Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Nothing big from me tonight, just a bit on this...

Barcelona to win Over 11 corners Card Index: Over 50 pts @ 5.50

Will be a fast paced game. Likely loads of fouls as Milan try to stop the likes of Messi skipping away from them. Barca NEED to attack, so corners will come. Milan are the forth most fouling team in Serie A, which is a plus to the cards side of the bet - may need to see a red to break the card index, but it could happen,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

tinodz wrote: »

Will be a fast paced game. Likely loads of fouls as Milan try to stop the likes of Messi skipping away from them. Barca NEED to attack, so corners will come. Milan are the forth most fouling team in Serie A, which is a plus to the cards side of the bed - may need to see a red to break the card index, but it could happen,

Which site does these fixed score/corner/card trebles?

Or is it a fixed bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Seeing that team for barca i fancy barca to qualify

Barca to qualify 11/10 £50.

Great price for the best team in the world if they perform like there capable they will sweep milan aside

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Leeds v Peterborough
    Leeds & over 2.5 goals 8/5
    Last 4 meetings between both teams gone over 2.5 goals all in Leeds favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Gala over 3 corners 5/6

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Or is it a fixed bet?

This bet was on Paddy Power it is fixed - under the Live Trebles market.

Sometimes they offer a much better card index for the treble - over 50 is a bit too high for me to feel confident.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or is it a fixed bet?

paddy powers

AC Milan +2 is 6/5 on PP.

Anyone else think that looks quite good? Given Barca weren't able to score against them last time, and will be more desperate (and thus could be more open) this time round?

Pfft, ****ing Italian bottlers....

Will be a fast paced game. Likely loads of fouls as Milan try to stop the likes of Messi skipping away from them. Barca NEED to attack, so corners will come. Milan are the forth most fouling team in Serie A, which is a plus to the cards side of the bet - may need to see a red to break the card index, but it could happen,

Barca Won, 9 Corners. 40 Points.

Thought it would be closer than that.

LOL

6z0xbdK.jpg

Wish this was mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Simurq vs Qarabag @ 1.50

2 underish teams, I've watched Qarabag a few times and they're pretty bad in attack but they're good at passing the ball around aimlessly.

I've put this in a double with under 4.5 in the Barca game @ 1.95

Get in! :D

I've reached my weekly limit on Bwin though, I've increased the limit but it takes 3 days for the changes to be effective.. so no betting for 3 days :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Gala over 3 corners 5/6

Had 3 after 50 mins and finished on 3 :mad:

Get in! :D

I've reached my weekly limit on Bwin though, I've increased the limit but it takes 3 days for the changes to be effective.. so no betting for 3 days :(:(

Keep posting tips though...

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

magherakid wrote: »
    Schalke v Galatasaray
    Over 55 Booking Points 21/20
    A lot riding on this game, first game finished 1-1 with 7 cards.

3 cards pure dung
    Leeds v Peterborough
    Leeds & over 2.5 goals 8/5
    Last 4 meetings between both teams gone over 2.5 goals all in Leeds favour

1-1 rarely back Leeds, wont be anytime soon again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Sorry anyone who followed me on milan to qualify.... Niang had to score that chance and it was a different game. oh well always another game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Keep posting tips though...

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

I will but it sucks cuz I really wanted to go big on unders in the Bordeaux vs Benfica game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    Seeing that team for barca i fancy barca to qualify

Barca to qualify 11/10 £50.

Great price for the best team in the world if they perform like there capable they will sweep milan aside

That will do me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria wrote:
    Backed El Shaarawy to be AC Milan's top scorer in the CL @5. Currently on 1 goal, unlike other forwards Pazzini, Pato and Bojan, all on zero. Plus, his goalscoring form cannot be ignored. Especially clinched by the fact that Milan are terrible to the point that they won't make it far in the champions league anyway, so that head start of his is a real advantage.

You can't spell joint top goalscorer without the words top goalscorer.

One small bet before bed...

Time of First Goal (Up to and including the 29th minute) @ Evens (Universidad de Chile v Newell's Old Boys)

...the reverse fixture had two goals (one a peno) by 16 minutes. (Highlights here)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Paddy power giving away money tomorrow .... Bayern win 2/5 ... licence to print money . im all over it like mayo on me bologna sambo

802156-boy-with-bologna-sandwich-vertical.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Opinions on Champions League outright at the moment? At the minute I fancy Bayern to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Time of First Goal (Up to and including the 29th minute) @ Evens (Universidad de Chile v Newell's Old Boys)

...the reverse fixture had two goals (one a peno) by 16 minutes. (Highlights here)

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BaneV26

Nice call. In by the 20th minute.

20th Minute goal.

Something to be happy about :)

On that note... Newells can be got at evens after going 1-0 atm. This has been a competition where the underdogs come out on top so far this year and I watched Newells int heir last game when they won 2-4.. so I'm gonna make a bet on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Higgytash wrote: »
    Paddy power giving away money tomorrow .... Bayern win 2/5 ... licence to print money . im all over it like mayo on me bologna sambo

802156-boy-with-bologna-sandwich-vertical.jpg

They dont need to win Bayern. Yes there streets ahead of Arsenal and should win this game comfortably but not at 2/5. Arsenal will or should anyway be throwing everything at Bayern, btts and draw would be a better bet imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I quite fancy Barca cleansheet @6/5, I dont think Milan will have the ball enough and theyl have 10 men behind the ball surely. If they score I think itl be in extra time though.

Did I back it?:( Price went to 10/11 when I went to do the bet today.

Should of seen this coming tbh, remember Milan v Arsenal in the 2nd leg in the emirates last year??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I went for over 3.0 goal-line in the bayern game is (slightly below 1/1) and porto over 4 corners @ 1/1 double bet there

Yes I know the porto part is dodgy but porto like the corners and at such low amount needed, I think it's worth a shot. Not my brightest bet but I couldn't say no to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

They dont need to win Bayern. Yes there streets ahead of Arsenal and should win this game comfortably but not at 2/5. Arsenal will or should anyway be throwing everything at Bayern, btts and draw would be a better bet imo

Arsenal look really weak though,No Wilshere or Podolski and they could possibly be resting a few other players with their champions league spot now in real jeopardy.Since their run to the final in '06 they've lost 7/9 away knockout stage matches,In most or all of those games they've had at least one "talisman" on the pitch,Henry,Fabregas,RVP Wilshere etc,And I don't see any players of that calibre lining out for them tonight.

Bayern might make changes but their strength in depth is frightening.Combined with some other facts in their favor from OPTA:

Bayern Munich are the top scorers in this season's Champions League (18 goals).

Bayern Munich have scored in each of their last 13 Champions League games,
    Arsenal have only kept one clean sheet in their last 23 Champions League games away from home.They have the joint worst defensive record in the last 16 this year(With Celtic)and the fewest shots out of the last 16.

I backed Arsenal in the previous game because they are capable of the odd extraordinary performance in Europe at the Emirates,Such as against Barca.But this Bayern team look almost as good as that Barca team and Arsenal look a lot worse since those big nights for them in Europe,You're right about the Bayern win not looking great value but everything seems to point to a more than comfortable victory for the home side tonight.

• Advertisement

The fact that they would confirm they are choosing to rest key players should show the attitude Arsenal are going into tonight's match with. No hope of a comeback ala Barca last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Anyone else think Malaga are overpriced to win at 9/5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Alright lads,

interested to hear what people think about these bets ahead of the weekend.

I am usually sketchy about handicaps unless really certain, especially -2 handicaps. However this weekend I can see both Real Madrid and Man Utd both bringing in a -2 handicap given they field full strength.

Real play Mallorca in Bernabeau and are 5/6 on Paddy Power win -2 handicap.

Real have won the last three encounters 0 5 (this season), 4 1 and 1 2 (last season) - there are no midweek distractions I know of in the week following the game and there was no mid week game leading up to it. Madrid need to keep up pressure on Athletico in the league and will want to win this convincingly at home.

Man United are 11/10 to beat a managerless Reading with a -2 handicap. It was 4 0 against Norwich last league game and after defeat to Real and drawing to Chelsea throwing away a 2 goal lead I see them looking for a big score win at home in this.

Deportivo La Caruno v Celta Vigo is a bottom of the table relegation scrap coming near the end of the season, I fancy both teams to score in this at 8/11 and also think celta Vigo win at 2/1 is a bit overpriced, unless there is some injuries I don't know about. btts comes in very regular in Celta Vigo games. In the last three meetings of these teams btts has come in.

Another bet for both teams to score at the weekend I like is Villa v QPR 4/6

Also think that Spurs should take Fulham at home although the odds are low 8/15

Gonna do some singles possibly on these as well as doubles to beef up some of the lower odds. Sorry I've only had time to get odds off Paddy Power, there are probably better options out there.

Cheers

Is Arsenal going low strength tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

2 bets tonight in Bayern - Arsenal game.

Btts and Bayern win 2/1
    Bayern to win both halves 5/2

Couldn't see Arsenal bothering Bayern much before and less so now with the squad that's travelling.

shrewdness wrote: »
    2 bets tonight in Bayern - Arsenal game.

Btts and Bayern win 2/1
    Bayern to win both halves 5/2

Couldn't see Arsenal bothering Bayern much before and less so now with the squad that's travelling.

Where did you get 5/2 for Bayern to win both halves?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Thinking about

Bayern -1

Blackburn

Malaga v Porto draw

12.5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

My only bet for the night:

Millwall vs Blackburn game: card over 4/5 @ 6/5

Any corner prophecies out there for Malaga/Porto?

I'm an arsenal fan so defo no action on the other game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

FatRat wrote: »

Where did you get 5/2 for Bayern to win both halves?

Sorry should have mentioned that, it was an in shop special in Boyles.

Any corner prophecies out there for Malaga/Porto?

I'm an arsenal fan so defo no action on the other game :pac:

Porto seem to get a few but Malaga don't. Then again Malaga have it all to play for and Porto are happy with the way things are.... Tough call really. Could be loads, could be very few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bayern to score in both halves for me at 5/6 pp

it shouldnt be too hard in fairness

Fabiański; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs; Ramsey, Arteta; Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla; Giroud

Neuer, Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba, Martinez, Gustavo, Müller, Kroos, Robben, Mandzukić

Bayern -3 anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv gone for Bayern Munich & Over 3.5 @ 13/8

Already on -1 and -2 from last night. Will keep an eye on the inplay markets though; if Bayern score quickly, will be looking at -3 as well :D

Muller wincast @2/1

And a small bet on Porto over 6 corners @ 4/1

Arsenal often play better with the pressure completely off, a draw wouldn't surprise me to be honest!

May new Pope Messi bring luck to our bets tonight

Bayern goals over 2.5 11/10

Koscielny to be shown a card at 5/2 looks great with skybet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Koscielny to be shown a card at 5/2 looks great with skybet

I like that one, big price

have to follow

Malaga to Qualify @ 3/1 is my only bet