Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my bets

Single
    Vitesse & Over 2.5 @ 4/1

Double
    Hannover 96 v Eintracht Frankfurt
    (Hannover Draw No Bet) 4/6
    Draw or Vitesse 5/6

I probably should of gone for Diouf to score for Hannover since he's in excellent form but meh. Ill probably regret that

edit

Also Bony for Vit is another goal scorer that stands out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Already have a nice bet on Utd to win but I was just checking a few stats and I like the look of Utd to be winning at half time and full time at 9/5.
    United have beaten Chelsea in 5 of the last 7 in all competitions. All five of these victories they were leading at both half time and full time. 7 of their last 8 league wins have this bet has also collected. Worth considering anyway. Gl every1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Was a great game

Im looking at the Twente game and I cant get over the odds on Vit

They have been in form and lets face it Twente are pretty poor

I like the DC @ 5/6 but what really stands out at me is the Vit win and over 2.5 goals @ 4/1

what ya think infor?

Any team news I should know?

Sorry for the late reply, see you made up your mind already. Bit of a cold/flu here so staring at a pc screen all day is not a joy.

Just read that the Twente interim coach has kicked Douglas out of the 1st selection due to unprofessional behaviour and was going to post to go for Vitesse now for sure.
    He is their best defender even without being very good lately.

Vitesse will be without Cziommer, wont hurt them. See below.
    Van de Heiden is a doubt but if he cant play, Vitesse squad is strong enough to deal with that.

Vitesse DNB @2,5 or just the straight win @3.6 cant be ignored.

Twente havent won a single match in 2013 and Vitesse will be up for it. Still in the title race and after last nights loss for PSV even more so.

Also Vitesse will have Theo Janssen back who used to play for Twente and he always plays well against his former clubs. Very much a big game player.

He ll be worht a small bet @4.33 any time. Just be careful when you go for that, Twente has also a "jansen" in the team. Pick the right one.
    Bony @1.95, will not see him on those odds again this season apart from when Vitesse plays Feyenoord away.

And just as last week, all 4 matches today in Holland @7.35 for overs.

And oh, i would prefer the Vitesse win @3.6 instead of the win&overs. Vitesse would need to score 3 for your bet because Twente has been pretty toothless in front of goal.
    Might be contradicting myself with the overs bet i did but if you are just going for a single bet on that match i would take the straight win. Can see it easily finishing 0-2.

If the 1st 3 come in on my overs bet, i ll cover my ass with under for sure on Twente - Vitesse. It is the one i trust the least for that overs bet. Not too sure about utrecht either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I'm not sure how any of those stats translate into a Bale wincast.

A stat that might interest you is that Liverpool have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 10 home league matches and as far as I'm aware have a full strength defence tomorrow.

Tottenham have had 3 days rest for this match - Liverpool have had 8 after dismantling a Wigan team who today went out and beat Everton 3-0.

Bale has scored 24 goals from just 54 shots on target (He has been incredibly lucky this season combined with playing very well). The Bale wincast is mentioned here everytime Bale plays so ye might find the Opta Stats in this article useful in deciding bet/stake/value for the remainder of the season.

Regardless as a Liverpool supporter (a poor choice in my youth) I can't back them profitably and I can't bring myself to back against them so good luck with whatever bet you choose.

I do think the stats prove that the bookies are overselling Liverpool. They have done this constantly.

I was not trying to prove the Bale Wincast was a certainty with the stats, I was just commenting that Spurs have a much better chance against Pool than the odds suggest,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    My only bet for today Reading V Aston Villa over 2.5 goals @ 17/20 with Lads - max stake :cool:

Readings last 5 are over 2.5 and are 4/5 overs in last 5 home games
    Villa last 4/5 are over 2.5 and are 5/5 overs in last 5 away games

Smaller stake on over 3.5 @ 11/5 with Boyles:(

Main bet came in yesterday:D and going to follow whoever recommended Spurs D/C @ 5/6 - great value imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Small double of Tenerife/Hertha Berlin after yesterdays poor day

Hernandez Anytime @ 2.10

Since Hernandez joined Utd in 2010, they have played Chelsea H2H 9 time. Hernandez has scored a goal in 6 out of those 9 games.

I think I might combine this with Shane St posts above, and go for a nice Hernandez Wincast @ 3.10

Will wait to see if he is in the starting XI first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

A LOT of money is being placed on Ararat Yerevan... odds dropped from ~3.50 to 1.70 and the game's been pulled from several bookies.

the game starts in 5 min, but you can bet on it live with some bookies.

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/armenia/premier-league/ulisses-yerevan-ararat-yerevan-1109991/#1X2;2

also, the max stake for this bet on Bwin is €85...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool have been a lot of very poor prices this year, but 5/6 ranks up there as one of the worst. By all logic they should be 11/8 or 6/4. Brilliant value lay today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Liverpool have been a lot of very poor prices this year, but 5/6 ranks up there as one of the worst. By all logic they should be 11/8 or 6/4. Brilliant value lay today

To illustrate how wrong the price is, I got 5/6 on Spurs draw no bet in the reverse fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

One bet today, lumping on Utd at 5/6. Thought they'd be shorter than that and all things considered I think they'll win.

A LOT of money is being placed on Ararat Yerevan... odds dropped from ~3.50 to 1.70 and the game's been pulled from several bookies.

the game starts in 5 min, but you can bet on it live with some bookies.

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/armenia/premier-league/ulisses-yerevan-ararat-yerevan-1109991/#1X2;2

also, the max stake for this bet on Bwin is €85...

and they lost 1-0... very strange :pac:

From now on, I'll stick to the Macedonian and Maltese leagues for fixed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Andy_rse wrote: »
    How do you get this up on the website if ur using an I phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

shrewdness wrote: »
    One bet today, lumping on Utd at 5/6. Thought they'd be shorter than that and all things considered I think they'll win.

on it big myself

Anyone else on over 12 corners 6/5, Liverpool v Tottenham

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Thinking of absolutely lumping on united 5/6

Cant see past united in this one they look as good as ive ever seen them lately, Chelsea are having an awful season club in disarray in my opinion, have lost to Steaua, toon, city and drawn against brentford stoke and swansea away from home since the new year.

United are class at home in my opinion and be a wounded animal after what happened against Madrid think they will really go for the FA cup in a big way this year. Chelsea played a strong squad away in Romania Thursday really cant see them getting anything from this game....

Thinking of sticking me worth on Man United all or nothing :pac: ... football results all over the place this weather so cant decide if i should :confused:

Will have a €20 punt also on

Spurs Win
    United -1
    10/1

Really think United will have a performance in them today, Spurs are dodgy but think they will be bhoyed after the great performance against Milan.

Banker of the day is Both teams to score Pool v Spurs 4/7

Suarez on fire this season and at home pool have scored

3 - 5 - 0 - 5 - 3 - 4 goals in past 6 games. Spurs have scored in each of their past 10 games and pools defence aint exactly top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

magherakid wrote: »
    on it big myself

Anyone else on over 12 corners 6/5, Liverpool v Tottenham

On it myself, with liverpool averaging 8.79 corners at home and Spurs averaging 6.79 corners away I can only see it going over.

Also fancy over 6 first half corners (in pool/spurs game) @ 8/5 (William Hill) and Utd win with over 2.5 goals in the match 7/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A double of Man U and btts in Liverpool/Spurs

PP have enhanced the Rooney wincast to 5/2, also interesting.

As I said before I can't see past Utd, and assuming Rooney starts he'll hopefully want to prove a point after being left out against Real. Depending on the teams I'll probably throw a tenner on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Utd @ 5/6 and Over 12 Corners in Liv vs Spurs @11/10 small double.

Also stuck a few euro on that enhanced scoring bet of Suarez+Bale any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

gone for 0-0 ht in Liverpool game 11/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Over 12 corners and over 2.5 goal in Liverpool vs Spurs @ 13/5... great value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

hsan wrote: »
    How do you get this up on the website if ur using an I phone?

If you're able to search the site just type in "Enhanced" and it will bring up their specials. It may be expired now though, they don't tend to stay up for long.

Vitesse DnB also @ 11/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anyone for newcastle?
    I think it looks just as good a bet as utd at much
    the same price esp with the form stoke are in

was tempted to go big on spurs double chance but ive too much
    invested in bets that look less solid so ive only myself to blame but
    until bale stops scoring I feel i have to go in again

hoping to get a few quid off this double instead
    newcastle 4/5
    spurs and draw 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Andy_rse wrote: »
    If you're able to search the site just type in "Enhanced" and it will bring up their specials. It may be expired now though, they don't tend to stay up for long.

good ol paddy :pac:

i backed that suarez/bale score anytime double last nite at 11/2 and that was the price without any enhancement
    mind you I had to go looking for it

Bologna nice enough odds away to Inter Milan 7/2.

Inter played a strong squad against Spurs Thursday night and got hockied. Bologna actually beat Inter 3-0 in san siro in the league exactly 1 year ago. I reckon they could well do it again. Granted Bologna away reckord aint great but they on a nice little run of form and I reckon its a great time to play Inter who look really poor of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Paul16

Liverpool to win is the bet of the day for me,going to do a double with both teams to score in the utd game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gone with this today.

7aapjw.jpg

Potential returns: €96.92

• Advertisement

Newcastle and United double @ 9/4 ... Last bet.... hopefully :pac:

Higgytash wrote: »
    Bologna nice enough odds away to Inter Milan 7/2.

Inter played a strong squad against Spurs Thursday night and got hockied. Bologna actually beat Inter 3-0 in san siro in the league exactly 1 year ago. I reckon they could well do it again. Granted Bologna away reckord aint great but they on a nice little run of form and I reckon its a great time to play Inter who look really poor of late.

Bologna +1 is EVENS @ PP , im all over that Like mayonnaise on a bologna sandwich.. I wont lie im currently **** furiously to that bet

178578.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

FatRat wrote: »
    Newcastle and United double @ 9/4 ... Last bet.... hopefully :pac:

[Pedantic]Manchester United yeah?[/Pedantic]

;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    [Pedantic]Manchester United yeah?[/Pedantic]

;)

No .... Newcastle and Chelsea United :)

Patriotic bet on Newcastle @ 1.75 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Newcastle vs Stoke City

11 out of 14 games have had 3 goals or less in Newcastle's home games this season. There has been 3 goals or less in 10 games out of 14 in Stoke's away games this season.

Under 3.5 Goals.

Liverpool vs Tottenham

8 out of 14 games have had 3 goals or more in Liverpool's home games this season. 5 of the last 6 games have had 3 or more goals at Anfield. There has been 3 goals or more in 11 games out of 14 games in Tottenhams away games this season.

Over 2.5 Goals.

Two bets combined - Just over evens.

• Advertisement

Liverpool team to play Tottenham: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

Tottenham team to play Liverpool: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Bale, Defoe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Liverpool team to play Tottenham: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

Tottenham team to play Liverpool: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Bale, Defoe

If there aren't goals and corners in this match - I'll be giving up!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If there aren't goals and corners in this match - I'll be giving up!

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

spurs double chance @5/6 paddy power worth a shout

Rooney starts for Man Utd, Van Persie doesn't

Man Utd team to play Chelsea: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez

Chelsea team to play Man Utd: Cech, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Ba

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good news for the Rooney wincast I guess. A bit surprised though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good news for the Rooney wincast I guess. A bit surprised though...

Very true. I have him and suarez wincasts, singles and a double.

Under 2.5 in Bordeaux vs Bastia @ 1.67

Bordeaux are resting 6 (important) players from the side that played vs Benfica cuz their priority is the return leg vs Benfica next week.
    Bastia are missing important players as well (especially in attack), so there's not one side stronger than the other today.
    Bastia are fighting for survival and if they go 1-0 up they won't push for another goal, Bordeaux are not a high scoring team and their midfield/attack today looks really poor, also Bastia have a good GK, really can't see this game go over 2.5

and a tiny bet on Inkoom (Bastia) anytime @ 29.00

He's a Ghanaian international right back, but today he's playing right winger and making his debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Man Utd team to play Chelsea: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez

Chelsea team to play Man Utd: Cech, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Ba

Rooney has got a real point to prove today, got a double Rooney bale wincast last night at 17/1 pp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Rooney has got a real point to prove today, got a double Rooney bale wincast last night at 17/1 pp

Yeap, same. Posted about it last night and I really think with the lineups now that 17/1 is waaaaay overpriced on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Went for a Nani wincast in the United game - 4/1. He tends to do well in cup games. I thought he was impressive on Tuesday and he was apparently inconsolable after being sent off so will want to prove himself. And when Nani wants to prove himself he tends to shoot a lot.

Ok so given Rooney starts and RVP doesn't I'm definitely on the Rooney wincast now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Wow I have to have a bit of the Hernandez wincast at 11/5. He'll be leading the line and as others have said he's a very good record against Chelsea

Now that he is confirmed...

On Hernandez Wincast @ 3.60
    and Hernandez to score two more more @ 9.00

Great history

Bale Wincast @ 6.00 done too (wouldd kick mysself if he did it and I was not on)

All level stakes

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

Under 2.5 in Bordeaux vs Bastia @ 1.67

Bordeaux are resting 6 (important) players from the side that played vs Benfica cuz their priority is the return leg vs Benfica next week.
    Bastia are missing important players as well (especially in attack), so there's not one side stronger than the other today.
    Bastia are fighting for survival and if they go 1-0 up they won't push for another goal, Bordeaux are not a high scoring team and their midfield/attack today looks really poor, also Bastia have a good GK, really can't see this game go over 2.5

and a tiny bet on Inkoom (Bastia) anytime @ 29.00

He's a Ghanaian international right back, but today he's playing right winger and making his debut.

Nice info I doubled this with man utd to win! here's hoping :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement