Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Villarreal (4th) v Xerez (bottom) 8 pm tonight might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

any tips for Kaiserslautern v Hoffenheim ??

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

JUST AS SO WE ARE ALL CLEAR AND ALL SINGING FROM THE SAME RHYME SHEET

I was absolutely horrified earlier to find a petulant runt has posted a horse tip on a football forum. This idiot showed a blatant disregard for the forum rules and guidelines.

JUST SO WE ARE ALL CLEAR, THIS FORUM IS STRICTLY FOR FOOTBALL BETTING TIPS, CAN WE PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT HORSE RACING AND BLOODY TOM CRUISE

After much deliberation with the hierarchy of the forum we have decided to hand the person in question with nothing more than a formal warning.

BUT BE WARNED Any further incidents such as these will not be looked on so kindly. In the future from this post fort i will be left with no option to Ban users of the forum who are in breach of this regulation and I will be forced to forward their details to the Gardaí.

SECTION 17 B PAGE 84 PARAGRAPH 11 CLEARLY STATES

No user of the football forum is at any stage allowed post about Horse racing, Tennis Players and or Tom Cruise

I HOPE, I REALLY HOPE I DO NOT NEED TO BRING UP THIS AGAIN, I HAVE LOST MANY HOURS OF SLEEP OVER INCIDENTS SUCH AS THESE AND I DONT PLAN ON LOSING ANY MORE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
    LIAM HIGGINS

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Higgytash wrote: »
    JUST AS SO WE ARE ALL CLEAR AND ALL SINGING FROM THE SAME RHYME SHEET

I was absolutely horrified earlier to find a petulant runt has posted a horse tip on a football forum. This idiot showed a blatant disregard for the forum rules and guidelines.

JUST SO WE ARE ALL CLEAR, THIS FORUM IS STRICTLY FOR FOOTBALL BETTING TIPS, CAN WE PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT HORSE RACING AND BLOODY TOM CRUISE

After much deliberation with the hierarchy of the forum we have decided to hand the person in question with nothing more than a formal warning.

BUT BE WARNED Any further incidents such as these will not be looked on so kindly. In the future from this post fort i will be left with no option to Ban users of the forum who are in breach of this regulation and I will be forced to forward their details to the Gardaí.

SECTION 17 B PAGE 84 PARAGRAPH 11 CLEARLY STATES

No user of the football forum is at any stage allowed post about Horse racing, Tennis Players and or Tom Cruise

I HOPE, I REALLY HOPE I DO NOT NEED TO BRING UP THIS AGAIN, I HAVE LOST MANY HOURS OF SLEEP OVER INCIDENTS SUCH AS THESE AND I DONT PLAN ON LOSING ANY MORE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
    LIAM HIGGINS

Mibum hurts 20/1 in Ballinrobe!! hot tip hot tip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I did not realize I caused this much bother - I hang my head in same.

In football news - why in the lords name is Villarreal @ 1.12 v Xerez (Spain Segunda) to win?

I have not placed a lay in ages - but kinda want to here

Made a small lay on Villarreal win @ 1.15 - might trade out before match ends if Xerez pull something surprising (which I think they could) - here is hoping

tinodz wrote: »
    Made a small lay on Villarreal win @ 1.15 - might trade out before match ends if Xerez pull something surprising (which I think they could) - here is hoping

Villarreal 1 - 0 Xerez

I am doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Xerez are bottom i guess

seanhynes wrote: »
    Xerez are bottom i guess

They are bottom, adrift, and mostly talentless, but last week beat a team one place in the league above Villarreal (who are 4th)

1.15 was far to short for a Villarreal win (even Man U would not have been that short vs QPR), so thought a lay might work out - does not seem like it has

Ya I'd agree it's ridiculous odds, there's fishy games everywhere at the end of the season where the bookies have strange prices like Madrid last night for example,guess their in on the games

• Advertisement

That red card for Villareal could tip the scale of the game In Xerez's favour like a grain of rice could

That red card for Villareal could tip the scale of the game In Xerez's favour like a grain of rice could

I almost feel like trading out - as I am now well up on the lay due to the red card

Although I am playing with such small stakes I might just let it run. Villarreal just had a disallowed goal at 45' too, so they are still a threat going forward

I'll trade if Xerez get a goal - solid profit then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

still 4/1 on xerez or draw, be rude not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Live thread >>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Heads will roll Inforfun, this again is a blatant disregard to the ruling;

Page 17 Section 18 paragraph 2
    ANY POSTS CONCERNING LIVE IN PLAY GAMES MUST BE PLACED IN THE LIVE FOOTBALL THREAD

jamesbondings
    seanhynes
    tinodz

have all each clearly breached this ruling.

I also wish to bring to your attention that this is not tinodz first breach today, earlier today the cretin placed a horse racing tip IN A FOOTBALL TIP THREAD.... Not only did he put it in the wrong forum HE PLACED IT IN THE LIVE THREAD when it was a blooming future race tip.

I cant understand his actions, he needs to be reprimanded.

Heads Will Roll

User banned for a week. Trolling, back seat modding

Sorry inforfun!! (and Higgy....)
    tinodz wrote: »

Villarreal 1 - 1 Xerez 70'

Traded out for decent sized profit.

Heads will roll Inforfun, this again is a blatant disregard to the ruling;

Page 17 Section 18 paragraph 2
    ANY POSTS CONCERNING LIVE IN PLAY GAMES MUST BE PLACED IN THE LIVE FOOTBALL THREAD

jamesbondings
    seanhynes
    tinodz

have all each clearly breached this ruling.

I also wish to bring to your attention that this is not tinodz first breach today, earlier today the cretin placed a horse racing tip IN A FOOTBALL TIP THREAD.... Not only did he put it in the wrong forum HE PLACED IT IN THE LIVE THREAD when it was a blooming future race tip.

I cant understand his actions, he needs to be reprimanded.

Heads Will Roll

yes i made a mistake i am currently following both threads, and when i seen others speaking about a live game i presumed i was in the live thread, apologies.

Heads Will Roll

No, just the one.

inforfun wrote: »
    No, just the one.

*feels head*

• Advertisement

Well that banning has surely tipped the scales of this betting thread

Well that banning has surely tipped the scales of this betting thread

I was not actually offended in anyway - though it was kinda funny.

Although, I guess it was more mod trolling - even if the post were quoting me.

Who waS banned last week and for what , the place is full of divilment and ****ing about lately it's like a courthouse with all these bannings been handed out..people are hardly drink driving on here and getting banned off the roads there only messing around on their keyboards , I say let them at it , it's a free country ,whatever happened to the term freedom of speech???

Anyways back to the betting Is anybody tempted to back 0-0 HT in the England Ireland match 2/1 it looks fairly tempting to me

Nothing on today really aswell to focus on a couple of horse bets , Frankels half sister Joyeuse at 4/5 makes her debut at Lingfield in the 5.55 race ,SirHenry Cecil is the trainer and Tom Queally is riding her in the fillies maiden stakes should be a decent bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

What do people think of Sligo v Dundalk tonight?

The last 5 meetings in Sligo have seen Sligo winning with a clean sheet. Makes Sligo to win to nil @2.25 look tempting.

Other than that a double of Sligo and Pats looks safe enough @ 1.85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Schism wrote: »

The last 5 meetings in Sligo have seen Sligo winning with a clean sheet. Makes Sligo to win to nil @2.25 look tempting.

I like that double alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Who waS banned last week and for what , the place is full of divilment and ****ing about lately it's like a courthouse with all these bannings been handed out..people are hardly drink driving on here and getting banned off the roads there only messing around on their keyboards , I say let them at it , it's a free country ,whatever happened to the term freedom of speech???

Anyways back to the betting Is anybody tempted to back 0-0 HT in the England Ireland match 2/1 it looks fairly tempting to me

the mans right to a certain extent losing the rag for not posting in the live thread seems a bit over the top and a certtain amount of messing has to be expected sure if not the only fun would be taking money off the bookies. let all relax to feck mod included

Last week there were 2 people banned for throwing insults at each other. Both took it with no issues and are back.

What happened yesterday, posting a message like that is fun once, maybe.
    But after 3 or 4 of those it gets annoying and add to that some back seat moderating.

Now, you personally might not feel something is over the top or annoying but others might and use the report button.

There is a separate thread for fooling around here and a forum for your horses here

Now, football tips, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Norway womens football, Kolbotn to win 1/1 bet 365 at 5

Odds have been dropping steadily since yesterday from 6/4 into 4/5 some bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Been looking at that same game Flawed Genius. I was thinking the overs market but I don't know anything about the teams except the stats on soccerway. Seemed attractive. Was considering waiting till inplay to see how it starts off.

3/10 for over 2.5 - hopefuly that price rises in play. Goal line over 3.5 gets 1.8 on bet365

5/6 of Kolbotn previous matches gone over 3.5

2/6 of Arna-Bjornar matches leading to this have gone over 3.5 and 3 other games over 2.5

In head to head last 3 games have gone over 3.5 and the two before that over 2.5

http://uk.women.soccerway.com/matches/2013/05/28/norway/toppserien/kolbotn-idrettslag/allianseidrettslaget-arna-bjornar/1438496/head2head/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Schism wrote: »

Think I'll go with the double myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

playing safe tonight with pats and sligo double 1.95 with pp

Decided if Kolboton ladies result came in I'd go for Sligo to win to nill tonight. Small stake going on there.

Edit. Went Sligo -1 @ 6/5 at the last min. Think BTTS in the first half in Pats v UCD @ 4/1 could be worth a small stake given UCD form of late. BTTS and UCD to win came in unexpectedly of late but can't see it on offer tonight on Paddy Mobile. It was 10/1 against shams though last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Final game in the U19 Euro's for Engkand v Scotland - Scotland are out and only a win for England can give them hope of qualification ( Georgia need to loose - if they draw England need to win by at least 2 - only the winners qualify) England (-1) @ 9/5 is my pick, Grorgia hammered Scotland 3-1 despite playing with 9 men since the 58th min, Georgia even scored two while down to 9 and Scotland scored a 78th min consolidation goal - Engkand against the same opposition played with 10 men for virtually the whole game and managed to draw 1-1. Motivation is with England for a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im currently looking at England clean sheet @ 1/1

Ireland are awful fullstop and knowing Trap he'll have the team playing negative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ireland 1-0 and Walters to score at 100/1 I don't think it will come in(haha) but I hate betting against my team, so I'm going for the small stake big reward method.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Ireland 1-0 and Walters to score at 100/1 I don't think it will come in(haha) but I hate betting against my team, so I'm going for the small stake big reward method.

any odds on walters to miss a peno??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

any odds on walters to miss a peno??
    Ah come on now, Keano wouldn't let him within a 20 mile radius of the ball if there is a peno! Miss the chance to add to the ever increasing goal tally, the back page glory, and rubbing of Becks face in it whenever him and Posh visit the Keanes in Hollywood , no chance.

Taking a treble today of over 2.5 goals in Uruawa Red Diamonds game at 11.30, mixing in over 1.5 goals in England U 19 v Scotland U 19 and over 1.5 goals in FC Honka v FC Lahti. Pays 2.65

Uruawa have been banging in goals lately 2 - 6 was the latest scoreline to Uruawa. Scotland U19 games seem to bring in the overs quite a lot lately, even over 3.5 but I'm gonna play it safe with 1.5.

All Honka's last 5 games have brought in over 2.5. All but 1 of Lahti's last 5 games has brought in over 1.5 so taking over 1.5 to try keep it safe. Checking their head to head makes me think that this could be good for an in play single too on the overs.

Fri 31/08/12 VEI Lahti
    3 - 2
    Honka View events More info
    Mon 25/06/12 VEI Honka
    3 - 2
    Lahti View events More info
    Wed 18/04/12 VEI Lahti
    2 - 1
    Wed 29/02/12 LEC Lahti
    2 - 2
    Tue 14/02/12 LEC Honka
    4 - 1
    Lahti View events More info

Hoping this is a safe enough treble to go on for today. Best of luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Does anyone know what kind of squad Germany will be playing with tonight? I'm assuming they'll be missing all their Bayern players due to them playing a cup match at the weekend. The odds were 1.60 yesterday but have risen to 1.80 today. Surely they'll be able to field a good enough squad to beat Ecuador?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble of:
    Belchatow - must win
    Under 3.5 in Aktobe vs Irtysh - Aktobe are very defensive minded this season
    BATE Borisov - must win as they are 6 pts behind the leaders
    @ 3.11

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

No Bayern or Dortmund players AFAIK.

Edit. @Arturo Bandini

Holtby and other U21 eligible players wont be there for Germany either, i suppose.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    No Bayern or Dortmund players AFAIK.

Edit. @Arturo Bandini

And I just seen that Ecuador has a fairly decent record in their last 5 games, so mite stay away from it. Saying that though most of the teams they've beat have been weak enough par Portugal, who seem to be very inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Rooney 2/1 to score anytime and England to win on Paddy Power. Any use i wonder.....

Rooney 2/1 to score anytime and England to win on Paddy Power. Any use i wonder.....

He will be well be putting his best foot forward tonight in game after the awkward end of season club stuff - that is for sure. He needs to get the UK media on his side again - and he should have a good game for that sole reason

Also, I have a feeling Ireland are going to get trounced tonight - but I am trying to hold back betting on just a "feeling"

Hoolahan Antime @ 8.50 seems like a fun shout too at high odds

The 2 or more goals market is not terrible either this time I noticed - everyone is near double figure odds for 2 or more goals

I am still looking at things - no bets made yet.

PS - I hate betting on friendlies, but will make an exception for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Does anyone know what kind of squad Germany will be playing with tonight? I'm assuming they'll be missing all their Bayern players due to them playing a cup match at the weekend. The odds were 1.60 yesterday but have risen to 1.80 today. Surely they'll be able to field a good enough squad to beat Ecuador?

Germany without : Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jérome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Müller, Mario Gomez, Toni Kroos, Holger Badstuber; Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer, Ilkay Gündogan, Mario Götze, Marco Reus; Mesut Özil, Sami Khedira; Andreas Beck.
    Sven Bender, Kevin Großkreutz und Miroslav Klose will play only match against USA 2 june.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Headshot wrote: »
    Im currently looking at England clean sheet @ 1/1

Ireland are awful fullstop and knowing Trap he'll have the team playing negative

Not to mention, Keane won't be 100%, he only played on Sunday and has a match this Sunday too. LA were reluctant to let him even play this match so no doubt he'll be subbed early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Duckworth Lewis

England v Republic of Ireland – Over 2.5 cards @ 1.80 (Bet365).

Hi lads, I’m relatively new to the forum and would appreciate any thoughts on this bet, which has caught my eye.

As anyone who follows our boys in green will know, tonight’s match may be a friendly by name, but not by nature! For anyone who is unaware, an intense rivalry exists between Ireland and England, and the last match between these two sides 18 years ago in Dublin was abandoned after 27 minutes because of crowd violence ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/25/england-ireland-1995-rioting-international ). In my view, this game may turn out to have more of a spicy derby feel to it tonight, rather than your typical end-of-season, dead rubber friendly.

Needless to say, Ireland will be well up for it tonight. For example, Ireland captain Robbie Keane (who is set to win his 124th cap tonight and scored a hat-trick for the LA Galaxy on Sunday) was a 14 year old in the stands that night as the violence erupted, and manager Giovanni Trappatoni has even said that his challenge isn’t to motivate his players for tonight’s game, but rather to keep them calm and composed. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/28/robbie-keane-england-republic-of-ireland

The referee for tonight is Scotland’s William Collum. Throughout the 2012/13 season, he has reffed 42 competitve matches including Scottish domestic games, Champions League, Europa League and a 2014 World Cup qualifier, dishing out a total of 145 cards (137 yellows, 8 reds), so roughly 3.45 cards a game. ( http://www.sharkscores.com/Referee/Default.aspx?id=2761 ) Having glanced at some stats, I make Ireland to have racked up an average of 1.8 cards per game so far in their 5 WC qualifiers while England appear to average 1.5 cards per game from their 6 WC qualifiers.

Although referees are usually much more lenient in friendlies than in competitve matches, tonight is no ordinary friendly and will hopefully play more like a derby. With this in mind, I think over 2.5 cards in the match may be worth a punt. Any thoughts?

Germany without : Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jérome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Müller, Mario Gomez, Toni Kroos, Holger Badstuber; Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer, Ilkay Gündogan, Mario Götze, Marco Reus; Mesut Özil, Sami Khedira; Andreas Beck.
    Sven Bender, Kevin Großkreutz und Miroslav Klose will play only match against USA 2 june.

Cheers.

Just found the full squad list.

Here it is for anyone that's interested:

Goal:
    René Adler
    Ron-Robert Zieler
    Marc-André ter Stegen

Defense:
    Dennis Aogo
    Benedikt Höwedes
    Marcell Jansen
    Per Mertesacker
    Heiko Westermann
    Philipp Wollscheid

Midfield:
    Lars Bender
    Sven Bender
    Julian Draxler
    Aaron Hunt
    Nicolai Müller
    Roman Neustädter
    Lukas Podolski
    Stefan Reinartz
    Sidney Sam
    André Schürrle

Forward:
    Max Kruse
    Miroslav Klose

It's from a few weeks ago so I'd assume there has been some changes since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Paddy's are paying double odd's if the first goalscorer bet score's twice.Was thinking rooney but not too sure about 9/2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement