Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Robben win cast for me @ 7/5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Last time I bet on teams who are "safe"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Malaga to Qualify @ 3/1 is my only bet

To high for a one goal advantage

LLimccfl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

So Euro cup tomorrow night......whats the coup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

They dont need to win Bayern. Yes there streets ahead of Arsenal and should win this game comfortably but not at 2/5. Arsenal will or should anyway be throwing everything at Bayern, btts and draw would be a better bet imo

I did say lads....
    Typical complacency from a side with a comfy lead from the first leg!

So, Arsenal should be wore out after that game. Swansea vs Arsenal is on Saturday, and that is not much time to rest

Swansea are pretty decent at home. Swansea's last 10 Home game (5 Wins, 1 Loss, 4 Draws). This includes Draws with Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.

I will be on a Swansea And Draw Double Chance @ 1.70 (B365)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Uggh Bayern, don't trust Chelsea 2mrw and nothing else interests me in the EL... I'll wait for the Prem league games... Good shout on Swansea DC looks a good shout alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The thing is Arsenal would have gotten alot of confidence from that win

Headshot wrote: »
    The thing is Arsenal would have gotten alot of confidence from that win

Geoff Shreeves, the Master of joylessness, already made sure to take that from them

Congrats, you are a "Glorious Failure" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm gonna back Deportivo Lara to beat Olimpia tonight @6/4 I think it's a generous price. But I just know something crazy will happen because its the Libertadores .....

I usually have Liverpool black listed but im seriously considering going for them at the weekend

maybe liverpool win and over 2.5 goals @ 13/8

FatRat wrote: »
    I'm gonna back Deportivo Lara to beat Olimpia tonight @6/4 I think it's a generous price. But I just know something crazy will happen because its the Libertadores .....

1-0 Olimpia already... good news is I waited to bet in-game... huge let off that! :D

Newcastle v Anzhi
    Manager Alan Pardew stressed the importance of beating Stoke at the weekend to ensure he could play the strongest possible team for the visit of Anzhi with the tie delicately poised at 0-0. The first leg was low on chances on what was a difficult pitch with Newcastle defending outstandingly. The onus is now on them to try win the tie at home.
    Newcastle's form has improved dramatically with their late splurge in the January transfer window and the return from injury of key personnel.
    They have won four of their last 6 league games and their last 3 at St. James Park, where they are unbeaten in their 5 games in this season's competition, winning 3 and drawing two. Anzhi were beaten twice on their travels in the group stages, including the last Premier League outfit they faced where they went down 1-0 to Liverpool in the group stages. It was a late late goal form Traore last time at Hannover that salvaged a draw for them. They also lost at the weekend in the Russian league.
    With the feel good factor around St. James at the moment and taking into account their home record I'm going to back Newcastle to win at generous odds of 29/20.
    I also recommend backing Cabaye to find the net anytime. He has found the net in his last two home games and with his lethal set piece skills he'll be sure to test the Anzhi keeper.
    Newcastle to win 29/20
    Cabaye anytime 7/2

Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest
    Chelsea can take huge encouragement from their comeback against Man Utd at the weekend. Recovering from 2 goals down at half time the Blues came away from the game feeling they should have won. With a game against a West ham side who don't travel well at the weekend (lost 7 of last 9 away) I expect rafa will play as strong a team as possible to try and over turn the one goal deficit.
    Steaua offered very little threat in play in the 1st leg and got their only goal from the penalty spot. With that in mind and the threat Chelsea have going forward I'm backing them to turn this tie around. Chelsea (-1) at 10/11 looks a good price.
    After coming on as a sub and starting the comeback with an excellent strike I'm also backing Hazard to find the net here. He should be that bit fresher having only played 40mins at the weekend. It was Hazard's strike in their last home game against Sparta Prague that booked their place in the round of 16.
    Chelsea -1 10/11
    Hazard anytime 2/1

Inter Milan v Tottenham
    As you seen with Bayern Munich tonight complacency is Spurs' only enemy to progressing in this tie. I think the 5/4 for Inter to salvage some pride is a decent pride. They are far better at home. With key man Gareth Bale suspended and a tricky looking game against Fulham at the weekend so they will want their key men refreshed for that as they push for a Champions League place so I can see some of their squad players getting a run out.
    Inter win 5/4
    Premier League 16th March

Everton v Man City
    I'm liking the price on the draw here. Yes Man City have started to play with confidence since the near fatal defeat to Southampton and Everton are coming off the back of a hugely disappointing home loss in the FA Cup to Wigan. While they were hugely impressive in beating Chelsea, their other two big wins were against lower league sides and they only scraped by Aston Villa thanks to a howler from Ciaran Clark.
    Everton's home league form is very good. Only Chelsea have come away with 3 points this season and that game was a freak result as Everton should have been out of sight only for some wayward finishing. Man Utd and Spurs have both come to Goodison and been beaten. It should also be noted that this is a fixture that Man City have struggled in. City have only won one of the last 7 meetings between the sides, while David Moyes' men have come out on top in the last 3 meetings at Goodison. I think Moyes will get a response to the Wigan defeat and Everton's good record against City will continue.
    Draw 5/2
    Aston Villa v Q.P.R.
    A massive game at the bottom with Villa sitting 3 points clear of 18th place Wigan and just a further point clear of QPR. It is a really tough game to call as QPR are coming off the back of 2 straight league wins. Having been so negative all season, I was really impressed with how QPR took the game to Sunderland and they deserved the win. Villa will be confident too, having secured a huge win at Reading. It's hard to make a case for either of these sides though. Villa have lost 5 of the last 6 at home, whereas QPR have fared slightly better taking 7 points from a possible 12 on the road. I'd just have QPR as slight favorites as they seem better run defensively and they have a genuine goal threat in Remy. I tipped him to find the net last weekend (along with Benteke) and I'll back him to make it 4 goals from 5 league starts.
    QPR win 23/10
    Remy anytime 7/4

Man United v Reading
    United looked jaded in the 2nd half against Chelsea and I think we might see quite a few changes here. I think the team will be similar to the one which played the FA Cup 5th round tie where United ran out 2-1 winners. I'm going to do the same bets I did that night (which all came in)
    Hernandez 1st goalscorer 3/1 - Expect him to be on the end of most chances leading the line. Scored in the FA Cup game.
    Utd to win by a goal 9/2 - Don't have the stat off hand, but nearly 2/3s of United's wins this season have been by a one goal margin. They have won both games against Reading by a goal margin this season.

Premier League 17th March

Sunderland v Norwich
    Think this game will be last on most highlight reels. Sunderland's main goal getter is struggling for goals (1 in 6) and the unders have collected in 5 of Norwich's last 8. Can't see many goals in it and under 2.5 goals at 4/5 looks good.
    Under 2.5 goals 4/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Chelsea to qualify in 90 minutes is evens on PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Arsenal can't beat Blackburn at home but can beat Bayern in their own back yard.

Football,What are you!?:eek:

• Advertisement

I usually have Liverpool black listed but im seriously considering going for them at the weekend

maybe liverpool win and over 2.5 goals @ 13/8

Liverpool are scoring freely. A quick look at Southamptons home form though and they have taken some big scalps.

Suarez anytime is fantastic this season and one I'd go for provided the odds are decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Anyone think there is value in backing Nacional to beat Boca Juniors in the copa de Libertadores tonight @ 5/4

Nacional won the away leg 0 - 1 and Boca are bottom of the table half way through the stage with 1 win and 2 losses. Nacional are top of group with 2 wins and 1 draw.

After last nights Bayern fiasco I'm wary of going near Europa league second round ties,especially Spurs at 3 0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Rubin Kazan to beat Levante 19/20. Seems safe enough bet.

Levante have horrible form at the moment and travelling to russia is always going to be a difficult task.

Rubin knocked out Atletico Madrid in the last round.

Anybody got anything to put me off this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Malaga are a good bit bigger in the outright than they were before the last 16, despite obviously being one step closer to the prize and looking very impressive last night. Huge opportunity for a trade here, can see them being about 16/1 if they make the semi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Malaga are a good bit bigger in the outright than they were before the last 16, despite obviously being one step closer to the prize and looking very impressive last night. Huge opportunity for a trade here, can see them being about 16/1 if they make the semi's.

They haven't fared badly against Real and Barce this season too.Depends on the draw but would like to see them go well either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can't see Levante getting anything in Russia, it's very cold there right now, Kazan are solid at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Biggest snow storm in 50 years due in Moscow apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Double of Chelsea 1/3 and Rubin DNB 1/3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chelsea to qualify in 90 minutes is evens on PP.

Reckon this is my one bet for the night. On a bad run with Sunday's disaster day and then Bayern and AC Milan having a **** about...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Back in the game after a good few days on Cheltenham (and I know nothing about horses:D)

Tonight going for a trixie on Rubin/Newcastle/Chelsea , main concern being Newcastle but they are a very good price

And going large on Chelsea -1, can't see this not coming in, I actually talked myself off -2 aswell after what we will know forever more as the Bayern fiasco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Red card at Rubin - Levante @3.5 (betfair)

1st match had 2 red cards and today's ref normally doesn't leave his cards at home either

Anyone know what the weather is like in the Russian matches?

Rubin Kazan have drifted a fair bit since I checked them last night. They're 23/20 now! Might have some of that!

Anyone know what the weather is like in the Russian matches?

There's no snow on the pitch in the Rubin Kazan game... freezing cold though. It'll be tough for Levante and Basel.... Very tough.

Did I hear right bale won't be playing tonight?

Jebus is true.

• Advertisement

yea hes suspended

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Picked up a booking in the first leg that rules him out.

Yep... Looks like the fixture will have to be changed to Inter Milan vs Jan Vetonghen instead of Inter Milan vs Gareth Bale.

Might do a Russian double... Rubin Kazan look on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Jebus is true.
    Shane St. wrote: »
    yea hes suspended
    ShamoBuc wrote: »

The current debate on talkSPORT is whether Spurs are right or wrong to leave Bale out this evening :pac::pac::pac::pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ohhh.. was that why he dived to the ground in that match.....

getmecoat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Bordeaux vs Benfica @ 1.57

Game of the year for Bordeaux, they rested almost their entire team at the weekend cuz of this game. Unlike the other French teams, Bordeaux take the Europa League VERY seriously, the players and manager all think they have a chance of qualifying, they actually had more shots on target than Benfica in Portugal. If they concede a goal, they'd have to score 3, so they'll be cautious. Bordeaux usually do well against big teams and PSG only won 1-0 there.

I'd go pretty big on this if I hadn't reached my weekly limit on Bwin :( really can't see this bet fail unless Benfica get an early goal.

las do Bordeaux like the corners?

I am not Las but checked it out for you anyway.
    Only 9.1 on average in Ligue 1 at home games.

las do Bordeaux like the corners?

just had a look and they had 6 vs PSG, I think you can expect a similar number tonight.

• Advertisement

Palacio to score @ 3.15

Big odds as Inter chase the game.

Small bit on Cassano too @ 3.95

F*ck it... Caved and backed Rubin Kazan...

Think this is a nice double for the weekend:

Suarez to score and Liverpool to win 19/10
    Liverpool are going well at the moment. They have won their last 3 and as I've already stated they look a different team when Suarez and Sturridge both play. They have already won handsomely against other league strugglers away (QPR 3-0, Wigan 4-0) Southampton lost a huge game last week against QPR and if QPR can win there I see no reason why Liverpool can't. Suarez, the league's top scorer, has 5 goals in his last 3 games, including a hat trick on his last away trip at Wigan.

Bale to score and Spurs to win 5/4

Spurs should bounce back after the disappointing defeat to Liverpool last week. They had gone 12 without defeat before the trip to Anfield and have won 6 of last 8 at Anfield. Spurs have won the last 4 league meetings at WHL, while Bale has 7 goals in his last 6 league games and should be fresh having missed the midweek EL game through suspension.

Works out over 5/1

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Palacio to score @ 3.15

Big odds as Inter chase the game.

Small bit on Cassano too @ 3.95

Cassano bet is in.

Palacio just hit the post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

What a load of **** zenit backed them at 2/1 to qualify the minute i seen that donkey step up to take the pen instead of hulk knew my bet was over

Cardozo and Lima are on the bench for Benfica!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest
    Steaua Bucharest corners over 3.5 11/10
    Mata anytime 6/5

Palacio!!

2-0 Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Just have a feeling Torres will score a couple tonight, nibble on Torres to score 2 or more at 4/1

And Anzhi to qualify @8/11 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

treble of

chelsea to qualify
    benfica to qualify
    Newcastle Asian handicap +0.0

at 2.95

medium stake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Typical Rubin can't score any in 90 and then bang in two in extra time :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement