Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

montyrebel wrote: »
    Champions league tonight anyone got any reasons why I shouldnt back both teams to score, looks nailed on imo

Last cup game between them finished 1-0 to Bayern.
    Lewandoski is liable to miss chances.

It's not a terrible bet, but nailed on it is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Austria! wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this game tonight.

Expecting it to be something like a classic possession (bayern) vs counter attack (BVB) battle.

In fact, Bayern have most possession in the German league. And naturally enough, they have the player who made the most average completed passes in Bastien.

He's also made a average of 61 passes in the latter stages of the champions league, obviously taking a hit in those stats because they played Barcelona. In fact, in the other games he got over 55 passes every time.

How many passes did he make against dortmund in the important cup game in Germany this year, which is a pretty good proxy for this match? 76. Very impressive.

So in conclusion, a very good player.

Schweinsteiger over 54 passes @ 2.5 (or 6/4 if you prefer)

500 on.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/bor-dortmund-v-bayern-munich/completed-bastian-schweinsteiger-passes

wow serious money on an unusual bet. Will you be counting his passes during the match or wait for the stats.

Lewandowski anytime @4
    26 (max bet) with Boyles.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    wow serious money on an unusual bet. Will you be counting his passes during the match or wait for the stats.

I'm just going to enjoy the match. All that can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Good luck with that bet Austria that is one big lump!. Hope it comes in for ya.

Montyrebel I remember checking the head to head of Bayern v Dortmund in the last month or two and btts didn't come in as much as I thought it would have in previous encounters. Having said that it's a final so anything is possible, I have half a mind to back it myself but will probably go with Muller anytime as my main bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm really looking forward to this game tonight.

Expecting it to be something like a classic possession (bayern) vs counter attack (BVB) battle.

In fact, Bayern have most possession in the German league. And naturally enough, they have the player who made the most average completed passes in Bastien.

He's also made a average of 61 passes in the latter stages of the champions league, obviously taking a hit in those stats because they played Barcelona. In fact, in the other games he got over 55 passes every time.

How many passes did he make against dortmund in the important cup game in Germany this year, which is a pretty good proxy for this match? 76. Very impressive.

So in conclusion, a very good player.

Schweinsteiger over 54 passes @ 2.5 (or 6/4 if you prefer)

500 on.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/bor-dortmund-v-bayern-munich/completed-bastian-schweinsteiger-passes

Looks a good bet where can i bet on this??

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Looks a good bet where can i bet on this??

Click the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Are the Boyles enhanced odds listed separately on the site or do I just keep missing them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quick question for you betting peeps.

I was looking at Lewandowski to score 2 or more yesterday. I have a €10 free bet and fancy putting it on a long shot to close out my season, and it was 25/1. I left it till this morning cause I wanted to think about it some more. Now it's dropped to 13/1.

Is there any chance it will rise again as the day goes on? Or do people think I'm as well taking the 13/1 now cause it's more than likely going to keep dropping?

(Yes, I know there are safer bets, but since it's a free bet I have, I want to do it on a bigger bet. :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Tallinna Kalev vs Infonet @ 1.78

2 similar teams, Kalev have played 3 home games vs teams outside the top 3, and won those 3 games by the same scoreline - 1-0. Infonet have had decent results vs teams outside the top 3 with all those games bar 1 going under 2.5. Infonet won the corresponding fixture 2-0 but today they'll be without their best striker who's suspended.
    I just can't see this game going over 2.5 but with the luck I've had in the past couple of days... there might be a few penalties or red cards :o

Anyone any thoughts on Lech Poznan v Podbeskidzie today.

2nd v bottom.

Lech -1 is 5/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

montyrebel wrote: »
    Champions league tonight anyone got any reasons why I shouldnt back both teams to score, looks nailed on imo

Barca couldn't score over 180 minutes against them, can't see why you think it's nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

head to head stats point to an underish game, not to mention that CL finals are often low scoring affairs.

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/12/germany/dfb-pokal/bv-borussia-09-dortmund/fc-bayern-munchen/1275349/head2head/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sweden Division 1 15.00 hrs

Sirius (top 16 points ) v Frej (bottom 1 point) 1.30 or 2.00 -1 handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Some very strange bets on offer:

For example you can bet on a person to attend the match. Alex Ferguson is 8/13. Somebody give him a call and see what his plans are.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/bor-dortmund-v-bayern-munich/to-attend-the-match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Cudnt resists one last flutter before the season ends
    Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
    The biggest game in club football will be contested between the 2 German rivals. I have to say I think Bayern will win this game. They have been the best team I have seen in the competition this season. While they might not have warmed the hearts of the neutrals like Dortmund they are strong in every area of the pitch. It is a massive blow for Dortmund that Gotze has been ruled out. The Bayern win although a little on the short side for a game of this magnitude looks something to get involved in.
    Dortmund certainly had the edge over Bayern in recent seasons winning 5 games on the spin. The games between them this season have been tight affairs (2 1-1 draws and a 1-0 victory for Bayern).
    I'm only going on what I have seen of both sides and I think Bayern to win is the best bet. They'll want to win the game in normal time after what happened last season. And after losing their last 2 finals I think they'll get the job done this time out.
    Bayern to win in 90 minutes 3/4
    I also like the look of Thomas Muller to find the net. The German international has 8 goals in the competition this season and crucially he seems to be a man for the big occasion. He has netted in all 3 of the knock out rounds when the pressure is really on. He also opened the scoring in last season's final.
    Thomas Muller anytime 6/4
    I think there will be goals in this game and the 8/11 for both teams to score looks like one to get involved with. Bayern have found the net in 11/12 games in the competition this season, while Dortmund have found the net in 10/12. This bet has collected in 3 of their last 4 meetings and with the attacking talent on display of both teams I expect it to come in.
    Both teams to score 8/11
    Over 10 corners at even money looks a great bet. Both teams love to attack, especially Bayern down the flanks.
    Over 10 corners evens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Two main bets tonight are the Muller wincast at 3/1 (big game player) and Bayern -1 at 15/8 (if they score first I fancy this).

Might take a look at a smaller bet or two closer to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Dortmund to win in 90 minutes 7/2

Lewandowski FGS 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Currently no odds on offer except win draw win on betfair, but hoping some bookies put this in play.

Norwegian division 2 group B

Strømsgodset II v Raufoss

I will be looking for over 2.5 and over 3.5 in this. Previous head to head scores are

7 - 1, 2 - 3, 2 - 1, 1 - 2, 5 - 0, 5 - 1

over 2.5 has come in for all 5 of Strømsgodset II previous games with 2 of them going over 3.5 (6 - 0 and 3 - 6 - well clear of it!)

over 3.5 came in for Raufoss previous 2 games to this. In the 3 games before this the results were 0 - 2, 1 - 1, 0 - 0

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/05/25/norway/2-divisjon/stromsgodset-if-ii/raufoss-fotball/1422712/?ICID=PL_MS_05

• Advertisement

Some very strange bets on offer:

For example you can bet on a person to attend the match. Alex Ferguson is 8/13. Somebody give him a call and see what his plans are.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/bor-dortmund-v-bayern-munich/to-attend-the-match

Queen Elizabeth II to attend the game @ 67 :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Lech Poznan
    Sirius
    DOUBLE TO WIN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot i see Javi Martinez 2/1 to be shown a card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CSKA Sofia are supposedly going to roll over for their crosstown rivals Lokomotiv today at 4pm as they are in relegation trouble. They need to win and hope Brotev Vratsa or PFC Pirin lose. CSKA have given some of their players early holidays too so you might want to avoid that game even though the 7/2 odds on CSKA are appealing.

Just a heads up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Does anyone know if Boylesports 5/1 for Munich to win to nil is available in shops?

Thoughts for free bets for the game tonight? Like the look of a draw at 3/1 for a free bet

• Advertisement

German fans fighting in London today

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Done a treble and Thomas Muller anytime is part of it hopefully lads :D

TG860 wrote: »
    Not seeing this?

to late its gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Taking the following for tonight:

Bayern to win to nil @ 5/1 max bet 24e
    Bayern to win by 1 goal @ 11/4
    Ribery MOTM @ 10/1
    Schweinsteiger MOTM @ 12/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Schmelzer 10/3 anytime booking
    BTTS 5/6

100 on each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Opened a Boylesports account and as an incentive got Bayern to win at 5/2. While I was there backed win to nil at 5/1 and backed Muller wincast at whatever price it was, can't remember following advice here.

Here's hoping.

Bayern Munich to win. Over 10 corners. Card Index:Over 40 pts. @ 6/1 10 on this and my only bet

#fcbayern: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Martinez, Schweinsteiger; Robben, Muller, Ribery; Mandzukic.

Dortmund XI v Bayern: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer; Gundogan, Bender; Kuba, Reus, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski #UCLFinal

Muller anytime my main bet
    The big Lebowski anytime a smaller bet

If both score

will-smith-celebration-gif.gif

So, what safe bet is everyone doing on bet365?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bayern Munich to win. Over 10 corners. Card Index:Over 40 pts. @ 6/1 10 on this and my only bet

Where did you make that treble?

So, what safe bet is everyone doing on bet365?

Where did you make that treble?

PP

Still not decided but i am thinking of taking Dortmund over 3,5 corners to activate the free bet on bet365.
    Odds are not bad @1.8
    Dortmund are no corner masters and Bayern dont concede too many. 3 matches they met eachother this season, Dortmund went 2x over the 3,5,3rd time they had only 2 corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My bet Borussia Dortmund - Over 3.5 corners @ 4/5

Dortmund arent known for their corners but with such a low line, I reckon its worth a shot

We either are both happy or pissed off, HS.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Feck I only noticed you did the same bet

Well that's my bet screwed now :P

I really couldnt pick anything else.
    Not sure about overs or BTTS and unders i dont do.
    Cards in a final? Meh

Was thinking, because it is a final, most goals 2nd half but Bayern might as well go all out from the start like they do in the Bundesliga.

And then i found the corners....
    Just hope Bayern will take a quick lead and Borussia will have to go for it.

magherakid wrote: »
    Thomas Muller anytime 9/4 looks the bet tomorrow pops up in the big games 8 goals so far in the CL

Took first corner before 9mins 5/6

Best of luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Good luck all for tonight hoping for a great final!

Under 2.5 in Tallinna Kalev vs Infonet @ 1.78

2 similar teams, Kalev have played 3 home games vs teams outside the top 3, and won those 3 games by the same scoreline - 1-0. Infonet have had decent results vs teams outside the top 3 with all those games bar 1 going under 2.5. Infonet won the corresponding fixture 2-0 but today they'll be without their best striker who's suspended.
    I just can't see this game going over 2.5 but with the luck I've had in the past couple of days... there might be a few penalties or red cards :o

Kalev losing 4-1... even against the big teams they usually concede less than 3 goals... Infonet hadn't scored more than 2 goals in a game this season. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Gone for under 2.5 for a bit of consolation if the game is sheeite.For free bet I think I'll back either whoever go's behind(Should it happen)or a big lump to go up and score with a set piece late on or something.

Would really like to see Dortmund win.

Just took under 2.5 in the CL final @ 2.05

which means that the game will for sure go OVER 2.5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Trying to take advantage of the MOTM market now that many more bookies seem to have offered it - this is my first time betting on it

Robben MOTM @ 9.00 (SkyBet)

Should control the midfield and makecruciblee passes that could lead to goals - could get a goal too if he pushes foward. As long as one of the strikers don't knock in two he has a good chance. If the match finhses 2-0 or 2-1 I think he has a great chance of get the MOTM nod.

Also, fun Gotze Stat! In the Bundesliga this season, Dortmund have won 65.2% of their matches with Götze starting, compared to just 36.4% without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

seklly wrote: »
    OK, here's what I'm doing this time.

€50 pre on both to score @ 8/11 on Bet365
    €50 in-play will go on Dortmund @ 7/2 on Bet365
    I've also put €24 on Bayern to win to nil @ 5/1 on Boyles and laid this on Betfair @ 11/4
    Edit: I've also put €26 on both to score @ 6/4 on Boyles and laid this on Betfair @ 8/11
    Edit 2: I've put €3.50 on 0-0 @ 15/1 on Betfair
    Edit 3: I've put €10 on the draw @ 3/1 on Betdaq (free bet if placed via mobile app)

So presuming the odds on Dortmund don't drop before the in-play bet the possible outcomes look like this:

Munich win to nil +€51
    Munich win and both score +€56
    Dortmund win to nil +€175
    Dortmund win and both score +€231
    Score draw +€87
    0-0 draw +€33.50

So hoping for a Dortmund win I guess! (Calculations don't include Betfair commission)

I've done a few bets and by my calculations I can't lose! Going to sit back and enjoy this one with a few beers, hopefully it's a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Whats the odds on 3-0 munich at half time and dortmund to come back and win on pens!!! It is the 8 yr anniversary of istanbull afterall worth a euro surley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement