Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Higgytash wrote: »
    Bologna +1 is EVENS @ PP , im all over that Like mayonnaise on a bologna sandwich..

2.15 on Stan James and b365.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

tinodz wrote: »
    On Hernandez Wincast @ 3.60

Nothing in my PP account right row, but I'd go to town on this if there was. Stupid price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Great start for all involved! Now, Nani...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Limerick v Cork City

Short and sweet! : 1st televised game of the season is the Munster derby, I cant see it feeling like much of a derby thou, it's being held in Thomond which is far too big for a LOI game and should take away from the derby feel.

Cork have had a great pre-season unbeaten in 9 games and scoring plenty of goals, its the opposite for Limerick winning just 1 in 6, the same 11 that started at home to Crusaders start today with a strong bench.

Limerick have a lot of injury trouble, that and with a lot transfer coming in during the off period I cant see them getting anything today.

Cork City : M. McNulty, Neal Horgan , D. Murray, D. Murphy, K. Murray,I. Turner, C. Healy, S. Duggan,Daryl Horgan, G. Morrissey, D. Kavanagh

Limerick : Ryan, Nzozi, O'Callaghan, Folan, Williams, Gamble, Galbraith, O'Leary, Tracy, Bossekota, Curran

My picks :
    Cork Win @ 2.25
    Cork over 1.5 goals @ 2.50
    Cork win and over 2.5 match goals @ 4.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Limerick v Cork City

Short and sweet! : 1st televised game of the season is the Munster derby, I cant see it feeling like much of a derby thou, it's being held in Thomond which is far too big for a LOI game and should take away from the derby feel.

Cork have had a great pre-season unbeaten in 9 games and scoring plenty of goals, its the opposite for Limerick winning just 1 in 6, the same 11 that started at home to Crusaders start today with a strong bench.

Limerick have a lot of injury trouble, that and with a lot transfer coming in during the off period I cant see them getting anything today.

Cork City : M. McNulty, Neal Horgan , D. Murray, D. Murphy, K. Murray,I. Turner, C. Healy, S. Duggan,Daryl Horgan, G. Morrissey, D. Kavanagh

Limerick : Ryan, Nzozi, O'Callaghan, Folan, Williams, Gamble, Galbraith, O'Leary, Tracy, Bossekota, Curran

My picks :
    Cork Win @ 2.25
    Good info there tilted but just going to do the straight win for Cork as the weather is brutal which may mess up the overs

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Thinking of absolutely lumping on united 5/6

Cant see past united in this one they look as good as ive ever seen them lately, Chelsea are having an awful season club in disarray in my opinion, have lost to Steaua, toon, city and drawn against brentford stoke and swansea away from home since the new year.

United are class at home in my opinion and be a wounded animal after what happened against Madrid think they will really go for the FA cup in a big way this year. Chelsea played a strong squad away in Romania Thursday really cant see them getting anything from this game....

Thinking of sticking me worth on Man United all or nothing :pac: ... football results all over the place this weather so cant decide if i should :confused:

Will have a €20 punt also on

Spurs Win
    United -1
    10/1

Really think United will have a performance in them today, Spurs are dodgy but think they will be bhoyed after the great performance against Milan.

Banker of the day is Both teams to score Pool v Spurs 4/7

Suarez on fire this season and at home pool have scored

3 - 5 - 0 - 5 - 3 - 4 goals in past 6 games. Spurs have scored in each of their past 10 games and pools defence aint exactly top notch.

Had rotten few weeks betting on football so chickened out of all me money on united win :-(

Went with 50 united win in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Patriotic bet on Newcastle @ 1.75 :)

yesssssssss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

baz2009 wrote: »
    Went for a Nani wincast in the United game - 4/1. He tends to do well in cup games. I thought he was impressive on Tuesday and he was apparently inconsolable after being sent off so will want to prove himself. And when Nani wants to prove himself he tends to shoot a lot.

Arrah, bollocks to that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

baz2009 wrote: »
    Arrah, bollocks to that anyway!

Hard luck. Hate it when bets come to and end that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Irish94 wrote: »
    Newcastle vs Stoke City

11 out of 14 games have had 3 goals or less in Newcastle's home games this season. There has been 3 goals or less in 10 games out of 14 in Stoke's away games this season.

Under 3.5 Goals.

Liverpool vs Tottenham

8 out of 14 games have had 3 goals or more in Liverpool's home games this season. 5 of the last 6 games have had 3 or more goals at Anfield. There has been 3 goals or more in 11 games out of 14 games in Tottenhams away games this season.

Over 2.5 Goals.

Two bets combined - Just over evens.

Imagine if they were all as simple as this. :)

Squeaky bum bum time

Under 2.5 in Bordeaux vs Bastia @ 1.67

Bordeaux are resting 6 (important) players from the side that played vs Benfica cuz their priority is the return leg vs Benfica next week.
    Bastia are missing important players as well (especially in attack), so there's not one side stronger than the other today.
    Bastia are fighting for survival and if they go 1-0 up they won't push for another goal, Bordeaux are not a high scoring team and their midfield/attack today looks really poor, also Bastia have a good GK, really can't see this game go over 2.5

and a tiny bet on Inkoom (Bastia) anytime @ 29.00

He's a Ghanaian international right back, but today he's playing right winger and making his debut.

FT 1-0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Just spotted that River Plate are 4/5 to beat Colon at home later on. I'm all over that ... unless there's something I dont know? Players missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    A double of Man U and btts in Liverpool/Spurs

Bad run goes on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United were lucky to draw, Liverpool lucky to win. What a bad day :(

• Advertisement

Now that he is confirmed...

On Hernandez Wincast @ 3.60
    and Hernandez to score two more more @ 9.00

Great history

Bale Wincast @ 6.00 done too (wouldd kick mysself if he did it and I was not on)

All level stakes

****ing Utd :mad:

****ing Weekend :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Ah im sickened. Had half time full time, hernandez wincast and Utd to win all looking good at half time and I didn't hedge my bets... The draw was 12/1 at half time nearly always hedge but was feeling greedy... SIGH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Got to be my worst days betting

Had hibs to win
    Leigh Griffiths to score 1st
    Referee let that down

Needed spurs or draw for 120

Kyle walker ruined that

Then finally needed united

They blow a 2-0 lead and cost me 200 quid

Beyond mad

Not much March bank left after this bad run

Not depositing more this month, so going to have to cobble together something lucky or I will be out til April :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Small bet on Cork dnb, Real Madrid, A Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Bleeding united. Bad day. Bad week. No chasing tonight. End of.:mad:

Now RTE Two are playing Call Me Maybe... YOU ARE MAKING MY DAY WORSE!!

Now RTE Two are playing Call Me Maybe... YOU ARE MAKING MY DAY WORSE!!

Hey I just met you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Hey I just met you!

and this is crazy!

and this is crazy!

But here's my number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ugh just kill me now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

FatRat wrote: »
    But here's my number!

So call me maybe!!!

Or my personal favorite

Hey I just drove here and this is crazy I'm odemwingie so sign me maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bologna +1 is EVENS @ PP , im all over that Like mayonnaise on a bologna sandwich.. I wont lie im currently **** furiously to that bet

178578.jpg

didnt follow but great call higgy,

you must be worn out by now :pac:

Limerick v Cork City

My picks :
    Cork Win @ 2.25

FT 0-0

Didn't happen for Cork, a combination of poor finishing, the weather and under estimating Limerick's new signing to blame. Gilbraith for Limerick in particular looks excellent.

Sorry to who ever followed.

mailburner wrote: »
    didnt follow but great call higgy,

you must be worn out by now :pac:

Ha cheers, actually had it doubled with Man United win :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Inforfun... Any tips on todays Czech u21's? Brno look good at evens! But I haven't a clue about czech u21's really! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Looking at Burnley v Hull later lads...

Hull lost their last 4 away from home
    Last seven meetings between the pair have ended with a Burnley win!

In those seven games, Burnley have scored 16 times, and conceded only 3! Fairly impressive record against Hull so.

2.70 on Paddy.... considering it and a Bohs double.

Bohs winning their last 7 home games in the cup, and beat UCD in the League last week 2-1, so I fancy them to brush the college boys aside.

5 returns me 28 quid, seems like a fairly decent punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Do remember UCD had a man sent off for most of that match, its also a League cup fixture so squads will be rotated.

Much prefer Dundalk win. Kenny has a huge history with this competition, they are at home and Shelbourne are cac. @2 represents great value to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Just realised that the teams ahead of Hull slipped big time at the weekend, so an away win at Burnley who haven't won at home in 4 would see Hull jump two places into second and the automatic promotion places.... God, this ones tough to call but Im beginning to lean towards the visitors now.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Keano! wrote: »
    Just realised that the teams ahead of Hull slipped big time at the weekend, so an away win at Burnley who haven't won at home in 4 would see Hull jump two places into second and the automatic promotion places.... God, this ones tough to call but Im beginning to lean towards the visitors now.... :o
    I also read somewhere that Burnley are missing 4 starters through injury, can't remember where but I'd wait and see before pulling the trigger

At first look of that fixture... A Hull win or draw pops into my head. I wouldn't back Burnley myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

FatRat wrote: »
    Inforfun... Any tips on todays Czech u21's? Brno look good at evens! But I haven't a clue about czech u21's really! :pac:

Only posted that league last week because i always forget about it and normally i am at work around their kick off time.
    I know **** all about the league itself but when it is raining goals, you dont have to know much about a league imo.

Brno was a good bet. Couldnt believe the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Tonight 2 Dutch Jupiler league matches in Holland.
    Well, 1 actually, Eindhoven - Veendam. The other one is postponed

Eindhoven only has 17 players available. 2 Suspension and about 8 injured players.
    At the other hand, it could well be that this is Veendams last match of the season.
    They might very well be out of business if they dont come up with €400.000 by the end of this week to finish the season.

So you could take a chance on Veendam winning since Eindhoven last won at home in October.
    But dont put your house on it.

For those that had bets on next Premier League manager out, all bookies have now suspended betting on Brian McDermott to be next to lose hie job.

He was 25/1 this morning

edit - Officially sacked now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anything sticking out in the Champions League? Haven't researched it yet but I like Milan to qualify at 4/6. Barca usually concede and if that's the case the way they have been playing lately 4 goals would be too much for them

Following the Brain McDermott news, here is something for the weekend...

To Win Both Halves (Man Utd) vs Reading @ 2.10

Not looked at the stats yet, but based on the possible indecision a new person in charage will bring, this seems like it should come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anything sticking out in the Champions League? Haven't researched it yet but I like Milan to qualify at 4/6. Barca usually concede and if that's the case the way they have been playing lately 4 goals would be too much for them

I quite fancy Barca cleansheet @6/5, I dont think Milan will have the ball enough and theyl have 10 men behind the ball surely. If they score I think itl be in extra time though.

Have some fun bets for the cup tonight, not here for in play so nothing serious :

Lucky 15 of :
    Longford Town and over 2.5
    Bohs V UCD goal line 3.0
    Dundalk and over 2.5
    Cobh and over 2.5

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Sligo, Burnley and Zaragosa treble for me tonight.

Longford single bet

In Segunda Division Real Madrid B play near bottom Hercules in Madrid. Last meeting away to Hercules finished 2 - 4 in Madrid's favour. It's 1.74 on betfair for Madrid to win tonight. I've personally gone with 1.74 odds on over 2.5 goals in this as its the bet I find comes in most for Real Madrid B.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I can't see the Waterford match on Betfair now? Is the match still on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I can't see the Waterford match on Betfair now? Is the match still on?

off

Waterford United FC‏@waterfordunited

Hello and goodbye from a snowy RSC as the news comes through that tonight's game has been called off by referee Graham Kelly

Pitch is OK, by all accounts, but the lines can no longer be seen due to the accumulating snow so there it is

On Meyler to be booked @ 3.20

He is the Paul Scholes of Hull City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Shane St. wrote: »

I was looking at the exact same today and also Mexes to get booked. I found out however from some Italian co workers that both Mexes and Pazzini are most likely out through injury for this match. Food for thought on it anyway especially with Balotelli cup tied.

Messi and Iniesta were rested till the 62nd minute in the match on Saturday then given a run out. Xavi is injured as far as I know but not 100% on that, didn't play Saturday anyways.

I hate Lanus because they always let me down. But at the same time I love Lanus. Backing them @4/5 to beat Arsenal tonight.

I just know I'll look back at this decision and remember why I should stop backing them. :pac:

On Meyler to be booked @ 3.20

He is the Paul Scholes of Hull City

Bruce was the only player to be booked. Could not have picked that, as he had only one other card all season. Meyler did get hit in the balls though

7 level stake bets without a win :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement