Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

leewarden wrote: »
    It's Norway and Denmark. Sweden knocked out last night by Germany.
    Yep, nice present for the ma and a few bets today, all from €2!

Ah yeah yer right sorry I had it mixed. Denmark knocked France to get in this semi. Will still follow this one though cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Chelsea 1st half AH went from -1.5,-2 @ 1.975 to -1.5 @ 1.975...

Dunno what happened there but I took it

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

tinodz wrote: »
    Gave this a go. Hope to boom it in May 2014

...I hate season long bets though :mad:

It's gone into 25/1 already,You big market mover you.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Chelsea -3.5 a/h verses Indonesia xi today at 14:30 @ 1.8

Boom boom boom lemme hear you say waoooo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

tinodz wrote: »
    Gave this a go. Hope to boom it in May 2014

...I hate season long bets though :mad:

Could you link this market please, can't find it at all on the tablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Is livescore.com slow for anyone else? the site has been slow as hell for the past few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Will follow you on this, Norway very strong in that competition and Sweden being the hosts I would expect them to get on the scoresheet - also cause I'm a sucker for the W - D W and btts market :)

edit : is Norway - Denmark .. not Sweden.

Are you guys sure on this. Norway have kept clean sheets against better opposition than Denmark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

macabi hifa 4-0 up after 20+mins ... time to jump on the overs.

carrig2 wrote: »
    Are you guys sure on this. Norway have kept clean sheets against better opposition than Denmark?

I know what you mean but Denmark are the stick in the mud team in this competition. They have gotten to the semi without actually winning a match (extra time in last game) and they have scored in every game so far. It's not something I'd put a hefty stake on but I'm taking a small go at it tonight. I think Norway will definitely go through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone got the line up for Utrecht v Differdange 03 The home side were beaten 2-1 in the first leg which is embarrassing.

edit Utrecht XI Ruiter; Van der Maarel, Markiet, Heerings, Bulthuis; Duplan, Martensson, Toornstra, Oar; Schepers, Mulenga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

carrig2 wrote: »

They have but they have conceded to poorer opposition too (Iceland) and Denmark have scored in every match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/wayne-rooney/still-there-at-start-of-season

Can anyone tell me does this bet mean if hes still there by the time United play Swansea 1st game of the season you win the bet?? I can see this Rooney saga lasting till August 31st IF he is to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/wayne-rooney/still-there-at-start-of-season

Can anyone tell me does this bet mean if hes still there by the time United play Swansea 1st game of the season you win the bet?? I can see this Rooney saga lasting till August 31st IF he is to go.

Think so, although some would say the season opens with the community shield.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Think so, although some would say the season opens with the community shield.

Was thinking that aswell, 11th of August is community shield then. Hes gona be playing a pre season friendly in Norway/Sweden last week. No sign of United close to signing another cf, this looks a monster price

It states "Sat 31 August 22:59" on the bet so it's the end of the transfer window, not the first game!

• Advertisement

It states "Sat 31 August 22:59" on the bet so it's the end of the transfer window, not the first game!

You sure?? Where does it say that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I read somewhere recently that the transfer window doesn't end 'til a few days into September this year. Now, how true that is I do not know.

You sure?? Where does it say that??

If you click the link there to oddschecker and then click on either of the BetVictor odds it will go straight to their page

It shows it in small writing with a grey background, directly beneath where it says "Will Wayne Rooney still be a Man Utd player at start of 2013 / 2014 season? - Outright"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

any thoughts on Man Utd/Arsenals games in the morning ??

United have not impressed defensively ...so maybe BTTS ?
    (I haven't been keeping up on Arsenal's results ... have they been scoring/conceding)

Corkbah wrote: »
    any thoughts on Man Utd/Arsenals games in the morning ??

United have not impressed defensively ...so maybe BTTS ?
    (I haven't been keeping up on Arsenal's results ... have they been scoring/conceding)

Over 3.5 goals has come in for all Arsenal and utd pre season games so far. The odds are 4/7 for this in each game though. I'm thinking of mixing then and maybe adding Portugal u19 ht/ft maybe greuther Furth also.

Arsenal been starting with pretty strong side, got a good test last time off one of the j league teams just can't remember which one. If odds for BTTS is higher than over 3.5 I'll go that route also. Can see it coming in for both games.

• Advertisement

BTTS is 4/11 for both games on powers. Not sure about other bookies but will have a look in morn.

Quick look at some odds there but Arsenal are priced out out of it mostly.anyone thinking of looking at Uruawa Red Diamonds?. I really like this team and they are no strangers to pocketing goals. 10/3 for them to score both halves. They will be a much tighter proposition than Nagoya Grampus I reckon. Arsenal had their work cut out in that last game from what I read.

Haven't looked at United game yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Couple of bets with Dutch involvement:

Holland U19 - Spain U19
    Spain to score over 1,5 @1.9
    If Lithuania can score 2 agains tHolland, Portugal 4, Spain should be able to score 2
    crtainly because Holland will have to attack and win if they want to progress.

Heracles - Getafe
    Getafe @1.9
    Getafe lost 3-0 against AZ after a bad start of the match and 2 sending offs.
    They won against Groningen 3-1 and i rate groningen just higher after all those pplayers that left Heracles.

inforfun wrote: »

Holland U19 - Spain U19
    If Lithuania can score 2 agains tHolland, Portugal 4, Spain should be able to score 2
    crtainly because Holland will have to attack and win if they want to progress.

Heracles - Getafe
    Getafe @1.9
    Getafe lost 3-0 against AZ after a bad start of the match and 2 sending offs.
    They won against Groningen 3-1 and i rate groningen just higher after all those pplayers that left Heracles.

What is your fascination with the Dutch inforfun?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Inforun is the Ruud Gullit of Boards.ie:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

He's our Dutch ambassador .. from the Netherlands

What they said /\ /\

Well... not too sure about Gullit.

Cool, am part Dutch myself, hence name.

Ok guys, you want to know what I am doing today so you can do the opposite

Your nick is confusing me.
    Always read it as Leeuwarden, city in Holland. But then i think ... probably should be read as Lee Warden.

That's gas I read it as Lee Warden there too!.

Arsenal Team
    Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Miquel, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Gnabry, Giroud
    Subs: TBC

• Advertisement

Your nick is confusing me.
    Always read it as Leeuwarden, city in Holland. But then i think ... probably should be read as Lee Warden.

No, you are right it is Leeuwarden and pronounced more lay-u-warden but i wanted something like a name. ok, guys i am off to kick some Paddy Power a** with my €2. Let you know my bet in a bit:D

Vostok vs Shakhter in the Kazakh league tomorrow.

Shakhter (the team that knocked BATE out of the CL) have a CL game on Tuesday so their coach is going to use reserves for this game. They did the same thing before the return leg vs BATE and lost 3-1.

here's what the Shakhter coach said (google translated):
    July 27 will be a guest match with Vostok. We must assume that some players do not even fly to Ust-Kamenogorsk?
    - Those who will play in Astana, against the Albanians to remain in Astana, and conduct training. The other fly in Ust-Kamenogorsk. Since last year, the European Cup game after missing three yellow cards, but the inspector yesterday's match, said that after the disqualification of two cards. We managed to get two players on the two cards. We'll see the item, and decide who will depart for the match with Vostok, and who will be ready to play with the "Skenderbeu". In any case remain in Astana from 8 to 10 main players.

Vostok have a pretty good record at home, with only 2 defeats in 10 home games.

Vostok double chance @ 1.65

I added Under 3.5 in Kuressaare vs Trans to bring the odds to 2.19

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Vostok vs Shakhter in the Kazakh league tomorrow.

Shakhter (the team that knocked BATE out of the CL) have a CL game on Tuesday so their coach is going to use reserves for this game. They did the same thing before the return leg vs BATE and lost 3-1.

here's what the Shakhter coach said (google translated):
    July 27 will be a guest match with Vostok. We must assume that some players do not even fly to Ust-Kamenogorsk?
    - Those who will play in Astana, against the Albanians to remain in Astana, and conduct training. The other fly in Ust-Kamenogorsk. Since last year, the European Cup game after missing three yellow cards, but the inspector yesterday's match, said that after the disqualification of two cards. We managed to get two players on the two cards. We'll see the item, and decide who will depart for the match with Vostok, and who will be ready to play with the "Skenderbeu". In any case remain in Astana from 8 to 10 main players.

Vostok have a pretty good record at home, with only 2 defeats in 10 home games.

Vostok double chance @ 1.65

I added Under 3.5 in Kuressaare vs Trans to bring the odds to 2.19

Kazakh league not listed in Paddy Powers

Kazakh league not listed in Paddy Powers

I'd check again later if I were you, they had the previous round of the Kazakh league

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/kazakhstan/premier-league-2013/shakhtar-karagandy-ordabasy-63rjw2gF/#1X2;2

Taking Greuther Furth today @5/6 .. dropped from evens last night. Won their first game in the league last week and won all friendlies before that. Smashed Celtic 6 - 2 in the process.

edit: pays 2.14 on Betfair.

Mixing them with Kaiserslautern, Portugal u19 ht/ft and France u19 to win in a four fold also paying 9.1

Portugal u19 hit 4 against Netherlands last time any chance they could do the same today against Lithuania ?. it's 12/5 for Portugal u19 4 or more goals. Anyone who follows the u19 think there is a good chance?. Spain u19 only knocked 2 against Lithuania last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic v Borussia M'gladbach
    Borussia M'gladbach 13/8
    Celtic don't do well in pre season friendlies against european opposition just 1 win in the last 14. Celtic already been beaten by 2 other german teams in pre season so far Greuther Fürth 6-2 and Union Berlin 3-0.

magherakid wrote: »
    Borussia M'gladbach 13/8
    Celtic don't do well in pre season friendlies against european opposition just 1 win in the last 14. Celtic already been beaten by 2 other german teams in pre season so far Greuther Fürth 6-2 and Union Berlin 3-0.

Just grabbed some of that too .. brave price for the bookies to put up with that history against European sides.

Just spotted some others that might interest too

Bayern Munich are 10/11 on Hills to win the Super CUp on Sat

also

Germany ladies win @ 3/5

Norway women went to extra time last night against Denmark and looked tired even during normal time. They meet Germany women in the final Sunday. Norway beat Germany earlier in the competition but i just can't see it in the final. I fancy germany and so do the bookies. Best price currently 3/5 on Betway.

I think I'll let this go in play to see if the price rises.

Bolton enduring a very bad preseason meet Betis of all teams tonight. Betis beat Huddersfield Town 4 2 on the first leg of the UK tour. I think they could take Bolton too, they are definitely the superior team on paper. I intend on backing Betis on each leg of the UK tour.

Some info

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/7/25/4556930/match-preview-bolton-wanderers-v-real-betis

Betis win going for 23/17 on 188bet and 4/3 on betfair.

So Shakhter will officially be without 8 players:

Alexander Mokin (1st choice GK), Alexander Simchevich (DEF, 16/0), Andrew Poryvaev (DEF 15/0), Nikola Vasiljevic (DEF, 16/1), Aldin Dzhidich (DEF 9/1), Andrew Finonchenko (striker, 18/3), Roger Cañas (MID, 19/4) and Gevorg Ghazaryan. (MID 1/0)

Sergei Hizhnichenko (striker, 16/5), Gediminas Vichyus (mid, 14/1) and Igor Zen'kovich (striker, 5/2) are expected to play no more than 45 minutes.

source: http://sports.kz/news/kumyikov-i-vosem-futbolistov-ne-poleteli-v-ust-kamenogorsk

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Borussia M'gladbach 13/8

That us brilliant value. Thanks for finding it. I got 29/20 on sky bet. Cheeky 10er on it

Some info ahead of the super cup

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8841869/
    Bayern will be without goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and winger Franck Ribery after both men sustained minor injuries against Barca while Mario Gotze, signed from Dortmund prior to the end of last season, is still not fit.

Dortmund also have their selection worries with new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan sidelined, along with full-back Lukasz Piszczek.

Dortmund goals on the radar with Neuer missing??.

Taking Greuther Furth today @5/6 .. dropped from evens last night. Won their first game in the league last week and won all friendlies before that. Smashed Celtic 6 - 2 in the process.

edit: pays 2.14 on Betfair.

Mixing them with Kaiserslautern, Portugal u19 ht/ft and France u19 to win in a four fold also paying 9.1

Portugal u19 hit 4 against Netherlands last time any chance they could do the same today against Lithuania ?. it's 12/5 for Portugal u19 4 or more goals. Anyone who follows the u19 think there is a good chance?. Spain u19 only knocked 2 against Lithuania last game.

Furth winner.

Four fold blown by France .... they seem to mess up at least one match in group stage that they should win at every age level.

Portugal .... yes they can!. 4 - 2 .... I forgot to take this single but well in anyone who did. I have it in an accum that is still running though.

Bolton enduring a very bad preseason meet Betis of all teams tonight. Betis beat Huddersfield Town 4 2 on the first leg of the UK tour. I think they could take Bolton too, they are definitely the superior team on paper. I intend on backing Betis on each leg of the UK tour.

Some info

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/7/25/4556930/match-preview-bolton-wanderers-v-real-betis

Betis win going for 23/17 on 188bet and 4/3 on betfair.

Betis winner. I see they play Wolves tomorrow. I am not sure about backing them in that game till I see the team sheet and check who plays...more importantly if they played in this match tonight also. Could be some tired legs out there.

Any thought's on The Dutch Super Cup tomorrow Infor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Holland U19 - Spain U19

Cheers for those lads, good shouts. Have them in a treble with this:
    Borussia M'gladbach 13/8

So knowing my luck Celtic will play out of their skin :o

• Advertisement

Some info ahead of the super cup

Dortmund goals on the radar with Neuer missing??.

It'll be interesting to see who start's up front for Dortmund,Aubameyang or Lewandowski?

bradlente wrote: »
    Any thought's on The Dutch Super Cup tomorrow Infor?

Posted a while ago already to take Ajax stright win which was 1.57. Now down to 1.4
    Also took them last week -1 AH @1.9 which now would need -1,5 AH

So the value is a bit gone already imo.

I really want that -1AH to come in because that would bring home €160 from a 3/4 sytem i took last week. Already 3 winners in there.

Anyway.

Match is in Amsterdam so home advantage for Ajax.

Ajax did have a very good pre-season. Good wins if you consider that did 2 gams/1day two times and won all 4 of those matches. Which means they have a squad that can bring 2 pretty good teams on the pitch.

No major changes for Ajax. Didnt lose anyone too important (yet) and brought in Kkrc.. Krkk...Krkic Bojan who was pretty damn good the 45 minutes i saw him against Bremen.

AZ lost their 2 main men in Altidore and Maher. So that should hurt.
    Their friendlies resulted in 3-0 wins against MVV and Getafe and 3-0 loss against Go Ahead Eagles.
    They have a new cfwd in Johanson who scored in both those victories. New is relative here as he was already brought in in january but AZ chose to let him get used to his new environment first and did only use him as a sub at the end of last season.

The thing with AZ is... the last 4 H2H in Amsterdam, they havent lost. Which is rather impressive but they really shouldnt cause too many problems today.

I checked last night if Paddy Power had the WDW/BTTS for this match because i would take another bite at that. But they hadnt.

So at the moment i am not going to take anything on this match. But that is because i already have a big win waiting on this one and might have to cover myself during the match.

An 3-1 for Ajax looks to be on the table.

Here's hoping Mikeyt086. I'm waiting on that Gladbach result as a single and a double also with Betis which is in so hopefully they win.

Any J league followers hitting anything this morning?. I have Gamba Osaka in an accumulator down to the last three although they won their last match they drew and lost before that. Drew in the last head to head with tokyo verdy at home in April 0 - 0 however they won all 5 head to heads before that.

5/6 this morning if anyone thinking of going for them.

I have Helsinki -1 handicap and Bayern Munich as the other legs of the accumulator.

Edit: Decided to start laying this accum off. It's worth 3729 so might as well start to make some along the way in case it goes bust. taking tokyo verdy +1 on that basis at 5/6 also. Heading out for a cycle to mull over my master plan now :)

bradlente wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see who start's up front for Dortmund,Aubameyang or Lewandowski?

Def. Especially with Bayern's president coming out saying Lewandowski will be singing for them next year. I can't see this affecting the decision though .. would opt for Lewandowski start myself.

I see Munchengladbach are playing in Bundesleiga today as well as against Celtic. Maybe Celtic are playing reserves or am i missing something

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement