Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Really need Spurs to get dem corners.
    Where can u back spurs to get 6 corners. I'm in the corner market on pp but I can't see it

Bale to score

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bale to score
    Be some happy bookies if he doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

hsan wrote: »
    Where can u back spurs to get 6 corners. I'm in the corner market on pp but I can't see it

Home team corners on the Paddy Power site , over 6 was evens now 10/11

lol :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    bale anytime 5/4
    bale first 9/2

Again :eek:

what a legend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Said it in the live thread, but I just don't get the bookies odds on Bale scoring goals. There's strikers in far worse form but with lower odds. Have to imagine they are getting spanked every time Bale plays...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for Under 2.5 in Benfica vs Bordeaux @ 1.83

Bordeaux are the kings of defensive football, they'll most likely play with 5 at the back tonight like they often do in big games. They usually do well away from home vs big teams:
    0-0 vs PSG
    2-0 win vs Lyon
    1-0 win vs Nice (who are very strong at home)
    1-1 vs Dynamo Kiev
    They're not doing too well in the league atm cuz they're focusing entirely on the Europa League and the French Cup.

FT 1-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

So, Spurs are an Evens double Chance vs Liverpool on Bet365 this Sunday

That's a bit mad right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Tottenham v Inter Milan
    Just one bet here. The Bale wincast 21/10. This bet has been so good to me the last 3 or 4 weeks. Can't ignore at them odds. He also has history against Milan scoring the hat trick in the San Siro and he took them apart in the home leg too

This has been my best year ever gambling... woooooo :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    So, Spurs are an Evens double Chance vs Liverpool on Bet365 this Sunday

That's a bit mad right?

I've been riding the Bale wincast train as hard as anyone but I think they might come a cropper on Sunday though.... I'll have to research it later but Liverpool play better when theres no real pressure and the front 3 of Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez will cause any team problems... I'll do a write up later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Late night double...

Boca Juniors
    LA Galaxy

Q.P.R. v Sunderland
    You might be tempted to get involved with QPR again this weekend after a massive win last weekend against Southampton saw them move to within 4 points of 17th place Wigan. However, I think 5/4 is still too short for a team with one home win all season. The win over Southampton was slightly fortuitous and i don't think a corner has been turned. Southampton had twice the possession and created 3 times as many chances and they had to rely on an excellent save late on from Robert Green.
    The safer option is definitely to go with unders. QPR have failed to score in their last 5 home games. They really struggle to break teams down when they are the ones expected to attack. Sunderland themselves are on a poor run of goalscoring form having only managed 4 goals in their last 5 league games.
    I'm more inclined to take the 6/4 on Remy anytime as opposed to the QPR win at 5/4 as I've already mentioned their form. He has 2 league goals from his 3 starts and he took his goal really well against Southampton and he offered a threat in behind.
    Under 2.5 goals 3/4 - Collected in QPR's last 4 home games
    Remy anytime 6/4

Reading v Aston Villa

This is a proverbial relegation 6 pointer with both teams occupying the drop zone with one point separating them. Just looking at their recent games it seems overs is the way to go here. You have to go back to the 29th December for the last time there was less than 3 goals in a Reading league game, a run stretching over 8 games. Similarly the overs have collected in 10 of Villa's last 12 league encounters with the 2 games where this didn't happen being home games where they parked the bus. The overs have come in for Villa's last 6 away games with an average of 4.8 goals per game.
    With Reading's defense being particularly porous of late (8 goals conceded in last 3 games) I like Benteke anytime at 11/8. He has been a revelation this season and to score 11 goals in his debut season in a struggling team tells you of his quality. He has fared better on the road of late with 6 of his last 8 league strikes being on the road and he has found the net in 3 of his last 4 on the road.
    Over 2.5 goals 4/5
    Benteke anytime 11/8 - scored in 3 of last 4 away games

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

GK1001 wrote: »
    Going to get on Bale anytime tonight in a couple of doubles. Have avoided him on his recent amazing streak for no real reason other than the fear that when I back him he's going to stop...so sorry in advance...

anyway done 2 doubles
    bale anytime with spurs over 6.5 corners at 5/2 and
    bale anytime with over 12 corners at just under 5/1

undecided on whether to back anything else in this match...the corners market been really good to me in the past month and the over 12 at 11/5 or thereabouts is very tempting for an outright bet...but first legs can be cagey though with neither team wanting to concede and alot of the game being played out in the middle

This was painful. Was out with the missus and her friends and trying to keep tabs on the match in the background. Good man Bale. Now for the corners. 2 zip at ht and I can't see my corners coming up so I try to lay it off on my crappy blackberry. It's taking an age to load pages and she's giving me grief about putting the phone down so I say f*ck it, let it ride. I gave up watching after 3 nil cos it was never happening then.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

I think Man City to win to nil 5/6 is a great bet this weekend. City will field a strong side as the cup is all they have to play for. They have not conceded in the cup yet this season and have been keeping a lot of clean sheets in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

LOI Waterford v Finn Harps

I'm hearing good things about Harps pre season so far which has included almost 10 games and the involvement of Donegal GAAs fitness coach.

On the other hand my beloved Blues have lost their electric striker Maguire to west ham, and best mf Dempsey to Bray and preparations have not gone great I hear.

Jurys out on whether to go for a Harps Double chance or Harps win. Evens or 7/2 on betfair.

I'm gonna bite the bullet on the win, greedy maybe, but I fully expect harps will not lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Harps have a few missing, full a strength squad I'd tend to agree, but waterford will will win tonight.

Under 2.5 in Sheriff vs Dacia (Moldovan league) @ 1.50

1st vs 2nd, big derby, games between these 2 teams almost always go under 2.5

head 2 head stats: http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/03/09/moldova/divizia-naional/fc-sheriff-tiraspol/fc-dacia-chisinau/1317677/head2head/

Views on Guingamp and Monacotonight las?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nothing jumping out at me so a small bet on over 1.5 in the 5 League of Ireland games at just over 3/1.

• Advertisement

Keano! wrote: »
    Views on Guingamp and Monacotonight las?

The Chateauroux vs Monaco game will be played on an artificial pitch which seems to be a big advantage for Chateauroux since all their wins this season were at home. Dunno how Monaco will cope with the pitch.
    No idea about Guingamp tbh, I trust very few teams in that league.

Small double of:
    Lens double chance
    Le Havre to score a goal
    @ 2.07

The Chateauroux vs Monaco game will be played on an artificial pitch which seems to be a big advantage for Chateauroux since all their wins this season were at home. Dunno how Monaco will cope with the pitch.
    No idea about Guingamp tbh, I trust very few teams in that league.

Small double of:
    Lens double chance
    Le Havre to score a goal
    @ 2.07

Hmmm... Might keep the cash for the weekends action. Suddenly don't fancy it knowing now that they use an artificial pitch... Still fancy Monaco mind you but enough to say me away from it.. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Gonna keep my cash for the weekend too but just did BTTS on:

Derry vs Sligo
    St Pats vs Drogheda
    Bray vs Shelbroune
    Waterford vs Harps

Did it at around 13/1 to keep myself interested for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Borussia Moenchengladbach v Werder Bremen

Half with most goals - Second Half 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

s el shaar wincast 12/5
    1st gs 9/2

cant believe im betting on milan away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Ac milan to win
    Porto to win

6/4 £40

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

QPR to win
    Man Utd to win
    Villa/Reading BTTS
    Liverpool/Spurs BTTS

9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any fancies for tomorrow lads? Northampton look a great bet at home to Accrington Stanley at 4/5 IMO.

Small double of:
    Lens double chance
    Le Havre to score a goal
    @ 2.07

Boom :)

More money on Kayrat then!

• Advertisement

Gutted lads had a nice bet on ballotelli anytime milan win

Ballotelli scored
    Milan look like winning

Yet hills say because ballotelli didunt start despite scoring anytime the bet will be void

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Avfctom wrote: »

Ballotelli scored
    Milan look like winning

Yet hills say because ballotelli didunt start despite scoring anytime the bet will be void

He scored anytime and his team won. Take it to arbitration if they don't pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Jeez that's some joke.. Theys have taken that bet as a loser if he didn't score u know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Ballotelli scored
    Milan look like winning

That is an absolute Fücking joke man, do not let them get away with that... The Bet is a winner you didnt say if he would start or not, If you bet on ballotelli anytime they have to honor it.

I REMEMBER DOING BETS WHERE I HAD A PLAYER TO SCORE ANYTIME AND THEY DIDN'T START AND CAME OFF THE BENCH WITH LIKE 10 MINS TO GO, AND BECAUSE HE PLAYED LIKE A FEW MINUTES EVEN THE BET STOOD AND THEY KEPT MY MONEY.

Had Ballotelli not scored when he came on there isnt a fücking hope of them voiding the bet they cert of kept the money.

This Fücking rages me mate dont let em get away with it :mad: they are fücking crooks the lot of them....

#rantover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ballotelli scored
    Milan look like winning

Hills do stipulate with that bet that if the player doesn't start, the bet is void. This is made clear enough when you place the bet.

If he had come off the bench, and didn't score, the bet would be voided. Likewise if he comes off the bench and scores, as has happened, the bet is rightfully voided. Can't have it both ways.

Perhaps it should be settled as a straight Milan win?

• Advertisement

Higgytash wrote: »

I REMEMBER DOING BETS WHERE I HAD A PLAYER TO SCORE ANYTIME AND THEY DIDN'T START AND CAME OFF THE BENCH WITH LIKE 10 MINS TO GO, AND BECAUSE HE PLAYED LIKE A FEW MINUTES EVEN THE BET STOOD AND THEY KEPT MY MONEY.

Maybe because there was no stipulation over whether the player starts or not?

On a side note, I think you've only yourself to blame if you back a player to score without knowing the lineups. I think people who do it are crazy with the exception of certain circumstances like when you're getting a really nice price on a player that you're 90% sure will start and you think the price will shorten by the time the lineups are announced.

Perhaps it should be settled as a straight Milan win?

It wasn't the bet though. I think that sort of thing would be a gesture of goodwill, but I wouldn't expect them to do it at all, nor have I ever heard of it.

IMO all bets should have clear guidelines (most do) and those guidelines should be stuck to as strictly and stringently as possible on both sides, otherwise things just get messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Don't mean to gloat but I had the same bet and am delighted with it :D

http://gyazo.com/0385df6a1ad2ad200d0f7e11eb9ffcb1 - (In before "aftertiming") :pac:

Disappointed to hear that about your bet mate but if there is proof that they would void the bet in a similar situation had he not scored then I wouldn't be overly harsh on Hills. Frustrating all the same.

Onwards and upwards. One big bet this weekend for me. Liverpool vs Spurs Over 12 corners @ 23/20

'Pool average 9ish at home, spurs 6.8 away from home. Both teams going for the win. Large stake.

Blatter wrote: »

On a side note, I think you've only yourself to blame if you back a player to score without knowing the lineups. I think people who do it are crazy with the exception of certain circumstances like when you're getting a really nice price on a player that you're 90% sure will start and you think the price will shorten by the time the lineups are announced.

I dont think it was stupid backing Ballotelli tonight??? I think everyone expected him to start tonight seeing as he cant play against Barca, quite shocked he didnt to be honest considering his form for Milan.

Anyway I got the jist of it wrong mate, didnt realise Hills had different rules to that bet and they are clearly known.

Balotelli was set to start but Allegri felt before the game that starting would be too much because of his shinbone injury so benched him. He was always going to play at least 30+ mins with Pazzini needing a rest for the Barca game and in the end he played 70 mins.

• Advertisement

Higgytash wrote: »
    I dont think it was stupid backing Ballotelli tonight??? I think everyone expected him to start tonight seeing as he cant play against Barca, quite shocked he didnt to be honest considering his form for Milan.

Anyway I got the jist of it wrong mate, didnt realise Hills had different rules to that bet and they are clearly known.

Yeah I can see why you'd have thought he'd start. Read he was carrying a slight injury though, that was probably why he didn't.

Small bet on Cavani anytime scorer vs Chievo @ Evens as well.

Been too long since he's scored

Yh just read through there terms my own fault for not reading beforehand presumed all bookies had similar rules next time i do a wincast il make sure its paddys

I was certain ballotelli would start so thought the 5/2 was a nice price but nevermind my porto milan double softrned the blow on to the next one lads think benteke wincast at 5/1 is worth a bet scores majority of hes goals away from home

5/6 on Both Teams to score Ross County v Celtic is a good bet in my opinion, Celtic just back from their disappointing trip to Italy, will be on a low in my opinion. Ross county on the other hand haven't lost at home in 8 games and have won 7 of last 10 game and draw 3 with no losses, this is the best time Ross County could have hoped to face Celtic who are really leaky at the back away lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

This is probably more coincidence than fact and not very solid at that... but Everton seem to get a lot of penalties in the FA cup. They've gotten 2 in the 5 games they've played. What's more.... Wigan have given away 7 penalties in the premier league so far this season... the most of any team. Baines hardly ever misses a penalty.

I'm after writing that out only to check the odds and discover PP are doing penalty to be scored at 12/5... which are very poor odds. William Hill doing the same for 18/5. Everton to score a penalty are 7/2 on PP. Worth a punt or two imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

FatRat wrote: »
    This is probably more coincidence than fact and not very solid at that... but Everton seem to get a lot of penalties in the FA cup. They've gotten 2 in the 5 games they've played. What's more.... Wigan have given away 7 penalties in the premier league so far this season... the most of any team. Baines hardly ever misses a penalty.

I'm after writing that out only to check the odds and discover PP are doing penalty to be scored at 12/5... which are very poor odds. William Hill doing the same for 18/5. Everton to score a penalty are 7/2 on PP. Worth a punt or two imo.

How about baines anytime @11/4. So pretty much covers Everton to score a penalty if baines starts, and covers his frees and threat from open play

FatRat wrote: »

good shout about the penalties. i was toying with the baines wincast at 7/2 but I'm definitely getting on it now... fingers crossed another good day :D:D

It wasn't the bet though. I think that sort of thing would be a gesture of goodwill, but I wouldn't expect them to do it at all, nor have I ever heard of it.

IMO all bets should have clear guidelines (most do) and those guidelines should be stuck to as strictly and stringently as possible on both sides, otherwise things just get messy.

I agree it wasn't the bet. It was just a potential compromise solution that could have been proposed in arbitration. But, if it is the case that this particular bookie has their own regulations on this bet and advertise them, then it's likely that arbitration won't go anywhere. I guess thanks is due for letting us all know never ever to put such bets on with that bookie ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Today's 2 bets;

Villa
    City
    Everton
    Just over 3/1 pp
    €8 on

Benteke wincast
    Baines wincast
    Just under 20/1 pp
    €10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Valenciennes FC v Lille OSC
    Valenciennes FC: Camara (6/0 m), Djuric (0/0 m), Gomis (17/0 m), Le Tallec (20/5 f), Massampu (0/0 f), Traoré (1/0 d), Mater (22/1 d), Sankharé (6/0 d)
    Lille OSC: Mendes (9/2 f), Mavuba (15/0 m), Chedjou (25/3 d)
    pick 2

Mönchengladbach v Werder Bremen
    Mönchengladbach: Marx (17/2 m)
    Werder Bremen: Wolf (0/0 g), Prödl (21/1 d), Sokratis (22/1 d), Bargfrede (7/0 m), P. Stevanovic (0/0 m), Akpala (18/1 f), Füllkrug (12/1 f)
    pick 1

St Johnstone v Kilmarnock FC
    St Johnstone: Cregg (21/1 m), Wright (29/1 d) (doubtful)
    Kilmarnock FC: Hay (4/0 d), McKeown (15/0 d), Pascali (24/3 m), McKenzie (18/1 f), Borja Perez (19/3 m)
    pick 1

Queen of the South v Ayr United
    Queen of the South: McShane (0/0 m)
    Ayr United: Moffat (26/15 top scorer), Winters (27/4 f), J. Robertson (16/0 d), McAusland (20/3 f), Campbell (2/0 d), McGowan (3/0 m)
    pick 1

Elche CF v CD Mirandés
    Elche CF: Javi Flores (0/0 m), Beranger (7/0 d), Pelayo (18/1 m)
    CD Mirandés: Infante (14/2 f), Antonio Martínez (1/0 m) (both doubtful), Raúl García (6/1 d), Koikili (14/0 d), Agustín (19/0 m)
    pick 1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement