surprised to see him start considering the importance of this game :confused:

Who the hell is Ake?? surprised to see him start considering the importance of this game :confused:

Ruud Gullit #2

UpgNE9s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Strange one alright,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Agent Rafa's eff you to the headhunters?

• Advertisement

some awful odds today bookies giving nothing away

Anyone see the Sunderland bench lol

Based on my small bit of digging around, it looks like Ake more a midfielder than a defender, and it seems most bookies have him priced in the Anytime market as a Defender. Even if he is in a defender position - his under 18 videos on Youtube showing pushing forward in many a game.

Ake Anytime @ 11/1 (PP) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Another player stolen from the Feyenoord youth. Good thing was Chelsea paid over the odds for Salomom Kalou at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Really hard to pick anything outstanding in the Dutch play offs so made it myself easy with a small bet on all 6 matches going over 2,5 @13

1st leg of these matches saw only 1 going over but the situation today is that there is no real decision on any of those matches yet. Maybe Sparta will feel safe with a 2 goal advantage and playing at home today.
    But the last few months of the season have shown that they can fail spectacularly at home

Was also looking for a double of Twente & Utrecht both winning and their matches going over 2,5 (@2.05 for Twente) but the line is set to 3,5 for the Utrecht match @3.6.
    Not impossible but rather would have seen over 2,5 and the Utrecht win.

And a single on:

Dutch promotion play off
    VVV - GA Eagles 13.30 GMT
    Eagles to score over 1,5
    Odds @2.75
    Bet365

First match finished 1-0 to Eagles so VVV will have to go for it if they want to progress to the next round.
    All season we have seen VVV concede more at home than away (42 at home, 20 away) and based of what i have seen from Eagles so far in the play offs, they have every chance to score a couple.
    Fast forwards, really suited to catch VVV on the counter.

So based on the averages conceded at home for VVV (2.47) an scored away for Eagles (1.93) this will be my single for the day.

Eagles scoring 3. All went to plan :D in that match

too bad Sparta and Helmond screwed up the overs bet.

2 rounds left to play in Ligue 1 and there's a lot at stake for several teams, and for me as well cuz I've gone big on this treble :P:
    Evian double chance
    Nice double chance
    Ajaccio +1.5
    @ 1.71

Boom!! :D

Carlo Ancelotti will no longer by #PSG manager next season (via beIN Sport).

That's damn interesting!

Mancini or Benitez to replace him then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Any tips for tonights games lads? Was eyeing up this special in the Barca game 'Barca win/Under 10corners/ Card index: 30pts @4/1' and thinking of throwing someone from Serie A in as part of a double?

francie81 wrote: »
    Any tips for tonights games lads? Was eyeing up this special in the Barca game 'Barca win/Under 10corners/ Card index: 30pts @4/1' and thinking of throwing someone from Serie A in as part of a double?

Milan are in the same position as Arsenal. They need a win to qualify for the Champions League. Siena have nothing to play for - are already relegated. Very short odds, but a safe enough addition to an accumulator

Inter are consistently horrible these days - 1 win in 8 games. You could oppose them with Udinese win (2.20) or Udinese DC (if you want another short odds addition).

about the romanian game earlier...odds have dropped for the home team from 3.1 to 2.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    boyles sucked me in earlier

arse, pool and utd 5/2

utd surely the only doubt of the three

called that right

that is just sick though

gone for a few draws in serie a tonite given its the last
    weekend
    i see there was already two earlier
    doubles trebles and accum
    inter
    palermo
    torino
    roma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Milan are in the same position as Arsenal. They need a win to qualify for the Champions League. Siena have nothing to play for - are already relegated. Very short odds, but a safe enough addition to an accumulator

Inter are consistently horrible these days - 1 win in 8 games. You could oppose them with Udinese win (2.20) or Udinese DC (if you want another short odds addition).

Great call on both games there. Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Monday Night Football.
    Cork City 8/13 - EA Sports Cup Against Wexford Youths. Easy Win? Cork in poor form but this match but lift them again if they do win.
    Real Betis Or Draw 1/2 - Betis (7) v Mallorca (20) Dodgy Enough
    Aalesund - Norway 8/11 - 50/50

Also
    Cork City -1 7/4
    Real Betis Double Chance 1/2
    Bohemians Qualify Nxt Rnd 1/2
    30/5

won...!

man city vs norwish..man city to score in both halves is a good price at 1.84...

easy pick it was..

Double
    Rosenborg 8/15
    Limerick 2/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going on FC Honka v IFK Mariehamn today over 2.5 goals at 43/40. Has come in for 3/4 of their last head to heads 4-3,2-3, 1-1, 2-2

They play each other in 3 days time also so small double on over 2.5 in each game too. 5 returns 21.27.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going on FC Honka v IFK Mariehamn today over 2.5 goals at 43/40. Has come in for 3/4 of their last head to heads 4-3,2-3, 1-1, 2-2

They play each other in 3 days time also so small double on over 2.5 in each game too. 5 returns 21.27.

Nothing at all only 2 yellow cards till the 51st min bet came in by 78th min. Might go in play with a small stake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Gone for a small accum this evening .Think it has decent chance
    Limerick -1
    Derry -1
    Cork
    Sligo to win to nil
    Bohs

Bit of interest if nothin else

• Advertisement

Both teams have a few midfielder out, and I am expecting a ****ty game. Mallorca are trying to avoid relegation - but are pretty much adrift. They would have to win this, get something against Athletico in the next game, and win against Real Valladolid in the last game of the season to even stand a chance to get out - they would need teams above them to lose as well. They will likely push very hard in the game to get something, but have lacked good finishing all season, so will have a hard time finding it now. This will leave them open, and I think Betis could score a few on the counter attack,

So I will go with them, along with a favourite player for the team

Castro Wincast @ 6.00

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement